News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteCongratulations Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give us more details. Are you being flown up to Sacto.? Who is presenting the award? Give us more! Give us more!
 Way to go!

Jeff,

Since you asked, this award came from the California Department of Boating and Waterways.  Their commission is meeting in Sacramento on Thursday.  Here are the details.

BOATING AND WATERWAYS COMMISSION MEETING
 Hilton Sacramento Arden West
 2000 Harvard Street
 Sacramento, California
 May 29, 2003

Somewhere around here or work I have the agenda---it didn t make the on-line agenda.  http://dbw.ca.gov/bwcmMay.htm  But somewhere after the closed session, the Director, Ray Tsuneyoshi will give me the award.  Ray s a really nice man and a great Department Head who is more than just a figurehead type guy.  Like when he comes down to attend the California Boating Safety Officers Association meetings, he stays all three days....unheard of in the " drop in for a half hour"  type political schedules.

It s kind of a lifetime achievement award for a lot of years of work as a Board Member at [link]http://www.cbsoa.org[/link] (some SCC members may recognize the WebSite Style) and long-time editor of the newsletter.  Also got to teach the Basic Boating Safety Enforcement Course for about nine years and helped the Ventura Harbor Patrol teach about eleven years of " Rescue Boat Handling" , a course that is one of the HIGHEST RATED P.O.S.T. classes ever.  I was just fortunate to be in the right place at the right time with a Department that supported me....but all modesty aside....I really did work hard for a lot of years so appreciate the recognition.

SurfCal--see what you started!!!!  Thanks,

Scott

griffsmom

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2
 ....but all modesty aside....I really did work hard for a lot of years so appreciate the recognition.

Yes!  All modesty aside and upside down and any-which-other way! You deserve it and we re mighty proud of and happy for you!!! [:D]

Cheers to you, Scott! [8D]

griffsmomScott,
 Congratulations.  Good things do happen.  It sounds like you love your job and it s nice to get the recognition also.

Nick,
 We almost took 117 but we were in 77 just above you.  With 2 very active kids being between 2 roads isn t the first choice.  

Which one s along the River?  Up past Kyburz?

Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

Nick,
 We almost took 117 but we were in 77 just above you.  With 2 very active kids being between 2 roads isn t the first choice.  

What kink of PU do you have.  I don t recall seeing directly around us.

Civil_War_Buff

Nick
QuoteCampingGeek
 99 Utah behind a Chevy 1500HD

This is what they have Nick!  How big is the place?  Do they have a website?

Civil_War_Buff

SactoCampersOh, BTW, Congrats Scott, you deserve the award no doubt!

Nick

Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

QuoteCampingGeek
 99 Utah behind a Chevy 1500HD

This is what they have Nick!  How big is the place?  Do they have a website?

Thanks Larry.  Pfeiffer is huge, absolutely huge, enormous, grandiose.......  The only website is under the CA State Park website.  I ll try to get some pictures posted tonight on my clubphoto site.  Although no hookups at Pfeiffer I highly recomend it.

gsm x2

Civil_War_BuffIn Sacramento safe and sound.  Sure quicker to drive up I-5 without a popup.  However feels WAY LONGER without my traveling buddy...even if I did play Neil Diamond s Essential Collection REALLY LOUD for 200 miles.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffWent to a movie this evening (early) with my 9 year-old.  We saw " Holes" .  What a great story!  If you haven t seen this movie yet and you have an 8 - 13 year-old, I highly recommend it.

Plus, Fonzi s in it!  Aayyyyy (with a thumbs up sign)!
 " Sit on it Potsie!"

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffHave fun on your big day tomorrow Scott!

When you head back through the bay area turn your fm dial to either 99.7 (oldies), 98.1 (R & B), 107.7 (classic rock), or 104.5 (mild rock).  Guaranteed good sing-along tunes!
 Btw, if you are driving in that reception range at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, turn to 104.5 and you ll hear a classic bay area tradition dating back at least 15 years (that I know of).  They (KFOG) play a reggae tune called " I smoked 2 joints"  to get your w/e going.  Not that I would know about such things of course.
 Of course if you re anywhere near downtown San Francisco at 5:00 on Friday, then you ll feel just like you are at home on the Los Angeles freeway s as you are churning out exhaust and going nowhere.  That s because Ray and his cycling cronies bombard S.F. streets at 5:00 on the last Friday of the month in a mass hysteria move known as " Critical Mass" .

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffHey all -
 Y-Guy and TeacherMom need our help.
 We need to explain to the nice people in Washington and Oregon (even though they hate Californian s for moving up there, ha) what terrific people have moved into their area and they should join them for a camping trip.
 Poor Steve has been putting out " feeler s"  with no luck.  I hear crickets chirping and he s standing on the stage all alone with the heat of the spotlight bearing down on him.
 http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=28781&p=1&tmode=1

RTurner

Civil_War_BuffHey Neff/Jeff,
 As I sit here with my Y & T jersey on, I can t help but think that you missed one VERY important radio station recommendation. KSJO 92.3 in the Bay Area, 92.1 in Contra Costa (and Solano, yeah!!), or 92 (something) in Monterey.  Such a peaceful way to pass the time away in traffic.

[:D][:)][:D][;)]

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Of course if you re anywhere near downtown San Francisco at 5:00 on Friday, then you ll feel just like you are at home on the Los Angeles freeway s as you are churning out exhaust and going nowhere.  That s because Ray and his cycling cronies bombard S.F. streets at 5:00 on the last Friday of the month in a mass hysteria move known as " Critical Mass" .

Hey, I resemble that remark.
 http://www1.scorcher.org:8080/cmhistory/ridedaly.html

Organize a Critical Mass in your area
 http://www1.scorcher.org:8080/cmhistory/howto.html

Bike for life!

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffRTurner -
 Oh yeah, I m right there with ya!  I wish KZAP in Sacto. from the early 80 s was still around too!
 Scott is more of a Neil Diamond fan though, so I figured he would fit me for cement shoes and throw me in a CA waterway somewhere if I had him put Metallica on his radio, lol.

Btw, are your trailer repairs all done?

Surfcal

Civil_War_BuffOh yeah,

Those radio stations are also great to listen to while you folks are stuck in your cars during Critical Mass.

Surfcal