News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

NickThat place IS killer.  The bartender, Martini, uh or was that what we were drinking?  Anyway, cool views, cool drinks and a hot date.  That d be the perfect Nepenthe recipe.

Surfcal

SurfcalWe actually did stop on the way back from Pfeifer Falls. No adult beverages though.  My kids were really disappointed that they couldn t actually stand under the falls and were eager to get to a beach.

Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

We actually did stop on the way back from Pfeifer Falls. No adult beverages though.  My kids were really disappointed that they couldn t actually stand under the falls and were eager to get to a beach.

Where is Pfeifer Falls?

NickIt s Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and it s actually called McWay Falls. The river there drops straight into the ocean.

For a map. http://www.bigsurcalifornia.org/map.html
 Scan down this page about 1/2 way for a picture http://www.bigsurcalifornia.org/beaches.html

SactoCampers

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

QuoteCongratulations Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give us more details. Are you being flown up to Sacto.? Who is presenting the award? Give us more! Give us more!
 Way to go!

Jeff,

Since you asked, this award came from the California Department of Boating and Waterways.  Their commission is meeting in Sacramento on Thursday.  Here are the details.

BOATING AND WATERWAYS COMMISSION MEETING
 Hilton Sacramento Arden West
 2000 Harvard Street
 Sacramento, California
 May 29, 2003

Somewhere around here or work I have the agenda---it didn t make the on-line agenda.  http://dbw.ca.gov/bwcmMay.htm  But somewhere after the closed session, the Director, Ray Tsuneyoshi will give me the award.  Ray s a really nice man and a great Department Head who is more than just a figurehead type guy.  Like when he comes down to attend the California Boating Safety Officers Association meetings, he stays all three days....unheard of in the " drop in for a half hour"  type political schedules.

It s kind of a lifetime achievement award for a lot of years of work as a Board Member at [link]http://www.cbsoa.org[/link] (some SCC members may recognize the WebSite Style) and long-time editor of the newsletter.  Also got to teach the Basic Boating Safety Enforcement Course for about nine years and helped the Ventura Harbor Patrol teach about eleven years of " Rescue Boat Handling" , a course that is one of the HIGHEST RATED P.O.S.T. classes ever.  I was just fortunate to be in the right place at the right time with a Department that supported me....but all modesty aside....I really did work hard for a lot of years so appreciate the recognition.

SurfCal--see what you started!!!!  Thanks,

Scott

Since the schedule indicated it was continuing into the afternoon, I just darted over to the Hilton to try and catch Scott around lunchtime. But according to one of the few that were still in the Zinfandel Room (I think it might have been Ray Tsuneyoshi, but not entirely sure), Scott had already left [:(]. Anyway, congrats again and sorry I missed you! I was kinda hoping for a big hug [8D].

Red neff Barchetta

NickHolly -
 Scott looked good in his " dress-up clothes" ?
 So Scott wore his NNC sweatshirt and thong then?

Ray - Good rabble rousing between Jon & Mike!  Grab yourself an extra beer for that one.
 Btw, I know a contractor who had an employee that stayed in a customer of his  home while the customer was away.  Needless to say the employee was fired as soon as the contractor figured it out.  That is precisely why I am home when I have work done at my own house, lol!

Brian - Thanks for the comments on the site (I think, ha).  I ll take credit for the text, but the site was created by the wife of one of my employee s.
 I was actually about to commission our very own Nick, but she had a JC computer class project and asked if she could create the site.  Overall, I m very happy with the results and she got an A in the class (along with some side money).

SactoCampers

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteBrian - Thanks for the comments on the site (I think, ha).  I ll take credit for the text, but the site was created by the wife of one of my employee s.
 I was actually about to commission our very own Nick, but she had a JC computer class project and asked if she could create the site.  Overall, I m very happy with the results and she got an A in the class (along with some side money).

Actually, I was referring to the flooring in the pictures, not the website itself. The website looks good too, though it s no NNC website [;)][;)][8D]. Just kidding! What you need on the site are customer testimonials with pictures of them and their new floors. That s always a good thing to have on your website.

Red neff BarchettaI just updated the review of Pfeiffer on my home page.  Forgot to add the travel time to Hearst though.

Here s the link.
 http://www.geocities.com/campinggeek@sbcglobal.net

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon
 99 Utah behing 1500HD

Red neff Barchetta

NickJon -
 I like your site.  Nice work!
 Great cg reviews too.
 You gotta get going on those mod s though, ha.

We were at the aquarium last Saturday (arrived around 2:00) with Otter/Dianne & Lon.  Sounds like you were on your way home then though.

Btw, we sure were glad that all of us are members of the aquarium.  The line for non-members was insane!  I ve never seen it as long as it was on Saturday and Monday when we went this time.  They really treat you well if you re a member with the side entrance and store discounts.

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

I just updated the review of Pfeiffer on my home page.  Forgot to add the travel time to Hearst though.

Here s the link.
 http://www.geocities.com/campinggeek@sbcglobal.net

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon
 99 Utah behing 1500HD

Jon:

Upon review of your site, I must say that I am impressed by your camping resume.  However, pursuant to the bylaws of the Organization of Nick-Neff-Cough, your experience lacks exposure to the following terrain:

- Desert
 - Tropical
 - Great Plains
 - Monuments
 - The Tundra

I realize that you have extensively camped either along the coast and in the mountains, but this only displays your skill in a very narrow field.  Therefore, I must recommend to the commission that your eligibility to NNC be placed under a probationary period and that your full membership be subject to further review in a year pending your completion of the above requirements.

Surfcal

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteI just got back from a visit to this event. Scott was impressive in " dress-up"  clothes. I didn t see the award ceremony, but more important, I got to see Scott!
 Way to go Scott!

Holly--thanks so much for stopping by.  I should have had someone take our picture because so people can see that we own more than shorts and jeans.  Besides very very few people actually see me in dress up clothes.  I found an extra tie in my jacket pocket.  Must have been from our neice s wedding in Michigan in November.

Sacto--thanks for stopping by.  Sorry I missed you, but the room was very crowded so after the award got out of the building ASAP.

gsm x2

SurfcalThanks for the kind comments on the site.
 Depending how far I m allowed to go back.  Let s check off the desert.  Lovelock Nevada with scouts and explorer post. And does camping along the side of the river running through Needles count?
 Tropical let s see .... closest to camping is the Coconut Grove Resort on Kuai and long strolls on the beach with DW on Maui.  But no PU.  They don t fit in the overhead[;)].
 Besides coming from a camping/backpacking family, I traveled the country doing installations and training for my company.  For about 7 years, I was on the road for 7-8 months a year.  I have yet to be in Wisconson, Michigan, South Carolina, North and South Dakota, Nebraska and Alaska.  Otherwise I have hit the rest of the states, British Columbia, Ontario and New Brunswick, Canada and Tokyo, Japan.  Obviously all this was pre-marriage & pre-kids except Japan.

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon
 99 Utah behind 1500HD

Surfcal

NickSerial Thread Killer:

First of all, I want everyone to know that Nick is one of my best buddies at NNC, because we ve drank and f*rted together, but I have to report another Thread Killing situation by Nick.

http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=18108&p=1&tmode=1

In the link above, various NNC members have been trying to keep our presence prominent in the General Forum.  We had a pretty nice pace going, even hijacked our own NNC thread and then Nick entered and then, boom...dead in the water.

Now, why do you people do this to Nick?  He s a pretty nice guy, always willing to help like a Boy Scout and then he gets shunned?  Nick, you know I d help you out buddy, but I got three other threads I m monitoring.  Maybe someone will come along and help.

Sufcal

Nick

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

Serial Thread Killer:

First of all, I want everyone to know that Nick is one of my best buddies at NNC, because we ve drank and f*rted together, but I have to report another Thread Killing situation by Nick.

http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=18108&p=1&tmode=1

In the link above, various NNC members have been trying to keep our presence prominent in the General Forum.  We had a pretty nice pace going, even hijacked our own NNC thread and then Nick entered and then, boom...dead in the water.

Now, why do you people do this to Nick?  He s a pretty nice guy, always willing to help like a Boy Scout and then he gets shunned?  Nick, you know I d help you out buddy, but I got three other threads I m monitoring.  Maybe someone will come along and help.

Sufcal

I see a thread at the bottom of the page here that has not had a post in almost a month.  I wonder who was the last to post?  Could it be Cottonwooder????  In fact she has killed two threads:  " Renaiming Threads"  and " NNC Fireside Chat" .

otter

Nicki seem to have killed the Ha Ha s thread  AND  It sa Male thing!  all on the same day.  I think Id better check my " horror-scope" .

Why do Nice People kill threads?[8D][8D]

It s ok Nick, Don t let the turkeys get you down.  [&:]

I do miss Cottonwooder.........[:(][:(]