RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SactoCampers

otter

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

Quoteportable mister ($8.00 at Home Depot,

hmmm I wonder??? I didn t know they sold them at HD

Dianne, I think they just started stocking them for the summer months.

I tested mine out yesterday and it works good. Sacto and Sactotoddler went to HD on Friday and I let her pick out the color.

It s a floor standing unit. Just connect up the garden hose to it. Buy yourself a Y-hose coupler and bring an extra hose and you re all set.

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteThere s a new park-n-ride on the north side of I-80 at the Mace Blvd exit. That would be a good place to meet. But you gotta be on time. If I wanted to be late, I would bring Mrs. Sacto with me.

Sounds good.

Except I ll have Mrs. Barchetta with me so we ll have to see, lol!  Of course, she ll have every Starbucks scouted out from here to there which could complicate matters.
 I think I ll call you from the road.  Looking at the contact list, I ve got your cell and home # s.
 Whew, sure hope Mrs. Sacto. and Mrs. Barchetta don t read this!

Surfcal

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

Quoteportable mister ($8.00 at Home Depot,

hmmm I wonder??? I didn t know they sold them at HD

Dianne, I think they just started stocking them for the summer months.

I tested mine out yesterday and it works good. Sacto and Sactotoddler went to HD on Friday and I let her pick out the color.

It s a floor standing unit. Just connect up the garden hose to it. Buy yourself a Y-hose coupler and bring an extra hose and you re all set.

Hey Otter:

I know you re a minimalist, but let s go out there and buy, buy, buy and help the economy.  Anyone can use a mister.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampersDianne s already got Lon for a mister.

(rim shot)

Hi Dianne!!!  Glad you ve decided to stay until Monday unlike certain wagonmaster s.
 Now I REALLY have to get back to work!

Ab Diver

SactoCampersJeeze, guys, three pages in one day!  Coupla things:

Sacto (or anybody else who might be able to do so conveniently): Would you mind picking one of those mister thingys up for us-- *if* you happen to go into an HD before the rally? The nearest one to us is over an hour away. I ll pay you for it at the rally.

SurfCarDealer: How dare you get rid of the ultimate Nick-Neff-Coughmobile! Just think of all the extraneous, over-the-top, ultimately unnecessary stuff we could drag from rally to rally in that thing: The Grill, Nick s Keg, 300 lbs. of oysters, a bushel of kazoos, several raccoon traps, lots of firewood, a walk-in fridge for Nick s Keg and *other* refreshments, an abalone aqua-farm, a sound stage for Ray and his guitar, a dozen kayaks, a tri-tip marinating bin and a hydroponic corn field for neff s corn... the list goes on and on.  Please, think before you act!

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampersNo, no Dave.
 Ray needs the truck to pull his half a PU around.

We are wheeling and dealing over a UPS type truck he has.  Hey, maybe you can give me driving lessons in it?

Ab Diver

SactoCampers
QuoteNo, no Dave.
 .... We are wheeling and dealing over a UPS type truck he has.

*That s* what I was talking about .

(notice how he deftly sidles the coversation away from the Wonder(bread) truck to Ray s personal rig. Hey Ray, he wants that puppy bad!)

QuoteRay needs the truck to pull his half a PU around.

Actually, if he kept the Wondertruck, he could store his half-a-pop-up in it! [;)] Seeing as how he has a tendancy to show up to pop-up rallies without pulling a pop-up trailer, this could eliminate a lot of confusion.

QuoteHey, maybe you can give me driving lessons in it?

Go ahead, you can say it... you just wanna race the truck, don t you? [:D]

gsm x2

SactoCampersHello all from the SoCal contingent.

We had simultaneous mini-rallies.  Thanks for the toast AbDiver...you are very thoughtful.  In a week we will have a maxi-rally where at least half a dozen SCCampers (or least north NNC members will be.)

So I thought this would be an appropos time and place to mention that we are already planning the 2nd Annual Christmas at Cachuma Rally.  It s billed as the SCC and NNC Cchristmas at Ccacchuma Rally at this thread.  http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=31063&p=1&tmode=1

Officially it will be from December 26 - 29th at Lake Cachuma in Santa Barbara County.  Distance-wise it favors SCCampers a bit, but last year SammySlave, Otter, and Surfcal made the trip down to meet OCCampers (soon to be Sacramento-area based) and Cottonwooder in the first ever Joint Rally.

Also check out [link]http://www.sccampers.org[/link] and click on the future rallies icon for more information.

Never to early to plan a rally I say.  Hmm, June 6 to December 6 = ~184 days, plus 20.  Two Hundred and Four Days to go.  It will be here before we know it.

gsm x2

Surfcal

Ab Diver

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

SurfCarDealer: How dare you get rid of the ultimate Nick-Neff-Coughmobile! Just think of all the extraneous, over-the-top, ultimately unnecessary stuff we could drag from rally to rally in that thing: The Grill, Nick s Keg, 300 lbs. of oysters, a bushel of kazoos, several raccoon traps, lots of firewood, a walk-in fridge for Nick s Keg and *other* refreshments, an abalone aqua-farm, a sound stage for Ray and his guitar, a dozen kayaks, a tri-tip marinating bin and a hydroponic corn field for neff s corn... the list goes on and on.  Please, think before you act!

You re right Dave.  I actually don t want to get rid of the truck.  When I got laid off, I took all my severance pay, bought that truck on a wild gamble and actually built a company that centered on the services that truck provided.  Despite the fact that that truck was the underspinning of our company, it s one of the services we ve discontinued.  A hard way of making a living, grip & lighting is.

And sadly, now that the company is run by accountants and lawyers, they ve proceeded to weed out some of our overheads, and the truck is one of them.  But, it s the reason I hired them.

Sigh.

Surfcal

Surfcal

SactoCampersHey folks,

One of our fellows, the CWB, posted in the General Forum that the Civil War Reenactment event he was going to back East is being postponed and that definitely puts a kink into his vacation plans, let alone disappointing the heck out of him.  He s been looking forward to it for a long time.

Well Larry, we are collectively bummed for you.  Sometimes, those things happen and they re actually a blessing in disguise, so, I am sure that the NNCers here can help me come up with an ala David Letterman Top Ten reasons why?  So ladies and gentleman, let s put a smile on this man s face:

Number 10:

- When the " blues"  finally hits " Gray"  Davis in his personal Civil War to keep his job, you ll be in town to witness living history.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampers#9;
 Another Davis being defeated!

Btw, Has anyone other than Larry ever noticed how many relatives of Jefferson Davis were appointed high ranks in the confederate army?  They needed people so badly that I swear that guy would appoint a nephew the instant he was born!
 " Those pesky rebels!"

SactoCampers

Ab Diver
QuoteSacto (or anybody else who might be able to do so conveniently): Would you mind picking one of those mister thingys up for us-- *if* you happen to go into an HD before the rally? The nearest one to us is over an hour away. I ll pay you for it at the rally.

Dave,

I should be going into Woodland on Friday to see if a metal worker can cut, melt, and bend the tip of my new bunk end support pole. Apparently they changed the pole design and only prefabricate the tip of one end now and that s what they sent me [:@].

So anyway, Woodland has the Home Depot and I ll stop by. Hopefully they ll have some left because they only had three when I arrived, two after I left [;)].

Red neff Barchetta

SactoCampersI wonder if General Coughing was a relative?

champ521

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteCan t wait to join you in a late night beer Dave! With DW helping with the kids, I can get involved more deeply.

Neff- sounds great but I m beginning to think she (DW) doesn t exist. I ve been to two rallies with you and have yet to meet her.

Surfcal

SactoCampersHey Champ:

Next time, I ll bring an inflatable person that can sit with us at the campfire since Neff never joins us.

Surfcal