News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6Quigs

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWith all of the interest pouring in for a Jan. rally I guess I'll set something up for myself, lol.
Does 1 PU count as a rally, ha?

I'll be out of contact for a bit, so the few remaining Cough'ers who check in here take care.   :)
What's wrong with going back to Lake Chabot?
I know we missed it last year, but everyone said it was a nice place.
Margaret stayed at Marina in Monterey, and she said it was noisy, right beside the freeway, and didn't recommend we ever go back there.

Civil_War_Buff

Quote from: 6QuigsWhat's wrong with going back to Lake Chabot?
I know we missed it last year, but everyone said it was a nice place.
Margaret stayed at Marina in Monterey, and she sait it was noisy, right beside the freeway, and didn't recommend we ever go back there.

Marina Dunes may be a little far for Jeff for a 2 dayer, but the Campground is very nice.....There are 2 sides to the CG and it is just off of hwy.1, but in the 10+ years that we have stayed there, it has never proved to be a problem for us.  I will be going to Marina Dunes in January as I find the place quite clean and close to Monterey, one of the most beautiful places on the planet.  Very few worthwhile CG's (SP's aside) are far from roadways, and the only option here would be in the ocean.

Anyone who has camped at Casa de Fruta has experienced the same noise level.  And, if you would hold a rally there, what's the difference? Just asking.

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: KellyWyoming is kind of in the middle .... any takers? ;) :) :D

We'll already be there!  Although skiing, not camping!  

I vote for Chabot!  
There is our (Tania and my) little campground at Winters.  The campground is nice, but you are pretty far from nowhere (nowhere=Winters!)

champ521

Quote from: CottonwooderI liked having a screen room on wheels, but there was one thing I didn't like about those canvas flaps.  Fold them all the way down onto the bunks/pillows, and all the dust on the outside transferred onto our clean bedding!  Ack!  :eek:

(I know, I know, you real campers are :rolleyes: at me.)

Huh? :confused:

champ521

I've been wanting to check out Marina Dunes, too. //www.marinadunesrv.com

RTurner

[There is our (Tania and my) little campground at Winters.  The campground is nice, but you are pretty far from nowhere (nowhere=Winters!)[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'll definietley be in if you go to that "little campground", it's within 10 miles of my zip code!

Surfcal

Quote from: RTurner[There is our (Tania and my) little campground at Winters.  The campground is nice, but you are pretty far from nowhere (nowhere=Winters!)

Hey, I'll definietley be in if you go to that "little campground", it's within 10 miles of my zip code![/QUOTE]

Sounds like a party and RTurner as the Wagonmaster.

Surfcal

champ521

Some of you were asking about those light sticks that I had at Casini. I ordered them from //www.sportsmansguide.com  
I ordered the 40 pack for $30. The item # is WX2-72831.

Ca-girl

Quote from: Surfcal
Quote from: RTurner
Quote from: HybridHollyThere is our (Tania and my) little campground at Winters. The campground is nice, but you are pretty far from nowhere (nowhere=Winters!)
Hey, I'll definietley be in if you go to that "little campground", it's within 10 miles of my zip code!
Sounds like a party and RTurner as the Wagonmaster.

Surfcal
Cool....where do I send my deposit Rojana?

Tania

otter

If we could figure out something to do with the dogs , Rays fufu campground (Costanoa) on the coast near Santa Cruz would be fun and we all go on one of Lon's Elephant seal tours  at Ano Nuevo.  The only other campground near there isa Pescadero and it has no hook ups.  Are there hook ups at Big Basin?  
we'll have to think thisone thru for next year I guess.  
Dianne

Surfcal

test test

Surfcal

It's quiet around here without Neff.  Hello...(echo) hello, hello.

Where did you go Neff?

Surfcal

P.S.  A year ago, at the Del Valle Rally, this photo was taken.  Just testing the system.

otter

Lake Chabot in Januray:  2 times makes it a tradition.
Works for me: I'm a traditional kinda person.  
echo   echo  echo

Ab Diver

Quote from: SurfcalIt's quiet around here without Neff. Hello...(echo) hello, hello.

Where did you go Neff?

Surfcal

Hey, (hey, HEY!) << Finding Nemo tie-in as an echo>>>

Neff? *NEFF*????? What does that make the rest of us, chopped Spam?

Speaking of Spam... love the avatar, Tania! Hehehehe

Haven't been able to check PUT much lately. Been working like a dog all week. And it's only gunna get worse before it gets any better. :mad: Speaking of dogs, the new puppy has me up earlier than usual each morning, on puppy-potty-patrol. And it's only gunna get worse before it gets any better. ;) Anybody know if I can get "Resolve" cheaper by the case?

Did manage to see the NNC web site is back up, and the Casini rally is now a part of our online heritage. Nice job, SactoMike (or is that NickCampers?)

BTW... aren't the only *dogs* allowed at "fufu" campgrounds called *poodles*?

Ab Diver-- who thinks having Lon give an Elephant Seal tour would be one of the coolest things ever!

Surfcal

Quote from: otterLake Chabot in Januray:  2 times makes it a tradition.
Works for me: I'm a traditional kinda person.  
echo   echo  echo

I second the motion.

How about January 19, 20 and 21

For more information:
http://www.ebparks.com/reservat.htm

For reservations, you have to call, (510) 636-1684

Surfcal

Picture below of last year's Negative Bouyancy Rally '02