News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

Quote from: NickHey Jeff, last year in January you and I got a rally going by saying lets meet someplace in the middle. So, where do you want to meet?:)

Wyoming is kind of in the middle .... any takers? ;) :) :D

Surfcal

You know what's a good in the middle campground?  Lake Chabot.  I would Wagonmaster this thing, except I know I am traveling all of January.

Surfcal

g-whiz

Quote from: NickHey Jeff, last year in January you and I got a rally going by saying lets meet someplace in the middle. So, where do you want to meet?:)
Are you talking like maybe El Chorro in the middle?  THAT middle?  Or are you talking about a higher middle?  Which last year was Lake Chabot, btw.  That's what I call a higher middle.

Cottonwooder

Glad you asked, G.  I was wondering "middle of where???"   (Wyoming is out for us!)

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: NickHey Jeff, last year in January you and I  got a rally going by saying lets meet someplace in the middle.  So, where do you want to meet?:)
Mike -
We have to be careful or we're going to become "the" NNC wagonmasters, lol.

How about the w/e of January 23 - 25?

I've always wanted to check out Mt. Diablo SP in Danville;

http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=517
&
http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/usa/ca/mtdi/newindex.html

,but it's dry camping which I know doesn't go over well with everyone here so maybe I'll try that on my own sometime.  Unless we want to give it a go?

There's also San Francisco RV Park in Pacifica;

http://www.sanfranciscorvresort.com

,but I'm worried about wind being it's right on the ocean.  Maybe Cough can chime in here with Pacifica wind conditions.  I hate serious wind and the PU!  That's about the only condition I don't like to pop-up in.  I hear it's almost all asphalt, but might be just the ticket in January.  "CA Camping" gives it an 8 which is pretty high for an RV park in that book.

Any other thoughts?  Anyone?

Cottonwooder

Quote from: Red neff Barchettabut it's dry camping which I know doesn't go over well with everyone here
Forget dry camping... our (yes, even Mike has gone wimpy) idea now of "roughin' it" is only W&E, with no sewer hook-up!

I know, I know, the REAL campers are shaking their heads in dismay...

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: CottonwooderForget dry camping... our (yes, even Mike has gone wimpy) idea now of "roughin' it" is only W&E, with no sewer hook-up!

I know, I know, the REAL campers are shaking their heads in dismay...
Patricia, Patricia, Patricia,

You guys have truly gone to the dark side with a TT AND "no dry camping".   :(
Heck, a TT holds much more fresh water than a PU and I've met your DH and he seems like he'd have no problems with batteries.
You're missing all the amazingly beautiful cg's in our state!  If you guys were up here I'd make you come along with us, lol.

You guys should seriously consider a 1000 watt generator to keep your batteries charged up, run your microwave, coffee maker, etc....  Your cg options would then be limitless!
Sorry, it won't run your a/c though.   :D

Cottonwooder

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaYou guys have truly gone to the dark side with a TT AND "no dry camping".
Oh heavens, I was like that way before the TT.  Tried dry camping in C'wood once just to see if it was as bad as I thought it would be.  Yup!  So am willing to skip all the beauty I know I'm missing.  Mike and Rebec are dying to go back to the redwoods.  Next summer they'll take the tent and go, with Karen and I happily at home with luxuries like electricity and running water. :D

Cottonwooder

Speaking of dark side, and after reading posts this past year here at PUT about the openness of PUs, here's something I don't understand: 9 times out of 10 when I see a PU at a campground, most (if not all) of its windows are zipped up.  Befuddles me.  I figure if you're going to close yourself in anyway, may as well have a wardrobe, cabinets, and a proper fridge covering up those windows!  :p

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: CottonwooderSpeaking of dark side, and after reading posts this past year here at PUT about the openness of PUs, here's something I don't understand: 9 times out of 10 when I see a PU at a campground, most (if not all) of its windows are zipped up.  Befuddles me.  I figure if you're going to close yourself in anyway, may as well have a wardrobe, cabinets, and a proper fridge covering up those windows!  :p
That's something that I don't understand either, but I see it alot as well.  First thing we do in the morning is open curtains and unzip the bunk flaps (at least half way down) to let the fresh air through.
Although the bunk flaps stayed closed until 10:30 a.m. at Casini.  Those were some cold mornings!
More light is why I also did the clear window mod. in my PU door.  Zymomyz just did it to his PU as well.

Cottonwooder

I liked having a screen room on wheels, but there was one thing I didn't like about those canvas flaps.  Fold them all the way down onto the bunks/pillows, and all the dust on the outside transferred onto our clean bedding!  Ack!  :eek:

(I know, I know, you real campers are :rolleyes: at me.)

Unregistered

Jeff,
I've wanted to try Mt. Diablo too. Another option would be Memorial in San Mateo. Its in the redwoods and a friend of ours said its thier favorite place to camp. Another option is a campground recomended by CWB in the campground forum is Marina Dunes RV Park. Its a bit expensive but we may be able to get a group rate. Looks like a nice campground. Maybe if CWB sees this thread he can make more comment about it.

Nick

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: UnregisteredJeff,
I've wanted to try Mt. Diablo too.  Another option would be Memorial in San Mateo.  Its in the redwoods and a friend of ours said its thier favorite place to camp.  Another option is a campground recomended by CWB in the campground forum is Marina Dunes RV Park.  Its a bit expensive but we may be able to get a group rate.  Looks like a nice campground.  Maybe if CWB sees this thread he can make more comment about it.
Sounds good Mysterey Cough'er.

I just want to camp in January.  Someone make it so!   :)

Red neff Barchetta

Looks like Marina Dunes is near Monterey (which we are going to visit for the day during the May rally).  A bit too far south for a quick 2-night rally in January.
Mike & I were thinking something between Sunnyvale & Santa Rosa.  Something on his side of the S. F./Oakland bridges.  It's starting to become a January tradition.

Red neff Barchetta

With all of the interest pouring in for a Jan. rally I guess I'll set something up for myself, lol.
Does 1 PU count as a rally, ha?

I'll be out of contact for a bit, so the few remaining Cough'ers who check in here take care.   :)