News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Ab Diver
QuoteIf Sactotoddler is gunna be a big sister by this summer, you d better get busy!  

Or convince Sactotoddler that she s a hamster, Gestation period: 15 - 18 days.

(I love the internet)

gsm x2

griffsmom

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers
 Sactotoddler is ready to be a big sister. She carries her little baby doll around, hugs it, gives it kisses, feeds it water, and pushes it around in her little toy stroller.

Sorry, but I gotta disagree with Sactotoddler.  Only when she refuses to share, pushes sactobrother or sister out of the way to get to mommy/daddy first, pulls hair, pushes, hits, pinches scratches, and tries to gouge baby eyes out will she truly be ready to be a big sister.  But no worries; she ll be two soon. [;)]

Cottonwooder

griffsmom
QuoteOnly when she refuses to share, pushes sactobrother or sister out of the way to get to mommy/daddy first, pulls hair, pushes, hits, pinches scratches, and tries to gouge baby eyes out will she truly be ready to be a big sister.

I simply must put my foot down against such blasphemy.  That is NOT a true big sister!  A big sister cannot stand when the little one gets anything, no matter how small.  The big one will whine, pester the smaller one, treat her like her own toy/possession, provoke her, make her scream, teach her bad habits, etc. but never do the things the uninformed Griffsmom claims.  (I know this for a fact, as both of these creatures live in our house!)

Now then, Mr. & Mrs. Sacto, after reading these posts, are you sure you want another one?  [;)][8D][:D]

gsm x2

SactoCampersYes, it is too bad that Sactotoddler is a little girl.  If she were a boy, she would be a big brother.  All of your problems would be solved then.  As the big brother of the family, I can tell you that there is no better creation on God s Earth than a big brother.  A big brother recognizes his role as " the protector"  of his younger siblings.  Much like the alpha-gorilla in the troupe, the big brother is always on guard for any encroaching enemy.  His kin admire him and adore his role in the family circle.  And intelligent--it s a well proven fact that all big brothers are the most intelligent of all children.  Have you ever wondered why the first born male is always chosen as KING?  It s because of his reverence as THE BIG BROTHER.
 Ah yes--two bad Sactotoddler wasn t born a boy.  The experienced mom s pretty well spelled out the role of the OLDER SISTER.

gsm x2, the Big Brother in the family with ONE older sister.

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
Quoteit s a well proven fact that all big brothers are the most intelligent of all children.

:::guffaw, snicker::::  ROFLMAO!!!!  [:D][:D][:D]

otter

gsm x2
QuoteYes, it is too bad that Sactotoddler is a little girl.

Oh! my Lord!...  You give that child a hug from Grandma Dianne.  There is nothing more precious than a child.  Don t ever let her think she should be anyone but herself.  Our daughter was first born and has been a great older sibling to her brothers. As kids there were the spats of course , but as adults (which they are for most of thier lives) she is a source of strenth to her brothers.  
 Kings!!!pashaw...

griffsmom

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

QuoteOnly when she refuses to share, pushes sactobrother or sister out of the way to get to mommy/daddy first, pulls hair, pushes, hits, pinches scratches, and tries to gouge baby eyes out will she truly be ready to be a big sister.

I simply must put my foot down against such blasphemy.  That is NOT a true big sister!  A big sister cannot stand when the little one gets anything, no matter how small.  The big one will whine, pester the smaller one, treat her like her own toy/possession, provoke her, make her scream, teach her bad habits, etc. but never do the things the uninformed Griffsmom claims.  (I know this for a fact, as both of these creatures live in our house!)

My bad.  I was thinking boy, not girl. [:)] [;)] But in my defense, I can t help it; it s my reality and there isn t even a younger sibling! [>:]

OC Campers

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Now then, Mr. & Mrs. Sacto, after reading these posts, are you sure you want another one?  [;)][8D][:D]

Oh my dear Patricia, these 2 live in my house but they are BOYS!!  Holy cow, my 2 little " darlings" [:@] are at it constantly.  And as far as bad habits go, how do you cure a 2 year old from trying to imitate an arm-pit fart??  Now when ever I scold him he arm-pit farts me.   FRUSTRATION!!!

jacqui

griffsmom

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2
 ...there is no better creation on God s Earth than a big brother.  A big brother recognizes his role as " the protector"  of his younger siblings.  Much like the alpha-gorilla in the troupe, the big brother is always on guard for any encroaching enemy.  

I must admit, my big brother (14 years older than me) was definitely my body guard and I worshipped the ground he walked on.  He used to babysit me and takeme with him everywhere he went.  He took me to my first movie (Jungle Book).  He d even take me on dates with him!  My sister (18 years older than me) was more like another mother when I was little--you know, always bossing me around. [: (]  Now that we re both adults, though, we re very close.  

QuoteAnd intelligent--it s a well proven fact that all big brothers are the most intelligent of all children.

Actually, that s an urban legend. The most intelligent child is the baby of the family.  

QuoteHave you ever wondered why the first born male is always chosen as KING?  

That s easy; because they don t want to waste the intellect of the baby, and the big brother is the most easily expendable. [;)]

So says the BABY of the family, with a Big Brother and an Older Sister. [:D]

griffsmom

OC Campers

QuoteORIGINAL:  OC Campers

And as far as bad habits go, how do you cure a 2 year old from trying to imitate an arm-pit fart??  Now when ever I scold him he arm-pit farts me.   FRUSTRATION!!!

jacqui

Jacqui, if Matthew teaches arm-pit farting to Griffin, I ll never forgive you.  I mean it!  (although I did ROTFLMHO when I read your post!!!) [:D]  I can just see Griffin at preschool, or worse, in front of our pastor, waving his little chicken wing trying to make a fart sound!  [&:]

Nick

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Nick -
 I was just checking out the latest issue of PUT and on the back cover is your brother s twin!  A Hummer pulling a PU.  Check it out.
 Btw, did your other brother Dave get a Kiwi yet?

Hey Jeff,
 I haven t recieved my issue yet.  No Kiwi for Dave yet either.  I think he is going to get the VW up for sale this week so he has a down pmt.

Two more days till its camping time.  The family is heading down to Pfiffer Big Sur for the long weekend.  Had to get reservations about six months ago.

SactoCampers

griffsmom
QuoteActually, that s an urban legend. The most intelligent child is the baby of the family.

quote:

Have you ever wondered why the first born male is always chosen as KING?

That s easy; because they don t want to waste the intellect of the baby, and the big brother is the most easily expendable.  

So says the BABY of the family, with a Big Brother and an Older Sister.  

Right on Lori [:)]. (Says another baby of the family)

OC Campers

griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  OC Campers

And as far as bad habits go, how do you cure a 2 year old from trying to imitate an arm-pit fart??  Now when ever I scold him he arm-pit farts me.   FRUSTRATION!!!

jacqui

Jacqui, if Matthew teaches arm-pit farting to Griffin, I ll never forgive you.  I mean it!  (although I did ROTFLMHO when I read your post!!!) [:D]  I can just see Griffin at preschool, or worse, in front of our pastor, waving his little chicken wing trying to make a fart sound!  [&:]

Sorry, Lori, it will be " play at your own risk" [:D].  Well my dearest Matthew did do this to our pastor.  Pastor was bending over to talk to Matt and what does Matt do.  He raises is arm and starts making farting noises with his mouth.  I just wanted to crawl under a rock.  I was so embarassed.   Of course it is now a funny game so he does it all day long.  I just walk away and shake my head.  Where did I go wrong??[&:]

Jacqui

Red neff Barchetta

otterHappy camping Mike & Michelle!!  Maybe you ll get an unlevel site so you can finally use the Bal the way it was meant to be used, ha.  That was classic at Olema.  I think you had the most level site and no real need for levelers of any kind.
 But you did bring plenty of your home-made brew, which is all that really matters.

gsm x2

OC Campers
Quotequote:

ORIGINAL: OC Campers

And as far as bad habits go, how do you cure a 2 year old from trying to imitate an arm-pit fart??

An arm pit fart???  How do you do that?  I ll have to have Matt teach me how.  Nothing ingrains an idea like teaching someone how to do it.  It will help Matt s self-esteem SO MUCH to be able to teach an adult how to armpit fart.  Then I can teach it to Griffin.

Oh, I would have made such a great father.  [:)]

gsm x2