SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

otter
QuoteWhat are you doing this weekend?

Nothing in particular, and so will catch up on uncluttering the house.  There are also sewing and scrapbooking projects screaming for my attention.  [:)]

Can t go camping this weekend because 9yo has a Girl Scout function.  Can t go next weekend because dh is running in the LA Marathon.  We ve been camping only once since Cachuma [:(], mainly because we were pretty much truckless for all of January.  But now we can take the QUICK way to Cachuma, up through the mountain road!  [:D]

Cottonwooder

g-whizYou re not going to believe this, but after spending a long time to find the PERFECT trailer to move up to, dh is now looking at the 5th wheel brochure!!!  At our last camping trip a couple of weeks ago, our neighbor had a 5th wheel (smaller than the humongous monsters we sometimes see) and the same truck we have.  " He s towing a 5th wheel with a smaller (engine size) truck."

Boys and their toys!  Just give me a bathroom and bunks.  I don t give a hoot about anything else!

Cottonwooder

g-whizMan, it s so quiet in here without Gs Whiz  n  His and their dualling keyboards.  I wonder if they argue with each other via klackety-klack Instant Messages?

otter

g-whizWould youneed  to change your name from Cottonwooder to something with 5 wheels should DW get one?  
 5 wheelers and cab overs are the only camping vehicles I see here on the Big Island.  I doubt if there are any campsites with hook ups.  To get to any camping areas inland or for that matter on the ocean you would need a 4 wheel drive tow vehicle.  It s pretty rugged country.  Rugged lava that is.  
 Let s meet in  the Reyes the rool thread for the weekend.  Maybe add a page or tow.  

OC????  still painting?  take a break and join us.  

I m jealous thinking of all the fun they are having... wonder what they had for breakfast this morning.  

OC Campers

g-whizHi gals--Yep we are still painting.  In it about 8:30pm and I finally got a nice needed break.  Randy went over to the neighbors house to watch the Tyson fight.  Beeting someones brains in is not my idea of fun.   I think I am doing a good job painting.  Randy is complaining about drips but I told him he is the only drip.  I didn t do it!!!  Boy is it hard going with a 2 year old wrapped around your ankles.

Afraid we won t make it to the next few rally s.  Snug Harbor is just a tad too far with kids in school and the Great SLO would be perfect but Randy s nephew is getting married that weekend and his mother is flying in from Michigan.  If I could I would of jumped thru hoops to get there but it just isn t gonna happen.:::sigh:::

Well the slave driver is coming back and 1 out of 3 kids is in bed so I guess its back to work.

Jacqui

Civil_War_Buff

g-whizWE ARE HOME!!!!!
  Just had another great outing!! I will give details later this evening!!  Now, I need a SHOWER........badly.[: (]

Lowdown later!! Missed those that couldn t make it.

Happy Campin  <><

Red neff Barchetta

Civil_War_BuffWhew!  Everyone but me is sleeping and I finally get a few minutes before I m out cold too.

Well, what another great rally!  This group is truly terrific.  Our kids had a blast with all of the other wonderful kids.  I am already looking forward to Snug Harbor!
 Think I ll make a more direct Olema post on the Olema thread in the rally forums section.

And yes Larry, you did need a shower (very badly) when I last smelled, er saw you around 11:00 this morning.  I hope Veronica survived the ride home with you!  Just kidding friend.  Btw, I looked up my lighthouse pictures before we did our work and the concrete was orange then also, lol!  I ll bring them to Snug Harbor.

Surfcal

Civil_War_BuffSactocampers, is that you who so efficiently updated the infomation on the NNC website?  Immediately after the rally, Olema was purged off the upcoming events page and simply retired to the past rallies section.

You are on top of it man.  You are THE MAN.  Thanks for the updates and we sorely missed you.  I wanted to Rabble Rouse you in person.

We re not worthy!  We re not worthy.

Surfcal

6Quigs

Civil_War_BuffMust be a slow day at the office Brian.
 You even included the BORING Rally to Lake Tahoe!!
 and updated the photos on the home page!!

Surfcal

Civil_War_Bufftest.

6Quigs

Surfcal
QuoteSurfcal
 test.

Consider yourself tested[:D]

Surfcal

Civil_War_BuffKevin:

Did I seem testy?

Surfcal

6Quigs

Civil_War_BuffI missed it Friday night,

But don t worry, everyone filled me in on Saturday night on your previous nights shenanaigans

Cottonwooder

Civil_War_BuffHey neighbors, were you at home when the hail hit a few minutes past 5pm?  Did you even see them during the million gallons that unleashed themselves in a matter of minutes?  HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gsm x2

CottonwooderPatricia---I was down at the harbor.  Saw some lightning and heard some thunder, but not even enough rain to wet the car.  G-Whiz was at home....thunder and lightning made her turn off her computer----I think this was about the sixth time she saw lightning in seven years out here.  She used to see that in any two weeks in MI.  She thought it was loud, but didn t see any hail....just a lot of rain in a really quick period.

Squall....it s a good word.

gsm x2