griffsmom

ckkevin

QuoteORIGINAL:  ckkevin

Quote*~Lori~*
 02 Sun Valley hitched to an 03 Expy
 camping album 1 & camping album 2
 Member: www.sccampers.org and www.nick-neff-cough

Griffsmom,

I thought you might want to know you need to add .org to the end of www.nick-neff-cough in your signature .[8D]

I am sure it was a mere typo and not an attempt to drive more people to the sccampers.org site.

Uh oh...you re on to me! [;)]

Actually, I was over the max 255 characters allowed on my signature so the program automatically deleted the last four characters: " .org"   It should be all fixed now.  Thanks for letting me know.  I would never intentiaonally slight my beloved brethren to the North!  [:D]

griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

To Griffsmom,

I saw your poll but again that membership thing prevents me from replying there.  If you are set on either the Yukon or Expidition, I suggest the Yukon.  My neighbor has one with 150,000 miles at this point and still going strong.  He pulls a BIG boat.  
 My SIL has the Denali and loves it.  They pull jet skis.
 I went with the 1500HD for a couple reasons.  Still get the inside of the Yukon but with a lot bigger trunk.  With a tonneau you can get a little better gas mileage and the 10,200 tow capacity will haul the Utah.

Campinggeek
 AKA jon

Thanks for the input, Jon, but as you can see from my signature line and 6Quigs  post, it s too late.  We ve already gone and done it!  Actually, we got a great deal and a lot more cool doodads (leather seats, side canopy air bags and a DVD player just to name a few) for a lot less than we could have with the Tahoe.  We just couldn t pass it up. [:)]

QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

*~Lori~*

Congratulations on the new Expedition *~Lori~*.
 Have you tried towing with it yet?

Thanks, Kevin!  Nope, haven t towed with it yet. [:(] We have to still get the brake controller installed and we aren t supposed to tow with it until the engine has at least 500 miles on it (that s 804.7 kms in Euro [;)]).  But, herein lies the problem:  my DH doesn t want to drive it and put a lot of mileage on it, so who knows when we ll finally get the requisite 500 miles![&:][:@][: (].  He s killing me...[>:]

birol

birolI feel greek here .....[&:]

RTurner

6Quigs

Quote*~Lori~*

That s two new tow vehicles I found out about today.[8D]
 Anybody care to dash out to a dealer and make it three[&:][;)]

Ok, since you asked-
 Our Venture Van was DOA on a trip back from Redding a few weeks ago.  We picked up a new 03 GMC Envoy last Monday.  Now we have two tow vehicles.

birol

RTurner

QuoteORIGINAL:  RTurner

Quote*~Lori~*

That s two new tow vehicles I found out about today.[8D]
 Anybody care to dash out to a dealer and make it three[&:][;)]

Ok, since you asked-
 Our Venture Van was DOA on a trip back from Redding a few weeks ago.  We picked up a new 03 GMC Envoy last Monday.  Now we have two tow vehicles.

Envoy XL or Envoy ?

ckkevin

birol
QuoteI feel greek here .....  

Hum. A canadian greek or greek canadian ...

RTurner

birolOops, an Envoy XL-we needed the seating for kids etc.  Just got the SLE package-I didn t need/want leather and butt warmers.

griffsmom

birol

QuoteORIGINAL:  birol

I feel greek here .....[&:]

Don t feel bad Birol.  We ve all been together now for over a year and we have a lot of RRs (rabble rousings, or in regular-speak: private jokes) that others outside the group wouldn t get, unless they ve read all 359 pages worth of posts we ve generated in this forum alone--and that s not including the pages of threads we ve started in the other forums!!! [:o]  If you re lost on what we re talking about, it s to be expected.  Heck, even Mod1 wonders what s going on in here half the time! [:D]

birol

birolTurkish Canadian, and Yeah , like griffsmom said, I don t get most of the stuff ... oh welll I will learn ..

SCCS

birol
QuoteI am curious where you purchased your new expedition. I test drove one at Razzari last week.

Thats where we bought it.Got a REALLY good deal through my work.

6Quigs

ckkevin
QuoteWow, 29 foot Class C. That is a might big TV.

Not much of a tow rating though. The one we drove was only rated to tow 3,500 lbs, and another we looked at was only rated for 2,000 lbs[:o]
 There were some rated for 5,000 lbs.

gsm x2

griffsmom
Quotemy DH doesn t want to drive it and put a lot of mileage on it

So you got a pretty expensive Garage Toy???  Why buy it if you ain t gonna use it???

Hi Griffsmom and 6Quigs....just don t mention THAT THING to Birol that you two do everytime you two get to a Rally together.....that would totally confuse him.

Hmm, let s see...how does it start.  I can see the two of you starting it at Mount Madonna, then at Temecula and finally at Gold Rush.

Schemeezle, Schemizle....  No that was Lavern and Shirley....

You start it Griffsmom because Quigs is in bed by now.

gsm x2

birol

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Hi Griffsmom and 6Quigs....just don t mention THAT THING to Birol that you two do everytime you two get to a Rally together.....that would totally confuse him.

gsm x2

Yes, Ok, let me know !!! WHat do these two do at every rally ????? Now you set me up ! It had better be good, really good !!!!!

SactoCampers

6Quigs

QuoteWow, 29 foot Class C. That is a might big TV.

Not much of a tow rating though. The one we drove was only rated to tow 3,500 lbs, and another we looked at was only rated for 2,000 lbs[:o]
 There were some rated for 5,000 lbs.

Wow Kev, bypassing the hybrids entirely. Just remember, you get to wait in line with all the big boys to dump your tanks! And you WILL back into stuff. When I was a little kid, we had a Class C about that size and well......we backed into stuff. Remember, swing wide and make sure the rear axle clears whatever needs to be cleared. FWIW, there s an RV show in early September in Pleasanton. You probably already knew that. Lots o  people buyin  stuff lately......