News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaBtw, we've got us a grandiose-super-duper-PU fanatic-mega-rally going on for July 2005 in CO.

It materialized in true NNC fashion - In a "Do you use the shower in your PU?" thread, lol.

I think we should seriously consider participating if this happens!

Lake Havasu was great.  Even the fancy campground with all the rules was great.   The fishing was....well, you will have to ask Pete about that!

Hybrid Holly

Hmmmmm....glad I am here talking to myself!  I guess this means the rest of you are all off doing something fun!

Nick

Quote from: Hybrid HollyHmmmmm....glad I am here talking to myself! I guess this means the rest of you are all off doing something fun!
It has been a little boring here lately.

Calstate361

Boy you two have got that right. I was off work and didn't read the boards from 12/18 until I returned to work on 12/29 and I didn't have 10 million pages to catch up on. This can get very disappointing. :confused:

Joan

6Quigs

Quote from: NickIt has been a little boring here lately.
It's all Jeff's fault :mad:

Where is he?
we need some of his dribble to keep us amused ;)

SCCS

Quote from: Hybrid HollyHmmmmm....glad I am here talking to myself!  I guess this means the rest of you are all off doing something fun!
If you call WORK fun. :p

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: 6QuigsIt's all Jeff's fault :mad:

Where is he?
we need some of his dribble to keep us amused ;)

Sorry to keep everyone in suspense to what I've been up to ( :D ).
We just returned from a fun extended w/e in my absolute favorite city in southern CA.
San Diego that is.  My in-laws live in one of the high-rises downtown which is about a 12 minute walk to the new ballpark (Padres) which opens next season.  Having always been a suburbanite, tall building living is fascinating to me.  Felt like I was in Hitchcock's "Rear Window".  The pool & hot tub (& trees!) are on the 4th. floor!  Walking the streets through the gas lamp area at night to dinner was a blast with all of the people and noises.  Walked down to the piers and took the trolly to Old Town for some great mexican food.  Went to the zoo - Amazing as always!  It was funny because you could tell the Oakland Raider thugs/fans (our very own Pete'ster being the exception of course) who were in town for Sundays game against the Chargers.  They walked around the zoo with snears on their faces.  The San Diego paper had a picture of a Chargers fan on the front page on Monday who had been at the game.  He and his girlfriend had signs pinned to them that said "Please don't stab me"!  Apparently a Raider fan stabbed a Charger fan the last time they played in San Diego!!  Crazy!
Arrived in Oakland to a downpour where we had to walk/run to our car at the furthermost point (of course (seemed like a nice bit of exercise when we arrived and it was sunny)) in the parking lot, lol.
I bought our 4 round trip tix back in August for $116.00 each.  A guy who sat next to me yesterday paid $123.00 for a one-way ticket he bought last week!
Amazing how companies gouge us during the holidays.

Work was a bummer today.   :(

I'm ready to camp though!!  17 days to go!!

Hope everyone is well and had safe travels!

Btw, if we don't get more of us sharing their dribble around here I'm going to quit!  Which is what you all are hoping for anyways isn't it?   ;)

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaBtw, if we don't get more of us sharing their dribble around here I'm going to quit!  Which is what you all are hoping for anyways isn't it?   ;)

Sorry about the absence of dribble around here Neff and everyone.  I can only take so much of mod questions and then I am bored.  If you have a one-sided trailer, it doesn't need that much mod, or at least, just half the effort.

It's the other guy that has the other end of my popup that really need to get crackin.'  He has a lot of work to do.  At least I got the wheels and the box part.

Surfcal

gsm x2

I don't want Jeff to quit, so I'll share some dribble.

I know that I need to follow my impulses.  For weeks before going to Cachuma, I had a huge impulse to buy a long telephoto lens.  There is a lot of wildlife in the area, especially if one rents a boat and goes to the far side of the lake.  But between Christmas and such, I controlled my urges.  I did buy a nice "low light" lens though.

So Sunday morning, SammySlave (a dribbleless member of NNC) and I go out before sunrise: he to go fishing; me to go shoot some photographs.  He waits patiently while I stand on a hill with the lake framed between two trees and watch for the "first glint of sun" over the distant hills.  We are treated to the sight of two osprey flying overhead with good-sized fish in their talons.

The sun glints; I shoot; we walk toward the car.  En route Larry catches a wonderful site to our right.  One Osprey is sitting on the top of a tree about 50-70 yards away with a freshly caught fish in its talons. The bird is facing into the raising sun, perfectly lighted and our view is unobstructed.  Every now and again, the fish gasps and wiggles, so the Osprey must spread its wings to keep its balance. And there I stand with a camera, a tripod, and an 80mm equivilant lens that just won't allow me to capture anything useful.  I walk to the car and get a pair of 10x binoculars, so at least Larry and I can get the wonderful images imbedded into our feeble brains.

For what its worth, G-Whiz forced me to buy a 75-300 lens yesterday. It should arrive tomorrow.

Thanks to G-Whiz's efforts, some of the other shots from that morning walk are here:
http://community.webshots.com/album/107664812OGyfbz

And the photos of the rally are here:
http://community.webshots.com/album/107654492SqfHFc

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

Well, I guess we've got to pay for stuff in our state somewhere.  You knew the car tax would spring up in other places.  This one just happens to affect Cough'ers.
I still say $25.00 a night for a family to camp is pretty darn cheap.

6Quigs

It was front page stuff in the San Jose Mercury News also.
Seacliff State Park goes from $26 a night to $39 a night :eek:
It's going to make private campgrounds seem a lot more inviting.

Nice photos Scott,
and yes, you do deserve the 70-300 lens :D

calstate360

Quote from: 6QuigsIt was front page stuff in the San Jose Mercury News also.
Seacliff State Park goes from $26 a night to $39 a night :eek:
It's going to make private campgrounds seem a lot more inviting.
Fishing Licences are also going to increase.
I get mine for free but have to pay for the tags
since I'm disabled. Also I get into the state parks for half price.
This sure makes my Thousand Trails and all their affiliates
more of a value!
At least camping is not as expensive as other forms of receration for a family.

Sal

otter

Happy New Year Everyone
And it is a wet one in Santa Cruz. Hope all is sunny and bright at your house.  

g-whiz

Quote from: otterHappy New Year Everyone
And it is a wet one in Santa Cruz. Hope all is sunny and bright at your house.
Happy New Year!!!

Ventura is sunny, cool, cloudy and breezy.  The ocean is flat so guess another storm has passed us by for now.  

Any interesting resolutions?  Anyone?