News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

Neff, I have one word for you: ZAG.  You may already be familiar with that black 'n' yellow line of toolboxes/storage containers.  Their upright one on 2 wheels ("Mobile Work Center") is great, and only $25 at WalMart.

Re. my e-mail, even clicking on my name here brings up everything that works.  And it shoots to my freebie Yahoo address.  I tested it myself.  Strange.

BTW, I noticed the "flogging a dead horse" thread, so went to take a look.  The Easterners still haven't chosen a venue for their annual rally!  We'd probably have the same problem if we tried to encompass several states.  I wonder why they don't just break it down into their own individual states.

Did our Gold Rush Rally equal/surpass their 2003 turnout, with them coming from several states and us just coming from NNC?  :D

Hybrid Holly

listen to this one.  The RV resort we are staying at over Christmas at Lake Havasu has the following rules:

All RVs must have a 3" sewage hookup. No RVs older than 10 years unless approved by management. Tents are prohibited.

NOVEMBER 1 - MARCH 31 - During this time, the Resort maintains an adult atmosphere. While children are welcome, their use of facilities may be somewhat restricted due to planned adult activities. Visiting children must have adult supervision at all times.

Excessive use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.

What will we do for fun???

Nick

Hey check out this thread in the general forum to see Sacto "Defender of the Mini Van" in action.

http://www.arveeclub.com/showthread.php?t=50159&page=1&pp=20

Surfcal

Come on now Nick, Mini-vans have rights too and I am glad that there is someone out there defending mini-vans.

Surfcal

Ca-girl

Quote from: SurfcalCome on now Nick, Mini-vans have rights too and I am glad that there is someone out there defending mini-vans.

Surfcal
I own a mini-van....I love my mini-van.  Of course, I don't use it to pull anything except into traffic! :J

CA-girl

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Hybrid Hollylisten to this one.  The RV resort we are staying at over Christmas at Lake Havasu has the following rules:

All RVs must have a 3" sewage hookup. No RVs older than 10 years unless approved by management. Tents are prohibited.

NOVEMBER 1 - MARCH 31 - During this time, the Resort maintains an adult atmosphere. While children are welcome, their use of facilities may be somewhat restricted due to planned adult activities. Visiting children must have adult supervision at all times.

Excessive use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.

What will we do for fun???
This is exactly the kind of place I detest.  Maybe in 30 years from now when I'm half blind and driving a mega-bus towing a car with my wheel chair on the bike rack and I've grown to hate all kids ("who all are on drugs nowadays!").  Not my cup of tea at this particular time.
Probably good you'll be busy while you're there.  If you try and get me to play an invigorating game of B-I-N-G-O at Chabot because you discovered that it keeps the mind sharp while you were at this old-folks, er RV haven then I'm going to have to shake you & Pete out of it.  I also hope I don't see you 2 next with wrap-around sunglasses and loafers to ease the pain of your bunions, lol.
Please, please, while you're there shake up the management a bit with some rabble rousing by having more than 2 chairs outside of your rig.  They'll come down on you and Pete faster than you can say "Lillian Gish".
Seriously, have a great and safe trip!  Those are some crazy restrictions, especially having to get an over 10 year-old rig authorized to stay at their place.   :eek:    :)

SactoCampers

Quote from: SurfcalCome on now Nick, Mini-vans have rights too and I am glad that there is someone out there defending mini-vans.

Surfcal
Who's talkin' smack about minivans?:mad: ;)

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Ca-girlI own a mini-van....I love my mini-van.  Of course, I don't use it to pull anything except into traffic! :J

CA-girl
Tania -
You should have Brian inspect your mini-van to make sure you have the proper tire inflation and proper weight over your drive tire to ensure maximum accelaration while merging into traffic at 35 m.p.h..  As you accelarate in increments of 5 m.p.h., you then need to transfer weight from the floor of the third row seats towards the front row all while maintaining control of your vehicle.
Mini-vans are tricky and many people have turned into screaming soccer "sideline coaches" because of them.  Think of your children!  You're putting undue pressure on them at such a tender age.  Sell your mini-van before you lose the love of your children.  Besides, those sliding side entry doors scare me.  They have to be shut with such force.   :)  :cool:

Cottonwooder

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaBesides, those sliding side entry doors scare me.  They have to be shut with such force.   :)  :cool:
I assume you don't have sliding doors.  They are a blessing!  Now I don't have to worry about Rebec flinging the door open and slamming it into the car parked next to us.  I love my mini van/Mom-Mobile!

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: CottonwooderI assume you don't have sliding doors.  They are a blessing!  Now I don't have to worry about Rebec flinging the door open and slamming it into the car parked next to us.  I love my mini van/Mom-Mobile!
Patricia -
I was just RR'ing Brian as I saw he was briefly (ever so) online here.  There are only a few of us still hanging on here so whenever one of the Cough'ers who have all but forgotten us pops in I have to give 'em the business as quick as I can.   :D
Although I really do cringe whenever I watch one of those sliding doors getting slammed shut with little tender fingers nearby.   :(

SactoCampers

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaBesides, those sliding side entry doors scare me. They have to be shut with such force. :) :cool:
You need to stop trying to close them when you're drunk. You're not John Elway, you can't shut it across your body while walking in the opposite direction. Either that or start lifting some weights.

otter

Kelly

Quote from: otterI

otter

one humungous ('Burb) and one not-so humungous (Exploder) ... 'sides they plow through MN really well!![/color][/font]

my point exactly....
I'm sure you are just a mini[van driver in SUV clothes  ( If I could figure out how to turn on the smily faces, I would attach one here)
otter

OC Campers

I guess I will have to admit, we are mini-van people too.  In fact we have
2;) .  When you have 3 kids and a dog, the 4 door car just doesn't cut it.
Now I have to admit the Green monster (Astro Van) takes "the Hulk" to close the slider.  The kids have gotten muscles in their arms closing the door.  Our little Odyssey is also great.  The "dual" sliders are a mommy's dream.  Now if the Astro would just come out with 2 sliders.  Don't get me wrong, I would love an SUV but we have to fit 2 cars in the garage due to parking issues:(  plus I don't think the Odyssey could handle the Westlake very well.

Jacqui