News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffThanks for the links Ray!
 I had a friend who was bumped (on purpose) by an outraged driver 2 years ago.  No thanks.  I ll stick to mountain bike riding.

Remember to bring your bike btw, as my DS wants to ride with you in Fort Bragg.

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteOh yeah,

Those radio stations are also great to listen to while you folks are stuck in your cars during Critical Mass.

Surfcal

While mellowing out with 2 joints.

RTurner

Red neff BarchettaGuess we better not lead Scott into the dark world of real music.  But I will leave it to you to explain the WOW from KSJO and now the TATA Tuesdays over on 107.7.[:o]

Trailer is half way done- floor was done (stiffer plywood and new lino) and they replaced the WRONG canvas bunkend, the new one is there for install when the countertop comes in.  It has been so long for the counter, I would rather just forget that repair and just get the water purifier replaced and be done with it.

We went up to Olema a few weeks ago, everything worked great and I am heading out to the local County Lake(?)/Campground to spend some days with my parents.  My little Hybrid next to their monster 5th wheel-someday the Terry will grow up to be a big Prowler with slides and popouts!!!!!

Speaking of floors, if I have followed the posts right, you do flooring???  If so, let me know as we will be embarking on some remodeling soon, not sure how far your territory is.

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffI believe you live near my favorite candy store (Camping World) near Fairfield/Vacaville right?
 That is too far for us to do some work, but you should definitely get the flooring through me at my cost.  You then just need to hire someone to install and sand it.
 Here s my humble little site;
 http://www.bhfi.net

SactoCampers

Red neff BarchettaJeff,

Your work on your website looks really good. One might actually mistake you for a professional! [;)][8D]. Seriously, it looks good and I wish I d known you when we had our flooring done.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteThey (KFOG) play a reggae tune called " I smoked 2 joints"  to get your w/e going.

So funny that you mentioned that.  I rented a car to make this trip. When I went to put in my Neil Diamond CD, I discovered that some previous driver had left a " self-burned CD"  in there.  I decided to listen to it.  Very bad quality with lots of scratches on the CD and a lot of raggae music that all had the same notes at the start of every song.  I believe one of the songs in the CD was " Smoked Two Joints"  if it has the words, " then I smoked two joints"  sung a lot.

BTW--my desire was to roll down the passenger side window and see what a CD looks like sailing out of a car at 75 MPH. But being a cyclist and naturalist, I instead I flicked the CD into the back seat.

Oh, and BTW---although the company will pay for the gas, I sure liked going 386 miles on 12.6 gallons of gas.

gsm x2

SactoCampers

gsm x2Scott,

Did you ever find out when your awards ceremony is? I would like to come over and see it, but I have an all staff meeting from 9:30 to 11:00 that I must attend. But if it s around lunchtime I can cruise over to the Hilton for a short bit.

Surfcal

Civil_War_BuffHey Neff mon:

I saw this line from your site:

" As guests we treat your home like it is ours..."

If I had a flooring business, I personally couldn t have a statement like that on my site, because if I treated your home like mine, it d have bike tracks on the floor and we certainly wouldn t be working on the floor because we d be smoking two joints.

And oh, I am going to crank up your stereo to play reggae.  Plus, I am going to have the munchies, so I guess I ll help myself to the refrigerator.  And then, I am going to take a nap in the master bedroom.

Ya mon, I like that, treat your home like it is ours.  Peace mon.

Surfcal

NickWe were not the oneones in the H2 pulling the 60 something Colemen.  We were on the high road 2 sites over.  Our truck, Big Red Crew cab Chevy was parked parallel so the PU didn t stand out.  If you saw, more like heard, 2 little girls on bikes causing general havoc...those would be ours.  We did pull out on Saturday, a little after noon.

Campinggeek
 99 Utah behind 1500 HD

Hybrid Holly

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteAn Officer and a Gentleman:

Richard Gere might have starred in the blockbuster movie An Officer and A Gentleman, but to know someone in real life with those qualities is an extraordinary thing. Richard Gere, I know Scott Miller and Scott Miller is a friend of mine. You re no Scott Miller.

Congratulations are in order to Gregory Scott Miller, thus GSM (X2 comes from Georgeanne S. Miller). Tomorrow, Mr. Smith goes to Washington, or Miller goes to Sacramento to recieve a prestigious award. Earlier this year, he was named as the Officer of the Year by the California Department of Boating and Waterways for the State of California.

In Sacramento Thursday, May 29th. there is an awards ceremony at the state capital and I wanted to let the NNC and SCC membership to know and wish a warm congratulations and bring recognition to one of our own.

We re not worthy.

I just got back from a visit to this event.  Scott was impressive in " dress-up"  clothes.  I didn t see the award ceremony, but more important, I got to see Scott!
 Way to go Scott!  

Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

We were not the oneones in the H2 pulling the 60 something Colemen.  We were on the high road 2 sites over.  Our truck, Big Red Crew cab Chevy was parked parallel so the PU didn t stand out.  If you saw, more like heard, 2 little girls on bikes causing general havoc...those would be ours.  We did pull out on Saturday, a little after noon.

Campinggeek
 99 Utah behind 1500 HD

I think I remember your site.  Actually the 60 somthing Coleman is a 1999 Coleman and the H2 is my brothers.  So your site was pretty much right across the street from the bathroom and showers.

Surfcal

Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

We were not the oneones in the H2 pulling the 60 something Colemen.  We were on the high road 2 sites over.  Our truck, Big Red Crew cab Chevy was parked parallel so the PU didn t stand out.  If you saw, more like heard, 2 little girls on bikes causing general havoc...those would be ours.  We did pull out on Saturday, a little after noon.

Campinggeek
 99 Utah behind 1500 HD

I think I remember your site.  Actually the 60 somthing Coleman is a 1999 Coleman and the H2 is my brothers.  So your site was pretty much right across the street from the bathroom and showers.

I think it was just past the bend, right next to some tenters and at the foot of some redwood trees.  There was a picnic table and a firepit.  So, was that you?

Surfcal

SurfcalThat was me.  I didn t realize Coleman had a 2 piece roof since the advent of their ABS which I thought was early - mid 90 s.
 Yea there were tenters on either side of us.

How long did it take you to get down to Santa Neuvo or where ever it is that the elephant seals were at?

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

Surfcal

NickJon:

It was a nice long drive and where the elephant seals are is almost down by Hearst Castle.  It takes about 2.5 hours to get down there at a steady clip.

Did you ever make it to a neat place called Nepethe, just south of Pfieffer?

Nick

Nick

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

Jon:

It was a nice long drive and where the elephant seals are is almost down by Hearst Castle.  It takes about 2.5 hours to get down there at a steady clip.

Did you ever make it to a neat place called Nepethe, just south of Pfieffer?

Nick

Hey, we got a wise guy here.  

Jon,
 It took us an hour and a half to get to the seals.  Then we went on to Hearst Castle but they were booked for the day.

Nepethe is a cool place.  We went there for drinks Sunday night.  I had a killer Manhattan and a rusty nail.  Very good bartender that day.