News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ca-girlHow was yellowjacket?  With the construction, I have read it is first come, first serve.
 A friend of mine and I took his full size Bronco and my Bronco II in once, if it is the place I am thinking of.   It looks like the water was really flowing.  It is a georgeous spot.

6Quigs

Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

To surfcal AND 6quigs....

PHHHHHHHHHTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

and you both know why!

Right back at ya Buff!!!!
 both of our other computers and our printers are HP s, so it was time for a change.

The Dell arrived today, and it s pretty cool Dude!!

So I ve spent the past few hours playing with it,
 loading software, familarizing myself with Windows XP...
 The only sad thing is, it for Margaret to use,
 I m stuck with the old 400 MHz HP [:(]

Ca-girlOK so I replied before I read on.  Ask the same question twice. Silly me.
 G-whiz try this link http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=10&n=4308023&e=731652&s=50&size=m  Bassi Falls is smack dab in the middle of the map, in the top left of section 17.

6Quigs

g-whiz

QuoteORIGINAL:  g-whiz

Tania, those are great photos.  I love that rushing water fall.  

What s with all the waterfalls ?
 that s two photos of waterfalls in the past few days!
 Somebody missing all the rain?

6QuigsIt s spring in CA and come 2-3 months these falls may be trickles. Although Bassi Falls runs pretty well all summer.  

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

Kelly

Civil_War_Buff[font=" comic sans ms" ](Kelly settles into her camp chair)

Thanks for the adult beverage, Dave.   Delicious ... local brew?

Thanks, Sacto for the invite to join your campfire.  Is it always so warm here?  A little cooler where I m from! [:D]

(shyly looks around the group)

Lots of unfamiliar faces here ~ hope you all don t mind if I just listen in for a bit.   You seem like a fun group to get to know....and you build great campfires too! [/font]

SactoCampers

Kelly
QuoteORIGINAL:  Kelly

[font=" comic sans ms" ](Kelly settles into her camp chair)

Thanks for the adult beverage, Dave.   Delicious ... local brew?

Thanks, Sacto for the invite to join your campfire.  Is it always so warm here?  A little cooler where I m from! [:D]

(shyly looks around the group)

Lots of unfamiliar faces here ~ hope you all don t mind if I just listen in for a bit.   You seem like a fun group to get to know....and you build great campfires too! [/font]

Folks, Kelly mustered up a lot of courage to pull up to our crazy campfire, so give her a big Nick-Neff-Cough welcome! Dave deservedly anointed her an honorary member so we re pretty lucky to have her. We have a few honorary members, we just haven t documented them so we don t know who they all are. They need to remind us every now and then.

Kelly s a fellow Palomino owner and we ve been talking back and forth by e-mail regarding grills and stoves for our popups, so we have a " connection."  BTW, I m hoping to get the Coleman Grill/Stove for Father s day. I showed it to Mrs. Sacto at Camping World last weekend.

SactoCampersKelly,
 Welcome from a not yet an official member of NCC.  There are some really nice folks here and hold onto your belly, fasten your seatbelt (Ask Red about a mod for computer desk chairs, he probably has one[;)]) and keep the tissues handy when they get going....otherwise you end up on the floor unable to see from laughing so much.
 I was up in Roseville MN about 9 years back.  Beautiful place and incredible people.  It was January and the high temp on my 7 day visit was 22 degrees.  

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon
 99 Utah behind 03 1500HD

SactoCampers

GuestSo Campinggeek, since going to a rally is the best way to become " official" , and considering you re from Shingle Springs, why aren t you signed up for the Gold Rush Rally? [;)][;)].

SactoCampersMy SIL is getting her degree that WE.  Those family obligation things[: (].  She is the first in her family to do so[:D].  That makes it a really big thing.  The idea of spending another weekend at Edwards AFB is not something I look forward to.
 She just sewed on her Chief Master rank which was cool ceremony back in January.  But being in the high desert in June, 95+ degrees with the ever-present wind, is not my idea of a good time.

We are looking at time off for the Lucky at the Lake rally.

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon
 99 Utah behind 03 1500HD

6Quigs

KellyKelly,
 welcome to our campfire.
 nice to have someone else with as many munchkins as we do!
 If you thing we are a fun bunch on the boards,
 then you need to come jin us for a rally, where the real fun happens.

Thanks for dropping by,

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

My SIL is getting her degree that WE.  Those family obligation things[: (].  She is the first in her family to do so[:D].  That makes it a really big thing.

Yeah, I guess that is kind of a big thing. Well, hopefully we ll see you at the Lake Tahoe Rally. There s also the Yosemite Rally.

Kelly

6Quigs
QuoteORIGINAL: guest

I was up in Roseville MN about 9 years back. Beautiful place and incredible people. It was January and the high temp on my 7 day visit was 22 degrees.

[font=" comic sans ms" ]aaaaaaaah ~ a heat wave.  You were lucky! [;)]  Small world ~ Roseville is a beautiful place and it s where I hang my hat when I m at that income producing job ~ the one where no one calls me MOM! [:D][/font]

QuoteORIGINAL: 6Quigs

Kelly,
 welcome to our campfire.
 nice to have someone else with as many munchkins as we do!
 If you thing we are a fun bunch on the boards,
 then you need to come jin us for a rally, where the real fun happens.

Thanks for dropping by,

[font=" comic sans ms" ]Thanks for the welcome. [:)] That would be an awfully long haul for us ~ but not totally out of the question!  Someday we ll get to Sacramento ~ dh collects photos of capital buildings and we don t have CA yet.  Road Trip 2003 will take us as close as Moab UT ...
 Four kids is a kick, don t you think?!  Never a dull moment anyway!! LOL [8D][8D][8D][8D] [/font]

Nick

Civil_War_BuffSpeaking of brew.  I just picked up the supplies to make a Light (as in color) Ale.  Heavy on the hops and alcohol.  Should be nice on a hot day.  Should be ready to go for the rally in a few weeks.

By the way, I talked to the beer guy about my last batch and the effect it had on some of us.  He said it is quite common for unaged beer and is due to the B2 vitamin that is in the spent yeast suspended in the beer.  Got to try some of his homemade brandy too[:)]  Good stuff.

g-whiz

SactoCampers
QuoteBTW, I m hoping to get the Coleman Grill/Stove for Father s day. I showed it to Mrs. Sacto at Camping World last weekend.

Brian, I think I read on the Costco site, while searching for something else, I read that Costco is the only place to get the grill WITH the carry case.  Could that be true???  I would swear on a 6-pack of Pale Ale that I did read that!