News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Ab DiverKelly, Kelly, Kelly,

" When s the best time to camp in CA?" .
 Where do you live anyway?!  Probably someplace where they would elect somebody who appeared in " Predator"  as their Governor.  Oh wait, forget I said that.  Hee, hee.  How embarrassing that would be.
 Come on out!  As far as the spare bunk end goes, we ve got a king size one that is usually empty as our oldest thinks sleeping on the couch is cooler than a giant bed all to himself!  Although I should probably check with my DW first, lol.

You could come out next week with your Twins (baseball team that is) if they beat the Yankee s.  You could watch them lose to the A s.

Whoohoo!!  Go A s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  On to Boston.

6Quigs

Kelly

QuoteORIGINAL:  Kelly
 [font=" comic sans ms" ]"
  when is the best time to camp in California??[/font]
Lets see,
 Memorial day weekend,
 4th of July
 Labor Day weekend
 They all tend to get a bit crowded,
 But any other time is perfect.
 We will be camping on both Thanksgiving and Christmas weekends this year[8D]

QuoteORIGINAL:  Kelly
 [font=" comic sans ms" ]" ... and would it count if I flew out and begged a bunk end from somebody?  My poor TV and PU seem to have a rough time on road trips lately!!  [;)]
 [/font]

What about your 4 little ones?
 Will you be bringing them along too?
 We do have an empty couch, and the dinette can sleep a few more.
 And isn t there a Mister Kelly you should be bringing along too????

Cottonwooder

KellyThe best time to camp in California?  Oh dear, I see you live in a cold state in which you have a beginning and ending to your camping seasons.

Chiming in from Southern California, yes, we have a Christmas-New Year Rally as well as one in mid-November, plus one coming up later this month, and I think there s another one planned in February or March... and that s just the Southern half of the state!

So, heck, pick any time of the year, let us know when you ll be out this way, and we ll show you how honorable an honorable member is treated.  [:)]

Ab Diver

Ab Diver" The coldest winter I ever spent was the summer I spent in San Francisco" --
 Mark Twain.

See, it s a historical fact that California Camping is great in the winter. So, since you got a whole season of snow ahead of you, with nothing to do.... think about what you d like to see and when you d like to see it.  Then we ll *build* you the Kelly in Cali Rally of your choice!

It s up to you... Redwoods, beaches, the Sierras, the desert, quite backwoods ponds, white-water rafting, etc., etc., yadda, yadda, yadda, the list is endless..... so take your pick now, and then take a pic when you arrive.

See, now wasn t that easy?[:D]  

And don t worry about choosing something we don t like, cuz if we don t like your choice, we ll just tell you the place was all booked up and to try something else. [;)]

Red neff Barchetta

Ab DiverWow Kelly, you ve got a big heart.
 How nice of you to buy these 2 homeless people lunch!

http://avenuecable.com/~gsmx2/bigtrip2003/day14jacksontorhineland.htm

Cottonwooder

Ab Diver
QuoteAnd don t worry about choosing something we don t like, cuz if we don t like your choice, we ll just tell you the place was all booked up and to try something else.

That deserves a Bylaw of its own!

(BIG FLIP!)

otter

Cottonwooder...from the Chronicles of NNC

...and so as the fame of the NNC spread, people from cold climes and from far off places began flying to California to camp in mid winter.  Dispite the odd politics of the state, they found the pop-up-camping-populace friendly, happy and mostly sane.  Rarely did they see the famed one ended popup, but stories of it abounded and the sagas of its existence continued to spread thru out the country.

Surfcal

Ab DiverHello Kelly:

You should just pull a Dave, fly in, rent a car and come to a rally.  (However, Dave did have arrangements for a cabover).  One of us is surely able to host you.  I know the hybrid folks have lots of room.  Personally, I have a one-sided popup which keeps out the riff-raffs, not that you re a riff-raff.

It s just in case one of the guys get too drunk at the campfire and can t stumble back to their camper, at least my camper always has a No Vacancy sign.

On the question of when it is a good time to camp in California, it s easier to ask when it is NOT a good time.

a)  During a Gubernatorial Recall.  Television reports are too entertaining to miss.  It s the ultimate reality program and everyone gets to vote who gets kicked out.

b)   During El Nino years.  The winters could whip up a storm within days and turn your popup bunkends into a kite.

c)  Anytime the temperature hits below 55 degrees Farenheit, it s too cold.  Lucky for us, that doesn t happen too often.

Well, congratulations on your designation as the 2003 Friendship Ambassador of NNC, it is a vaulted position.

And to everyone else, if you don t like the news, go out there and make some of your own.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Cottonwooder
Quote...and so as the fame of the NNC spread, people from cold climes and from far off places began flying to California to camp in mid winter. Dispite the odd politics of the state, they found the pop-up-camping-populace friendly, happy and mostly sane. Rarely did they see the famed one ended popup, but stories of it abounded and the sagas of its existence continued to spread thru out the country.

Dianne,
 This brought a tear to my eye and made me swell with pride.  Or maybe it was just the spices from yet another Sammy Slave entree .  Either way, that was beautiful!
 Maybe our webslave s Brian & Mike can put that on the 1st. page of the NNC site.

6Quigs
QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

What about your 4 little ones?
 Will you be bringing them along too?
 We do have an empty couch, and the dinette can sleep a few more.
 And isn t there a Mister Kelly you should be bringing along too????

[font=" comic sans ms" ]I must admit ~ I m giving this some serious thought!  Was just sort of a flip little comment at first, but ... now that it has a life of its own who am I to argue?! [&:]

Thinking this will be a Kelly trip.  The chirren and I will probably skip Road Trip 2004 in favor of several smaller trips around our fine state this summer (I ve camped less in MN as an adult than I have in other states!)  Sad to say ~ there is no longer a Mister Kelly who I should be bringing along.  It was bound to come out sooner or later ... he and I have separated.  So really I just need a wee, little, itty-bitty place to catch a few zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs.  I promise I won t take up too much room and I pack lightly! [;)]

Will keep you posted on travel plans ... Now, I m off to load the  burb.  The kids and I are going camping!!! [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][/font]

champ521

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly,

K-E-L-L-Y

Kelly

Guest[font="comic sans ms"]OMG ~ another Rookie Mistake!! [: (]

Must be too excited to hit the road!  That was me up there ....

And if you all are gonna sing that silly song from Cheers I may have to rethink this trip!  LMAO [;)][/font]

ckkevin

Red neff BarchettaOne of the other forums has a survey of the best camping club web site and obviously many of them have not seen the best.  Go give NNC their rightful place among the polls and make them #1

[link=http://www.popupexplorer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5743]Best Pup Up Camping Club Web Site[/link]

Ab Diver

CottonwooderOk guys and gals.... you are down by ONE!

(doing my best Robin Williams impersonation as " The Gennie"  in *Alladin*)

The NNC website needs your support! You don t have to be a member there, just pop over and click on the NNC icon. Right now something called The Magical Flying Camper Club has the lead. They clain to be Non-Exclusive... Hah! How can they as non-exclusive as us, we even have an " official"  member from the other side of the country (Hey, Minnesota *is* practically the other side of the country, right? [;)] )
 Let s blow them out of the water.

BTW:

Quotethere is no longer a Mister Kelly who I should be bringing along.

Surf s up, Dude s!  I m thinking we should have a rally at Venice Beach for Kelly so she can window shop. [;)]

Ab Diver-- stirring the pot....

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
Quotequote:

there is no longer a Mister Kelly who I should be bringing along.

Surf s up, Dude-ess!

Dave--you should be ashamed of yourself for such blatant matchmaking.

Although, they would make a perfect couple if you ask me.  But you need some subtleness in your approach.

Kelly--the best time to be camping in California is ANYTIME there is snow in Minnesota, which this year could be from October 1 until May 1st it seems.

gsm x2