Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OC Campers

Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

Jacqui,

I may not be making it to HB after all.  Veronica had made camping reservations for Labo(u)r Day and we debated whether or not to go, but it looks like we will have to spend the long weekend in Monterey California....what a shame. [8D]

But, to answer your question, yes, these events are open to the public,  that is really why we do them.

I am so glad that the hitch is working for you, I was pretty sure that it would be an improvement.  Thanks to you and Randy for helping me clear my garage.[;)]

Larry

Thats too bad.  We would of loved to of watched you do your " thing" .  I would love to suffer a weekend in Monterey[:(].  

So glad to help clean out your garage.  Would you believe we had a person ( a guest sign in from Mississippi) buy our Reese Mini 350.  He didn t even own a popup yet but wanted to be prepared.  What a great Website this is.  I guess all things happen for a reason.[:)]

JACQUI

OC Campers

Ab Diver

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

Wow, caught the news this morning about the heavy rains in Las Vegas. Something like 3"  in 90 minutes, and all that water has to go " somewhere" . The weather report showed very strong thunderstorm activity in south-east Calif. Hope none of our So-Cal brothers and sisters are caught out in the desert *dry* camping. That s why you never camp in a dry riverbed.

Yo--- Ventura members...  remember that campground that was suddenly flooded a few years back? Wasn t that right off the Hwy 101-33 area? My parents were down there at that time in their motorhome. Scary stuff.

Ab Diver--- mulling over that pontoon modification to my pop-up....

I don t think Ventura got hit.  Thankfully.  Most of it was in the desert near Lancaster and Mojave.   We just went thru that area on Sunday pulling the PU back from the Eastern Sierras.  So glad we missed the rain.  That area is so desolate, I wouldn t want to be stuck out there.  There is no place  around to seek shelter either.  Just a lot of sand and scrub brush.  I feel sorry for the people heading out the I 15 to Vegas.  It is totally closed in both directions due to an overpass  that couldn t  take the rain and started to crumble.  According to the news the backup was 27 miles long trying  to head out the I 40 detour[: (]

Dave with all the mods you already have, why not pontoon floaties?  There is always a first for everything.  You may start something here.  A floating PU.  Hmmm.  

Jacqui

gsm x2

6Quigs
QuoteYo--- Ventura members... remember that campground that was suddenly flooded a few years back? Wasn t that right off the Hwy 101-33 area? My parents were down there at that time in their motorhome. Scary stuff.

Oh, I remember that well. Actually it has happened twice where the Ventura River has overflowed onto the 101 and closed it.  Funny thing about that is that the freeway goes along nice and high until it gets to the river. Then inexplictly it dips down 4 - 6 feet to the bridge.  Odd design.

Then one of the years the news helicopters got a video of a motorhome just as it was swept under a bridge.  Oh, that was good video, so it made national news.  I got a call from my brother in Michigan all concerned about the flooding in Ventura.  No news without the video...the campground is built in the flood plain of the Ventura River and it just a couple of acres.  Oh the power of video.

gsm x2

otter

Civil_War_BuffThe Nick s and us did about the same trip, but it took us 4 weeks!!!  I guess that is what age does for ya.  I can t imagine setting up at 10pm... or not getting back to camp after a day in Victoria til 11:30.  Maybe I did it when I was your age,  but sure couldn t do it now.  
 We did the same trip at Mt. St. Helen s, but camped at the Seaquest Park right at the first visitor s center.  We stayed 2 nights so we did Johnston s Lookout the first day and then drove the north west circle to the view point there, which was truely dramatic.  It was a lot of driving, but was a nice way to spend a day.

We ferried to Vancouver Island with the PU, pricey but worth it!  We stayed with friends who had their grandkids there too, so use d the PU for sleeping and we got to go camping on the western shore of the island.  The beaches were fantastic, but the crowds were surprisingly large.

It is nice to be back, but I miss the sleeping outdoors.  I think I am goin gto work on a screened in porch here in Menlo Park.  [:)]

gsm x2

6QuigsWelcome back Otter.

The SammySlaves and the G s stopped by your place in SC.  There was a contented little-old-lady sitting in the living room watching the crowds saunter by.  Looked like a nice thing to do once one is a bit beyond sauntering age.

We were going to make that trip in 4-weeks to, but have changed to head east on a four-week camping trip to Michigan.  Even going to camp in Michigan instead of staying in family-housing.

See you soon.

gsm x2

otter

gsm x2
QuoteEven going to camp in Michigan instead of staying in family-housing.

We would rather use the camper than someones  futon on the living room floor, or  exrtra bedroom  with the sewing machings, scrapbooks and dried flowers stuffed in the corner.
 We did like the extension cord from the garage and putting the PU on the side yard.  That solved the no pot-a-potty feature of our PU.  But we could sleep or not as we chose and make our morning coffee when we wanted and still be close.  We were visiting people who for the most part lived in small towns or out in the country so it worked out well for us.  I know you will enjoy your trip to Mich.  It is such a beautiful time to travel.  
 Our next trip is to NM (Sep10-22) and it will probaby still be hot in the daytime, but be cooling down at night.  But I am looking foward to uncrowded campgrounds and kids back in school [;)]

Cottonwooder

otterOTTER!!!!   Gosh, we miss you!

otter

Cottonwooder
QuoteOTTER!!!! Gosh, we miss you!

Well, I m back and it seems the gng is off camping.  I m jealous!  What are you doing home this gorgeous weekend?

gsm x2

otter
QuoteWe did like the extension cord from the garage and putting the PU on the side yard.

Hmmmm, hadn t thought of that.  Family housing with a twist.  Visit brother in Grand Rapids, spend the night next to his barn.  The Butteries have a side yard. The Stewards have a garage.

In fact those lots in Michigan are so huge we could probably had a rally in a couple of them.  The Folly at the Foley s Rally.  That s so NNC.

gsm x2

Kelly

gsm x2[font=" comic sans ms" ]ummmmmmmmm, Scott ... MN is on the way to MI.  I d be glad to run an extension cord for you here in my driveway ~ lots of room here!

Back from my 22-day Road Trip to parts West-But-Not-West-Enough.[/font]  [link=http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=44834&p=1&tmode=1] [font=" comic sans ms" ]~read about it here [/font][/link][link=http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=40915&p=1&mpage=2&tmode=1][font=" comic sans ms" ]~and here.[/font][/link]
 [font=" comic sans ms" ]Definitely a trip for the memory books ~ full of adventure and mis-adventure!  And never a dull moment ~ with four kids you could catch a temper tantrum at just about any moment of any day!  LOL  Not Really.  (My kids don t have temper tantrums ~ they re perfect little angels! [: (])  

Tania ~ picked up my tape this morning .... can t wait to watch it!  Thanks much.  Makes me feel that much closer to being a  real  member and not an  honorary  one!! [:D] ~and if you all tell me I have to help paint Dave s house to be a member in full standing ~ I quit!  [8D]
 [/font]

otter

6Quigs[&:][&:][&:]

Where have all my buddies gone..............long time camping............

[>:][>:][>:]

gsm x2

Kelly
Quoteummmmmmmmm, Scott ... MN is on the way to MI. I d be glad to run an extension cord for you here in my driveway ~ lots of room here!

Kelly--we are going through MN on the way to the U.P.  Looks like we ll be on the I-94, but as some NNCers will attest, we are willing to travel to meet people.  Where in Minnesota are you?  (You can do it in LAT/LONG coordinates ala Jeff/Neff if you want)

Hope you like the video. Here, in order to help you know who is who in the video, see if you can match the screen name with the action in the video.

a. sammyslave (Larry)
 b. sammyslave (Rita)
 c. gsm x2
 d. G-whiz
 e. surfcal
 f. HybridHolly
 g. Mike (Nick)
 h. CivilWarBuff

1. Wears Orange
 2. Ate Vienna Sausage with father
 3.  Cooking Abbleskeevers (spelling)
 4.  Raccoon Scream
 5.  One-sided pop-up set-up
 6.  Expanding culinary delights through camping
 7.  Giggle-giggle-giggle
 8.  " This is something you really get into, or not."

gsm x2

Kelly

gsm x2
QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Kelly--we are going through MN on the way to the U.P.  Looks like we ll be on the I-94, but as some NNCers will attest, we are willing to travel to meet people.  Where in Minnesota are you?  (You can do it in LAT/LONG coordinates ala Jeff/Neff if you want)

[font=" comic sans ms" ]oh thank goodness ~ you started with the easy stuff!  LOL  Will you be on I-94 right through the Twin Cities (that s Minneapolis/St Paul for you left-coasters![;)])?  If so ~ you won t have to travel far at all.  Drop me a line ~ let s see if we can work something out.  btw ~ I m up for an award this year ~ Met The Most Number of PUTers Without Actually Attending a Rally!![/font]

QuoteHope you like the video. Here, in order to help you know who is who in the video, see if you can match the screen name with the action in the video.

[font=" comic sans ms" ] My guesses ....

a. sammyslave (Larry) ~~~ " ...something you really get into, or not."
 b. sammyslave (Rita) ~~~ giggle-giggle-giggle
 c. gsm x2 ~~~ ate vienna sausage with father
 d. G-whiz ~~~ expanding culinary delights
 e. surfcal ~~~ one-sided pop-up set-up (site stealing, too?)
 f. HybridHolly ~~~ what are abbleskeevers??
 g. Mike (Nick) ~~~ orange??  thought that was red
 h. CivilWarBuff ~~~ oh my ~ it s Arvee!!

How d I do??[/font]

Cottonwooder

otter
QuoteWhere have all my buddies gone..............long time camping............

Camping is the thing we ve done just about the LEAST of this year. [>:]  Am up to my eyeballs with putting our house together, now that the workers are gone, and with getting fundraising going at Rebec s school.  Never done it before, so am feeling my way around.

How are things with you?  Are you back home yet?

gsm x2

Kelly
QuoteMy guesses ....

a. sammyslave (Larry) ~~~ " ...something you really get into, or not."  
 b. sammyslave (Rita) ~~~ giggle-giggle-giggle
 c. gsm x2 ~~~ ate vienna sausage with father
 d. G-whiz ~~~ expanding culinary delights
 e. surfcal ~~~ one-sided pop-up set-up (site stealing, too?)
 f. HybridHolly ~~~ what are abbleskeevers??
 g. Mike (Nick) ~~~ orange?? thought that was red
 h. CivilWarBuff ~~~ oh my ~ it s Arvee!!

How d I do??

100%  You get an " A"  and a gold star.  Good for you.  So how d you like the video?  I thought Ray did an excellent job.

Quotebtw ~ I m up for an award this year ~ Met The Most Number of PUTers Without Actually Attending a Rally!!

Sounds like a great award...we d like to help out.  Need to be in the UP Friday night, so will be in the Twin Cities area on Thursday, October 2.  Should we make a date for dinner.  Any good campgrounds you can recommend.  We aren t picky for overnight lodging, but did avoid a campground in the " high crime"  district of New Orleans one time.

gsm x2