News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SactoCampers

6QuigsWe had a fantastic weekend at Wright s Beach! This time we got a site darn near close to the beach. The " beach"  sites were just across the road from us, so we could at least see the ocean from our site. We left Saturday morning because we didn t want to deal with Friday traffic. Stayed two nights. No traffic on the way there or back. Weather was overcast but really nice. Not windy at all (BIG plus!). Sactotoddler loved playing at the beach. Actually, she like looking at the cows through the car window on the way up just as much. After getting set up early Saturday afternoon, we walked the whole 50 yards to the beach and sat on the warm sand. I played with the dog to get him tuckered out. Wasn t too cold Saturday night. We brought our down comforter and that really kept in the heat! Didn t run the furnace at all. Sunday we put Sactotoddler in the backpack and took a hike on what we thougt was a trail, but it sure didn t seem like it. Took a little trail back down to the beach and walked back. Then had lunch and went back out to the beach for a few hours.  I took a shower in the popup ([:)]) and then we had dinner. It was colder at night since the fog had burned off so we had to turn the furnace on a little bit, but we had plenty of battery power. Didn t use that much. But I did have to fill the freshwater tank twice and empty both grey water tanks and the shower greay water tank twice! My new little grey water collection system worked great, everybody kept staring at it,  (I ve got some pictures I ll post on my website tomorrow) especially a camper with a Starcraft who was collecting his grey water in  a 5 gallon bucket as it just poured out the side. No garden hose, nothing. There were about a handful of popups at this campground which was nice to see.  Anyway, this was one of our best outings and we look forward to going back again. Breaking down camp went amazingly smooth since I decided not to rush it. I just took a leisurely time and I ended up having everything done earlier than I had planned.  

A couple of mishaps though:

1.) Stupid popup trick:  I was maneuvering the popup in the garage so I could hitch up. I pushed the back right into my workbench and crunched the taillight. Fortunately camping world was open on Monday on the way back! [;)]

2.) One of my popup bunk end supports bent this weekend. Okay, get your mind out of the gutter, it was the back bunk and the support didn t break, but the part that inserts into the bumper bent and made that end collapse. I think I may have only had the tip inserted into the bumper and not the entire part, so I m hoping that was it. Kinda spooked us because Sactotoddler was getting a diaper change when it happened. Anyway, I will order a new one tomorrow.

3.) I put dielectric grease on my seven-way connector (both popup and tow vehicle) last week. Then, of course, I go to the beach and proceed to drop the connector right in the sand. Sand in every single receptacle of the connector  [:@][: (].

So, that s how our weekend went. We had a great time.

Over and out.

griffsmom

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers
 Kinda spooked us because Sactotoddler was getting a diaper change when it happened.

That must ve been one helluva full diaper! [:o][;)][8D]

g-whiz

SactoCampersHey Sacto!  Glad to hear your mishaps weren t too serious and that your weekend was tons of fun.  Now back to reality. [:(]

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampersBrian -
 My mind is the gutter.  So how far did you 2 get before bending the bunk-end support pole?  Apparently there was an earthquake here last night (biggest since  69 (no pun intended, lol)), but I guess you were busy making your own.
 Glad you had a great w/e!  Dropping the connector in the sand and clogging it up sounds like a Jeff move.

Clueless -
 Glad you made the best of the heat.  Have fun in Yosemite!

Dave -
 We were at the Butterfly Grove Inn in Pacific Grove and Dianne & Lon came down from their home in Santa Cruz.  Btw, we give the Inn a " 9" .  Very nice!  We are ready to camp though.

Civil_War_Buff

6QuigsGlad all had a great weekend! Mine was fine as well...had a great reenacment, and I can t wait till the next one....3 more weeks!!

Kevin, I am glad to hear that you are healing quickly...we want you at 100% at the Rally.  And I am so glad that the job is working out well.

Looking forward to see everyone at the Rally....24 days to go for us!

g-whiz

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

Glad all had a great weekend! Mine was fine as well...had a great reenacment, and I can t wait till the next one....3 more weeks!!

CWB!  You re alive! [;)]  Welcome back to a more civil place.  [:D]

Surfcal

SactoCampersAn Officer and a Gentleman:

Richard Gere might have starred in the blockbuster movie An Officer and A Gentleman, but to know someone in real life with those qualities is an extraordinary thing.  Richard Gere, I know Scott Miller and Scott Miller is a friend of mine.  You re no Scott Miller.

Congratulations are in order to Gregory Scott Miller, thus GSM (X2 comes from Georgeanne S. Miller).  Tomorrow, Mr. Smith goes to Washington, or Miller goes to Sacramento to recieve a prestigious award.  Earlier this year, he was named as the Officer of the Year by the California Department of Boating and Waterways for the State of California.

In Sacramento Thursday, May 29th. there is an awards ceremony at the state capital and I wanted to let the NNC and SCC membership to know and wish a warm congratulations and bring recognition to one of our own.

We re not worthy.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampersCongratulations Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Give us more details.  Are you being flown up to Sacto.?  Who is presenting the award?  Give us more!  Give us more!
 Way to go!

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampersWelcome back from the pretend dead CWB!!
 Where will you be in 3 weeks?

Ab Diver

SactoCampersWow, that s quite an honor. Congratulations, Scott! And to think we all knew him when he was just another pop-up camper.[;)]

Way to go, Bro!

Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

Nick,
 This is campinggeek.  We were also at Pfeiffer Big Sur until Saturday am.  We were there all week.  What site were you in?

CampingGeek
 99 Utah behind a Chevy 1500HD

We stayed in site 117, had a great weekend camping.  My duel batteries ended up lasting all weekend.  Saturday we drove down to San Simion and saw the elephant seals.  Not as many there as last month but a lot of males there that were not last time.  I think I m getting to like the dry camping more.

Has anyone ever camped in BLM camprounds along the American River?

Civil_War_Buff

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Welcome back from the pretend dead CWB!!
 Where will you be in 3 weeks?

Thanks, it s great to be BACK.

I will be in Hollister at Casa de Fruta.

Larry

SactoCampers

SactoCampersKev,

Really hope you re feeling better and have a speedy recovery.

Congrats Scott! I m not surprised though [;)]. You should get the award every year!

As promised folks, my NEW AND IMPROVED PVC grey water system:

http://sactocampers.tripod.com/sactocamperswebpage/id17.html

and a couple pictures of our campsite at Wright s Beach (note the date on the picture headings...we ve been there twice):

http://sactocampers.tripod.com/sactocamperswebpage/id12.html

SactoCampersYES  YES  YES  Congrats again it Scott for the Award.  Sacramento will be hot tomorrow in more ways than one.  Couldn t happen to nicer person.  
 Dianne and Lon.

Ca-girl

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

An Officer and a Gentleman:

Richard Gere might have starred in the blockbuster movie An Officer and A Gentleman, but to know someone in real life with those qualities is an extraordinary thing.  Richard Gere, I know Scott Miller and Scott Miller is a friend of mine.  You re no Scott Miller.

Congratulations are in order to Gregory Scott Miller, thus GSM (X2 comes from Georgeanne S. Miller).  Tomorrow, Mr. Smith goes to Washington, or Miller goes to Sacramento to recieve a prestigious award.  Earlier this year, he was named as the Officer of the Year by the California Department of Boating and Waterways for the State of California.

In Sacramento Thursday, May 29th. there is an awards ceremony at the state capital and I wanted to let the NNC and SCC membership to know and wish a warm congratulations and bring recognition to one of our own.

We re not worthy.

Surfcal

Wow...that s in MY neck of the woods!!  Is just any riff-raff allowed to attend??  I d love to be the crazy one in the audience screaming and hollering when they announce your name!! :)