News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Happy Holidays everyone!!   :)

Between work and fun I'm going to be swamped for a while.

See some of you at Chabot!  I'm ready for a campfire!   :)  :)

(this time should help slowly wean me of PUT as well   :( )

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaI just finished grouting my first ever tile floor in our garage entry/laundry area (42 square feet) & a small closet (6 s.f.) and had to tell someone.
Not as bad or scary as I imagined.
If anyone has been thinking about doing their own tile I say go for it.  

Jeff,
we are hoping to do some tile work next summer.  maybe you can come and supervise.

The Memory Maker

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaIf anyone has been thinking about doing their own tile I say go for it.

One of our planned projects in the new house for 2004 is to tile the front porch. The builders left the concrete very stained and an eyesore. Yet the model has beautiful slate which really gives the house nice curb appeal.
I'll have the great Scott go over this with you Jeff since you are now a pro.

Merry Christmas NNCers if I don't get another chance to pop in before the 25th to say so.

Mrs. TMM

Red neff Barchetta

Holly & Gen -

I am by no means a tile expert now, but it did go very easily for me so I'd be happy to give you any tips I might have that might help you guys out.
Like how I bought the pre-mixed "thin-set" (the stuff you trowel on to set the tiles into) and it was only $3.00 more than the dry stuff you have to mix yourself.
Gen -
Yours will be a snap since you don't have old flooring to remove, baseboards to remove & replace, & hardibacker board to install.  You probably just need to treat and/or rough up the concrete a bit and you're ready to go.

Well, I put a fan and a little space heater on the floor today to speed up the grout drying time and was able to seal the grout tonight (just finished a few minutes ago).  Just have to replace the washer & dryer tomorrow and I'm completely finished!   :)
The worst part was sealing the baseboards with Dap as it gets everywhere BUT the nail holes and between the top of the base & the wall.  I hate that job!  The guys and I all try and pass that along to each other at work with hardwood floors, lol.

Holly -
I read this last night and thought Pete might be interested;
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa006&colID=9&articleID=00031B30-EB2F-1FD3-A7EA83414B7F012C
You can't read the entire article online so if Pete wants the rest let me know & I'll bring the magazine to Chabot.
I just saw the "yellow line" this past Monday while out to dinner (I don't watch much football or tv) and then read an article on it last night.  Weird.
Weren't the Raiders playing a playoff game right down the hill on the Sunday of last years Chabot rally?  From what I've heard I don't think that will be the case this year.   :D

Btw, we're going to Sugarbowl next Tues. (23rd.) if you're interested.

gsm x2

No one posted to the NNC forum for the entire day of November 19, 2003.

Has an entire day ever gone by without a single post?  I don't think so.

Well, at least two days won't go by without a meaningful post.

Scott

Surfcal

Quote from: gsm x2No one posted to the NNC forum for the entire day of November 19, 2003.

Has an entire day ever gone by without a single post?  I don't think so.

Well, at least two days won't go by without a meaningful post.

Scott

Scott,

You are so right.  Everyday that PUT has been available and up, we've had a post.  We broke our own streak, the longest consistent posting streak for PUT forums.

Anyway, well done for putting together that whole streak.  It'll be another year before we break our own record.

Surfcal

P.S.  Although, I had nothing to say about tiles other than I think it's a "grout" idea.

Ab Diver

QuoteNo one posted to the NNC forum for the entire day of November 19, 2003.

I'da dun it, but I wuz just two bloody tired to check the forum after werk.

(yawn)

Is it Dec. 26th yet??????

Hope everybody is doing well. And yes, Joan, I dunno how it happened, but some of our family footage made it into that White Trash clip. Hey, we be famuz!

SactoCampers

Quote from: SurfcalP.S. Although, I had nothing to say about tiles other than I think it's a "grout" idea.
I don't know what this tiling thing is all a"grout". Maybe I should look into trying it.

abbear

Picture a very grumpy disoriented grizzly bear wearing his UPS browns sticking his head out of his cave.  He is tired, sore, wet and after a ton of 12 hour days with 230 + stops on his truck (with no helper) he doesn't really care what kind of holiday you have.  All he knows is that somewhere the sun is shining, people have families that they see on a daily basis, and people respect their elders (turning 50 in three weeks makes him wonder if he'll qualify as a junior elder).

Suddenly, he lets loose with a bloodcurdling scream. 'EVERYBODY POLKA!!!'. He doesn't know what it means - it just seemed right at the time.

Slowly he lumbers back into his brown cave.  The world breathes a sigh of relief.

Feliz Navidad, Dave, from my brown house to yours.

Cottonwooder

Quote from: SurfcalEveryday that PUT has been available and up, we've had a post. We broke our own streak, the longest consistent posting streak for PUT forums.
Oh geez, I was here that day, just didn't post.  Would have, had I known about that streak.  I thought we've had prior days here with no post.

Just finished watched the Grinch movie starring Jim Carrey.  Do you guys think he'd fit right in with our rallies, or is he too crazy/annoying even for us? :p

Ab Diver

QuoteFeliz Navidad, Dave, from my brown house to yours.
Right back at ya, Al!  Ok-- step back, dig in, and brace yourself. I got a feeling it's gunna be a wild ride these last three days.

To Everybody-- Just in case work and stuff keeps me off the puter....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

gsm x2

Quote from: CottonwooderJust finished watched the Grinch movie starring Jim Carrey.  Do you guys think he'd fit right in with our rallies, or is he too crazy/annoying even for us? :p

I would love to have Jim Carey join our rallies.  We've also talked about inviting Ellen DeGeneres and Robin Williams too, but not sure they could keep up with the HaHa Sisterhood.

gsm x2

g-whiz

Quote from: gsm x2I would love to have Jim Carey join our rallies. We've also talked about inviting Ellen DeGeneres and Robin Williams too, but not sure they could keep up with the HaHa Sisterhood.

gsm x2
Last time we went to Cachuma, I invited Oprah, but she was busy.  :(

Cottonwooder

Hope no one suffered any damage.  Nearly half an hour and my stomach is still queasy.

griffsmom

Quote from: CottonwooderHope no one suffered any damage. Nearly half an hour and my stomach is still queasy.
Hmmm...you're the second person who felt the earthquake.  Dave called me at work this morning and said that his office building (in Costa Mesa) was shaking.  I was sitting at my desk (in Fullerton) all morning and didn't feel a thing, but then again, I usually never do.  I've been known to sleep through some real humdingers that we've had in the past.  I think it must be a buiilt-in equilibriumizer that God installs in native Californians... ;)

Hope everyone is okay!