News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

SactoCampers
QuoteWe usually wake up around 8:00 A.M., dilly-dally around, start folding sheets, rolling up sleeping bags, straightening things up, etc., eat breakfast, get dressed, deconnect the hookups, but *after* DW is done using them, hook up the TV/DVD in the car, etc. All of this I do myself while DW watches Sactotoddler.

Oh man, does THAT sound familiar!  When Karen was 2 and under, Mike would take her for 30-45 minutes while I worked on the inside, then I d take her for about an hour while Mike did everything else, only to come back and find C wood not even popped down yet.  Gradually, we were able to work together while keeping an eye on her and Rebec.  (No TV or video.)  Not to mention having to put every single thing away in order to pop down.  I hated how long things took to do.

First time we used the new trailer, I said " That s it???"  both when we set up and broke camp.  We were done almost instantly!  Far less packing time at home too, since you can leave everything in your fully equipped home on wheels.  

Quigs, are you totally in love with your new trailer too?  Isn t it great to have bunks and a proper fridge, with freezer for ice cream?  Since getting ours, we haven t needed to bring the cooler!

SactoCampers

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteNow Nick I can understand why you have so much stuff since you are now an official NNC chef extraordinaire, but Sacto, man what s up with all the stuff you bring, lol?! Pillows, bike helmets, warm jackets, and dry food is all we need to put in the TV.

In case you forgot,  we don t have a front storage trunk and our fold down sink blocks access to the main popup aisle. So we only have a smallish cube area to store stuff in the trailer for non-permanent-camper stuff. So, *everything* goes in the minivan. This includes all of our sterlite drawers (four plus a smaller one for canned goods) our cooler, two suitcases, cooler, stroller, sactodoggie, sactodoggies kennel, sactodoggies corral, baby gate, baby backpack, bucket of shoes, bucket of trailer essentials, plus the stuff you mentioned. Fortunately, taking out the seats offsets some of this weight. We re able to put our big bucket of blankets, towels, and sheets inside the trailer door.

champ521

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

In case you forgot,  we don t have a front storage trunk and our fold down sink blocks access to the main popup aisle. So we only have a smallish cube area to store stuff in the trailer for non-permanent-camper stuff. So, *everything* goes in the minivan. This includes all of our sterlite drawers (four plus a smaller one for canned goods) our cooler, two suitcases, cooler, stroller, sactodoggie, sactodoggies kennel, sactodoggies corral, baby gate, baby backpack, bucket of shoes, bucket of trailer essentials, plus the stuff you mentioned. Fortunately, taking out the seats offsets some of this weight. We re able to put our big bucket of blankets, towels, and sheets inside the trailer door.

Sounds like you could use a new/used PU. Quigs, any suggestions?

Nick

NickMost of my stuff fits in the center aisle of the PU.  Our sink folds length wise over the front bench so it leaves us with lots of storage.

Yes I was messing around with the website yesterday.

Red neff Barchetta

NickBrian -
 Yeah, Champ s right.  Buy a new TV and get the 6Quigs  tricked out Niagara.  Problem solved.

Now, I have a few issues here Mr. Man (or maybe it s with Mrs. Sacto.);

What in the bleep do you need 2 suitcases of stuff for when you have 4 sterilite drawers full of stuff!!!
 Get rid of the doggie kennel and doggie pen.  All you need is a rope tied around a tree!!

Good grief man, you will survive 72 hrs. in the " wilderness"  just fine, lol.  Although I bet if the Donner Party had a baby gate they would have survived.
 Just ribbin  you dude, but damn you sure bring a lot for 2 1/2 days.

SactoCampers

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Brian -
 Yeah, Champ s right.  Buy a new TV and get the 6Quigs  tricked out Niagara.  Problem solved.

Now, I have a few issues here Mr. Man (or maybe it s with Mrs. Sacto.);

What in the bleep do you need 2 suitcases of stuff for when you have 4 sterilite drawers full of stuff!!!
 Get rid of the doggie kennel and doggie pen.  All you need is a rope tied around a tree!!

Good grief man, you will survive 72 hrs. in the " wilderness"  just fine, lol.  Although I bet if the Donner Party had a baby gate they would have survived.
 Just ribbin  you dude, but damn you sure bring a lot for 2 1/2 days.

Hey Man, when I went to Del Valle solo, I brought hardly anything, just beer clothes, the dog and a can o  chili. I mooched chicken off Surfcal. The dog travels in his kennel because I don t want him being a projectile in an accident. Also keeps his dog hair from getting all over the place. Besides, you ever traveled with an unrestrained Border Collie? He s like a freakin  Yo-Yo darting from one side of the car to the other. He never calms down unless he s in the kennel.  Sometimes we just leave him home.  But yes, your issue (and mine) is with Mrs. Sacto. I can only fit half my clothes in one of the bins, we put some towels & stuff in the other, Mrs. Sacto s clothes in another, and food in another. Suitcases have my warm clothes in one, and Mrs.Sacto s clothes and Sactotoddler s clothes and diapers (LOTS of them) and supplies. But to answer your question...yes, we overpack, but we re always comfortable [:D][8D]. As you all know, if mama ain t happy, ain t nobody happy. So I just deal [;)][:D].

New tow vehicle? No way. Mrs. Sacto is a minivan mom. I ain t gettin  a new tow vehicle just to buy Quigs  Niagara. [:D]. Nice try though. A Starcraft 2409 is what I would want and could still tow (I ve done the weight calculations), but then again, that wouldn t help me with my " all morning long breakdown and pack up routine."
 I also like having no payments on either of our cars or the popup [:D][:)] Next TV will probably be another minivan...just one with more power. Although we did fine going over Echo Summit.

Kelly

SactoCampers[font=" comic sans ms" ][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

No wonder I like to hang out here ~ you all make me laugh!!

Still don t get it, Sacto!  Mama s very happy around here without all that s*** in HER camper!! We packed lighter for a 3-week road trip than you do for a weekend from the sounds of things!!  LMAO

Very little room in my PU (as you well know) ... 2 coolers, 3 duffle bags and a 14 gal tote of food in the  burb.  A few things in the PU ~ only the light stuff!!  We re pushing our weight rating big time!! [: (]

DH keeps the kids out of my way and I can be packed up and ready to go in about an hour.  Most of it gets done the night before ...

Oh yea ~ and we leave the dog at home!  Shelties are about as calm in the car as border collies!

btw, Jeff ~ Looking forward to seeing the G s myself!  [/font]

Ab Diver

KellyGee, I dunno what s with all you guys. You ve seen us at the rallies, we only take the b ar minimum of stuff. We can be packed and ready to go in, oh, say.... 5 minutes. [;)]

Got a nudder soccer game this morning, for DD #2.  Couple nights ago, DD#1 got to play forward for her team, and scored a goal. She s always been a defender, so this was the first time in her short 4-year carreer that s happened. Can you say this was a *Big Deal* for her? I ve been doing my best to be a good Soccer Dad, but it s hard to make it to every weeknight game while working long hours in a brown truck. Glad I got to see this one.... it s one of those moments every parent cherishes. [:D]

Keep you fingers crossed, the ocean s been calm all week. Gunna try and nab some ab tomorrow. Anybody want a taste?

Ca-girl

Ab Diver
QuoteKeep you fingers crossed, the ocean s been calm all week. Gunna try and nab some ab tomorrow. Anybody want a taste?

Mmmmm....that s nearly enough incentive for me to pull up roots and move to YOUR neck of the woods!

BTW....congratulate DD#1 for me!  That s VERY exciting [:D]

Ab Diver

Nick...might as well tell  em. I m surprised I was the first NNC er to respond.

If they only knew what they were missing. Hehehehe..... [;)]

http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=47577&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=&language=&tmode=0&s=#47734

Ab Diver

Ca-girl
QuoteMmmmm....that s nearly enough incentive for me to pull up roots and move to YOUR neck of the woods!

Lemme know if ya wanna come on over after soccer season ends at the end of October. We ll be almost stir crazy from a lack of camping by then, and ab season runs through the end of November. (Or just camp over here before then, and Kevin and I can do a hit-and-run ab dive first thing on a Sunday morning.)

QuoteBTW....congratulate DD#1 for me! That s VERY exciting  

Thanks, Tania. I did, and she said Thank You.

Kelly

Ab Diver

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

...might as well tell  em. I m surprised I was the first NNC er to respond.

If they only knew what they were missing. Hehehehe..... [;)]

http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=47577&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=&language=&tmode=0&s=#47734

[font=" comic sans ms" ]Hey Dave ~

I voted that I belonged to a club ~ can I count NNC too??  I could ask Yellow Xterra to add a place to vote for belonging to more than one club! [:D] [/font]

Cottonwooder

Ab DiverThanks for the link, Dave.  I almost never venture beyond our NNC and SCC boards.  Yup, needs to be an option for belonging to more than one club. [:)]

Ca-girl

NickWell, we had some real EXCITEMENT around here last night!  Apparently, some bad guy with a gun came through my street, and from 11:30 pm until 2:30 am there were highway patrolmen, sheriffs, a K9 unit, and a helicopter searching the street and my backyard.  They even tore down a portion of my fence to let the police dog through to follow the scent.  They came to the conclusion that he hopped my side fence into the backyard and then hopped the fence into the yard behind mine.  I kept expecting to hear the Cops theme song at any minute (Bad boys, bad boys...whatcha gunna do...) Throughout the whole thing, they had a girl handcuffed out there on the street who was yelling all the while about how she was pistol whipped and robbed and had her car stolen by the bad guy.....I don t think they believed her story. [8D]

Red neff Barchetta

NickTania -
 Glad everyone is alright.

Sure makes my night seem pretty boring, lol.