News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SactoCampers

Quote from: SurfcalMy Volvo is doing just fine, and it also keeps my manicure from being mangled. But if any MV or SUV messes with her, then my 6000 lbs. 1985 GMC Sierra Classic all-steel frame all-American longbed pickup truck will come a-lookin' for the perpetrator. Any more questions about my station wagon?

Surfcal
You're just dating the truck, we all know the Volvo has won your heart. It's okay, you can come out of the closet now.

Ab Diver

Hey, everybody, we gots us a new member! "Dana" started a thread called "Olema", and asked if she could join us. Let's all give her a traditional NNC welcome!

BTW... speaking of traditional NNC welcomes.... We don't still do those blood initiation things anymore, do we? ;)

And just cuz I like dropping names.... I gets to see *Himself* this weekend! Yes, all you little people, some personal stuff has me day-trippin' down to our esteemed NNC webmaster's home town, so I gets to meet Nick at something other than a rally. Seeya Sunday, Bro.

Ab Diver--- who's Big-A** 1-ton truck (official NNC Land Yacht) is now on a diet and restricted to only two mini-vans a day.

Red neff Barchetta

Mike -
How many mini-vans were smeared on Daves front grill when he arrived today?   :D

Going to complete my outside carpet rear bumper storage tomorrow morning.  The sad part is that I'll then be all out of improvements that I want to do to the PU.   :(

My BAL Leveler is wrapped & under the tree so I can't even mess around with it.  Amy was already unhappy with me getting my hands on it a few weeks ago to measure it for dimensions for its wheel pads and storage box (which are finished and waiting), lol.  Better not push it so I'll leave it under the tree for 11 more days.

SactoCampers

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaMike -
How many mini-vans were smeared on Daves front grill when he arrived today? :D  .
He had to jettison them off the grille to save weight so he could make it to the next gas station. You know, vehicles like his are measured in gallons per mile.:D

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: SactoCampersHe had to jettison them off the grille to save weight so he could make it to the next gas station. You know, vehicles like his are measured in gallons per mile.:D
LOL!  Nice one Brian.   :)

Oh wait, my TV only gets 15 - 18 m.p.g. too.   :(

My oldest work van (1990 Dodge 250 cargo van) only gets 9 m.p.g.!   :eek:
Good thing we only use it for dump runs and other short trips!

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaGoing to complete my outside carpet rear bumper storage tomorrow morning.  The sad part is that I'll then be all out of improvements that I want to do to the PU.   :(

I could send the hybrid up to you for some upgrades!

towrod

Quote from: Hybrid HollyI could send the hybrid up to you for some upgrades!

This is great - Jeff is going to offer free mod and upgrades to our rigs at all the rallys.

WAY TO GO JEFF -

Hybrid Holly

White Trash Christmas -

http://www.toonedin.com/movies/WhiteTrashXmas.html

hmmmm...I think they are making fun of trailers in this!

Calstate361

Quote from: Hybrid HollyWhite Trash Christmas -

http://www.toonedin.com/movies/WhiteTrashXmas.html

hmmmm...I think they are making fun of trailers in this!

OH HOLLY, that was too funny.  I do think that our trailers look a lot better and we have classier stuff hanging from the awning.  I think I might have seen Dave (Ab Diver) lurking around there somewhere...

Joan

Red neff Barchetta

Off to work, but had to get a PU fix (however insignificant) for the day.

PUX is down.   :(

Can't wait for Chabot!   :)

Red neff Barchetta

Mike -
Did Dave ever show up?

Nick

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaMike -
Did Dave ever show up?
Yes and I made sure he took his medication.:)   Had a good visit with Dave, although he could not stay long due to the long drive home.  It was nice to see someone away from a rally and visit for awhile.

Red neff Barchetta

I just finished grouting my first ever tile floor in our garage entry/laundry area (42 square feet) & a small closet (6 s.f.) and had to tell someone.
Not as bad or scary as I imagined.
If anyone has been thinking about doing their own tile I say go for it.  I guess my hardwood flooring knowledge helped a little bit, but not much.  It's pretty straight forward and the tile saw (which I had never used before) was simple to operate.
Even used the PU's drill to screw down the "Hardibacker" underlayment board.
Total materials cost including tile saw rental was only $256.00.  Also installed a new laundry cabinet (over the washer & dryer) that we found at Home Depot for $57.00.
I'll seal the grout (bought pre-sealed tiles) on Friday morning and replace the washer & dryer Friday afternoon.  We achieved something rare around here this past Sunday.  That is, for a few hrs. anyway every clothes hamper in the house was empty in anticipation of having no washer & dryer this week.
I wouldn't try any vertical surfaces (back-splashes or shower walls) or large areas like a kitchen, but this small area was definitely manageable.

We've now replaced every square inch of flooring in the house except the kitchen.   :)   The previous owner had a new kitchen floor installed to put the house on the market.  We figure we'll let the kids trash it a few more years before replacing it.   :D

Back to work (& making money) tomorrow.  Hopefully the guys have done well without me these past 3 days.

otter

Well Done.  A grouter huh?  do you have to consume a few pints of stout to grout?  booooo   sorry.  I'm not on track today.  I just finished making 30 Dozen Christmas cut out Cookies.... Come on Christmas:  I am Ready!!!!
Happy holidays everyone

Red neff Barchetta

Thanks Dianne.   :)

No, I never mix work and brew.  Especially when there is a saw involved.   :eek:

30 DOZEN cookies?!  You've been busy.  Happy holidays to you also.  See you soon!

Good news - Found another PU mod. I want to do (thought I ran out the other day).   :)   I'm going to modify the tongue jack to be able to be used with either the hand crank or the drill.  Aaahhhh!  A mod. in progress.   :)  :)