News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SactoCampers

CottonwooderI say we take a poll to figure out just exactly HOW TOS was pronouncing Nick-Neff-Cough. Was he saying:

Nick-Ne-Cough?

Nick-Na-Cough?

Nick-Ni-Cough?

Nick-No-Cough?

or

Nick-Nuh-Cough?

gsm x2

Hybrid Holly
QuoteIt was nice to see how he dodged the camping point.

Ooops, sorry...I think you have us confused with Orange County, which is dismally short of nice camping areas.  I didn t respond to the camping situation because we are incredibly blessed a variety of camping areas if I was to draw a 20-mile arc (can t do a circle because there is no popup camping to the southwest of Ventura) from the intersection of 101 and 33.

Off the top of my head:

Heading north

Ventura RV Park, Emma Wood State Beach, Ventura County Park along the roadway, Faria County Park, that little campground off the road, Carpenteria State Beach (all of these campgrounds are on the ocean)

Heading east

Lake Casitas, Wheeler Canyon, Dennison Park, Pine Mountain, Mountain View RV in Santa Paula (I think that s the name--my SBP friend can help me here)

Heading south: La Jolla and Sycamore Canyon State Parks

Just because you haven t heard of a campground, doesn t mean it doesn t exist.  I could TOS in another baker s dozen if we made that arc " one hour drive"  from here.

QuoteOkay, I admit it, I got nothing on Ventura. Especially considering the volumes of stuff that can be written about Sac.

Wise move to avoid a City by City fight.  I don t think anyone else saw that which I deleted after hearing the " too nice"  G-Whiz groan at the four sample points I made.  I decided that although I could get an early TKO from SurfRef, he would more than likely DQ me for the four quick blows below the belt and eyeing the SactoEar for an early morning snack.

QuoteBut Sacramento can t be all that bad if TOS is willing to drive 300 miles to camp in my armpit.

Sacto---I would drive 300+ miles to camp with any combination of 4 NNC members and 400 miles if Larry and Rita are involved.  BTW--are you coming down to the Cchrismast at Ccacchuma Rally in December?  I really hope you will.  You may have noticed that we brought a 3 and 6 year old to Gold Rush, so the BabySacto card isn t TRUMP like it used to be.

gsm x2

SactoCampers

gsm x2
QuoteHeading east

Lake Casitas, Wheeler Canyon, Dennison Park, Pine Mountain, Mountain View RV in Santa Paula (I think that s the name--my SBP friend can help me here)

Heading south: La Jolla and Sycamore Canyon State Parks

Just because you haven t heard of a campground, doesn t mean it doesn t exist. I could TOS in another baker s dozen if we made that arc " one hour drive"  from here.

They re such great places that all you go to is the four I mentioned.

QuoteWise move to avoid a City by City fight.

You re right I shouldn t talk about your polluted beaches.

QuoteBTW--are you coming down to the Cchrismast at Ccacchuma Rally in December? I really hope you will. You may have noticed that we brought a 3 and 6 year old to Gold Rush, so the BabySacto card isn t TRUMP like it used to be.

3 and 6 ain t the same as 2. It works for as long as Sactotoddler will only drive 2 hours. Can t make it to CCachuma for a hug anyway, prior X-mas commitments that week. Besides, wouldn t want to raise your hopes and then have to pull out. Isn t there a phrase for something like that? Oh, yeah, pulling a Surfcal [;)][8D].

6Quigs

Hybrid HollyPop, Pop,
 Her ya go Kelly, here s another cold one,
 and could you pass the dip, this one is a bit too spicy for me[;)]

Nick

Hybrid HollyHere ya go Kevin, I brought my keg.

Cottonwooder

NickNick, I hope all thought of removing any of NNC s history has been totally erased by now.  Let Otter and I know if there are any traces that need to be shot down, and we ll gladly get rid of them.

Oh, and FLIP!

OC Campers

CottonwooderOK, you through Orange County out there TOS so I guess I will have to defend its virtue.  Yes, we have few campgrounds, yes our beaches are polluted, yes we have too much traffic (oh boy, this isn t looking good is it? Why do we live here again?  Oh yeah, a job.  [&:][&:]  BUT it is only 80 degrees here today and not 100. [:D]

The few CG s we have are beautiful though. San Clement SB, San Onofre/San Mateo SP, Vail Lake and Newport Dunes to name the few.   Unfortunately, if you don t have reservations by January or February you might as well camp in your driveway[&:][:(].

I have to admit though if this move gets pulled off, I will look forward to the numerous camping and fishing possibilities the North has to offer.  

Jacqu

Kelly

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

Hey Kelly..nice to see ya.....water is a touchy subject out West.  You may be the land of 1000 lakes but CA has 1000 dry lake beds.

Need a cold one?

[font=" comic sans ms" ]Thanks, but I just opened one ... it s cocktail hour here! [:)]
 Not to be too picky, but that s 10,000 lakes! [;)]
 I ve heard about your water troubles ~ heading to UT (yes, I know it s not the same state [&:]) soon and have found CGs with adequate water supplies to be a rarity.  Much different than here ...[/font]

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderHi Kelly!  Nice to see you here.

If Brian and Scott are done with their hissy fit I d need to ask Scott a question;

One of the cheap stock water lines (hot) to the outside shower broke last w/e and I m going to replace it tomorrow along with the other cold line and the 2 to the sink.  What did you use when you replaced your sink water lines?  I m thinking about the nylon(?) water lines used for home sinks and dishwashers.  I know you re mod. works perfectly (which is what I want) so was wondering what you used.  Thanks Scott!

Boy, it seems like everyone around here is busy with stuff.  I get to catch my breath for 3 days and then dive back in.
 Btw, a tasting room at a winery in Healdsburg we just completed might make it into AAA s magazine called " Via"  (I think).  I ll keep you posted.  Funny thing is that we throw that magazine away the day it arrives (we have AAA for the TV & PU insurance) without even opening it, lol!

Nick

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Nick, I hope all thought of removing any of NNC s history has been totally erased by now.  Let Otter and I know if there are any traces that need to be shot down, and we ll gladly get rid of them.

Oh, and FLIP!

Hey Patricia,
 Go back and read the original post.  I did not say anything about deleting or removing this thread.  I said start a new one.  Anyway, lts was an idea someone approched me on so I presented it.  The majority want this one to stick, so be it.

The Memory Maker

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta
  I d need to ask Scott a question;

Which one of the Scotts?

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta
  Thanks Scott!

You re welcome!(if appliclable)

SactoCampers

NickNick,

How are the navigation buttons coming along? I guess all the anticipation is getting to me.

BTW, good to see you hanging around our playground Aunt Kelly....and doin  a little rabble rousing too! [:D]

Kelly
Quote~ heading to UT

Kelly, Reserve American newletter is featuring some of the UT state parks, http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/homepage.jsp?goto=/newsletter/newsletter.html , you may want to check them if you find dry camping.  Also if you need som inspiritation check out this guys pics....Beautiful!
 Willie Holman Gallery http://www.willieholdman.com/photographs/view.asp?page=1&cat=99

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

Kelly

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

Quote~ heading to UT

Kelly, Reserve American newletter is featuring some of the UT state parks, http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/homepage.jsp?goto=/newsletter/newsletter.html , you may want to check them if you find dry camping.  Also if you need som inspiritation check out this guys pics....Beautiful!
 Willie Holman Gallery http://www.willieholdman.com/photographs/view.asp?page=1&cat=99

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

[font=" comic sans ms" ]Awesum pics, Jon.  Thanks for the link!!  There are quite a few from that area at [/font][link=http://bellsouthpwp.net/o/u/outdoorphoto/gallery.html][font=" comic sans ms" ] this site too [/font][/link][font=" comic sans ms" ] ~ a lot taken by PUT s own SkipP.
 We already have reservations at a parking lot, er campground in Moab.  Figured we d be at Arches and Canyonlands all day every day we re there ~ didn t much care about the site!

btw ~ I always wondered where Big Rock Candy Mountain was!!  Now I know. [:D][/font]

gsm x2

SactoCampers
Quotequote:

Wise move to avoid a City by City fight.

You re right I shouldn t talk about your polluted beaches.

Actually you were correct the second time.  You shouldn t talk about places you don t know anything about.  Our beaches pass their weekly testing consistently except for the two days after it rains.  The runoff from the agricultural fields causes elevated bacteria counts until the salt water cleanses itself.  I would swim at my beaches over your Delta waters any time.

Quote3 and 6 ain t the same as 2. It works for as long as Sactotoddler will only drive 2 hours.

Guess we know who wears the pants in the family, even if they are diapers.[:D]

gsm x2