News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

griffsmom

Red neff BarchettaLance rocks and so does Tyler!!!  What a great tour this year!!!  I was definitely on pins and needles for most of it, even after Lance blew them all away with his stage win in the Pyrennes.  I felt so bad for Ullrich when he went down during the last time trial, but it was academic anyway, since he wouldn t have gained much if anything on Lance even if he hadn t.  I think next year s tour will be a very difficult one for Lance, with Jan wanting to win it (and possibly needing to prove something to himself and the world) and Tyler showing that he is very capabale of being a contender--despite a broken collarbone!

Did ayone see any of the running of the bulls on OLN?  I watched a couple of them.  It certainly seems to bring out the Hemingway in people! [;)]

griffsmomHaving some strange things happening here.  Can t see any of the text within the messages in IE.  Luckily I have an older Netscape that let s me see them.

Any suggestions? I m getting an " object expected error"
 CookieCheck=743071528

Campinggeek

gsm x2

QuoteHaving some strange things happening here. Can t see any of the text within the messages in IE. Luckily I have an older Netscape that let s me see them.

Jon,

Sorry, I can t be of any help.  I only have IE and cannot see any of the text.

gsmx2

gsm x2Are you running windows 98,  because here at work I m running W2K and IE5.5 and it works fine.  At home it s window 98 and IE5.0

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

Having some strange things happening here.  Can t see any of the text within the messages in IE.  Luckily I have an older Netscape that let s me see them.

Any suggestions? I m getting an " object expected error"
 CookieCheck=743071528

Campinggeek

Hi Jon,

Same thing happened to me at home--couldn t see text for the past 2 days, yet it was fine on my work computer.  I logged in this morning, and as you can see since I m posting this reply, I can see text at home again.  There was a thread over on the General forum ( http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=40753&p=1&tmode=1 ) where the admin was aware of theproblem and was trying to fix it.  I guess they did!  I hope that doesn t happen again.  Not being able to read and reply to posts leaves me with nothing else to do but to get projects and chores done around the house.[: (][;)]

oldmoose

6QuigsI can see, but can t hear you. What?

Cottonwooder

oldmooseOh, thank goodness!!!!

Who else was going through bad withdrawals?  My scrapping board was down for most of yesterday too, so mine was a severe case!!!

Cottonwooder2 days and I had one heck of a w/e so I haven t been able to sit and chat for too long.

Red,
 Got the shelf put in and the TP holder.  Working up  to those big mods.

Campinggeek
 AKA Jon

otter

oldmooseGreetings from the cool state of Oregon!  It was HOT around Trinity lake but nice and cool here on the coast.
 We have been feasting on fresh caught tuna and halibut and watching the elk on the side hill.  I can not explain the beauty of this house of our nephew s.  30 acres on a hill top.  Great people and Great place.  We will be back in  few weeks to stay another few nights on our way home.  
 We have decided that RV parks for the most part stink and that we have to invest in a deep cell battery and do more dry camping.  For sure!!!! I haven t  needed the electric blanket on this trip!  96 in Grants Pass on Sunday.  
 All is well with the ole Viking.  It is serving us well.
 We were given a " SeaOtter Crossing sign to put on the pu.  It is too cute.
 Hope all is well with each and everyone of you.  I haven t been able to catch up with the posts, but heard that they were down for 4 days, so maybe I haven t missed too much.

Hugs

Cottonwooder

otterAnd while Otter s posting here in NNC and I m posting in SCC, we re simultaneously IMing each other.  Ah, technology!  [:D]

6Quigs

otterHi Otter,
 Saw you last Friday on 880 heading north around 9:30am.
 You were crusing along in the inner lane doing 55,
 while I was with my boss,
 late for a meeting, so whizzing by in the outter lane.

Glad to hear you are having a good time.

otterMaybe that offer by PCMom do do a trip in the North can gain some momentum.  Dry camping opens a world of campgrounds.

CampingGeek

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

Maybe that offer by PCMom do do a trip in the North can gain some momentum.  Dry camping opens a world of campgrounds.

CampingGeek

A NNC dry camping rally? What a NOVEL idea! [;)]. I remember trying that once and all I heard was how much people wanted hookups. This group has gone SOFT! [8D] In reality, it s hard to get sites together at dry camping places because those are mostly state and/or regional parks that don t allow specific site reservations. Regional parks usually do, but not state parks. I think the consensus here is that if you want to go dry camping, do it on your own time [;)][8D]. NNC camps with at least partial hookups. We ve been pretty successful at finding good spots with hookups. But I agree, dry camping does open up a lot of campgrounds.

Regarding camping in north state, we camped one time at an RV park in McCloud with a beautiful view of Mt. Shasta. It was called dance country RV park. It was a pretty nice place and close to all kinds of outdoor activities and a short walk to downtown McCloud. Here is the link for anyone who s interested:

http://www.mccloudrvpark.com/

I know, there s tons of RV parks and campgrounds up north, but this is the one I ve been to. If anyone is thinking of going up there or wants to hold a rally, let me know so I can tell you which sites to reserve. We could do this one in spring or early summer. In the spring,  the McCloud river (adjacent to the park) would be rushing with snow river runoff and the nearby state park has hiking trails and neat waterfalls (see pictures in red caption):

http://sactocampers.tripod.com/sactocamperswebpage/id3.html

Red neff Barchetta

oldmooseHey all,
 Swamped as usual at work, but I m not complaining, it could be the other way around.
 We are off tomorrow for 4 nights up at French Meadows reservoir.  Can t wait!  We ve got 2 sites reserved (Brian s right about the SP system not taking specific site reservations until arrival, but for some reason at French Meadows you can), 1 for us and 1 for my parents (tent) who are arriving Saturday.  Until they arrive, we are going to have a HUGE site, lol.  Batteries are charged, lug nuts checked, tires filled, PahaQue shower tent and floor loaded, etc...  This trip in particular we have been looking forward to for about 6 months.  Should be fun!
 Glad everyone is well and dry rally s sound great to me!  Great to hear Lon & Dianne are seeing the beauty SP s offer.  Maybe we should get them a battery charger so they can get the full potential out of their new battery.  Would hate for them to get discouraged from a low battery.
 Talk to everyone next week.

Red neff Barchetta

oldmooseBtw, my SIL had a healthy baby girl in mid-July!  Their clan now equals Kevin & Margaret s as well as our NNC sister to the east, Kelly.
 The Amy-imposed no camping for July was tough to get through, but we ve got 3 trips in August to make up for it, ha.
 Jeff Beck and BB King were amazing if anyone cares.

Brian -
 You ll appreciate my next concert you fellow 80 s dude you;
 Iron Maiden & Dio, lol.  A couple buddies and I are going to check it out.  Should be a trip.