News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Z -
I noticed you were wondering about a camping club with a specific name brand in that clubs name.
I'll tell you what I know when we are chillin' next w/e.

g-whiz

Quote from: RTurner:eek: :eek:

To all HA HA Sisters-this trailer has a HUGE living room/cargo area and can we have some awesome flashlight campfires in there, with the ducted heat blowing gently to warm us, and the blender whirling in the background to stir the drinks. Party at my site at Olema.
Rojana, Congratulations on your new hybrid.  Scott and I love our pop-up but we are looking forward to his retirement when we will retire into something with (whispering) hardsides AND a full bathroom.  Hey, save me a seat by the "campfire"! :D

g-whiz

Quote from: SurfcalNeff and all:

I went to a party the other night and met a guy who is one of the organizers of a growing music phenomenon in the Bay Area. It's called Two Day Town, a Lollapalooza type of gathering where from Friday thru Sunday, bands of all genres come to Del Valle (NNC site of the 2002 Halloween Rally) near Livermore and hold a all weekend concert.

He was looking for volunteers, people to work the show. The event is a grassroots movement and it has not yet received widespread publicity, thus, at this point, only a small group of folks come to enjoy the festivities.

Here's a link I found of the event 2 years ago. http://www.eastbaymusicscene.com/t_z/2day02.html

I was interested in attending this. You can camp at the site and the overhead is covered. If any of you are interested in attending this, let me know and I can set you up. This year, the event is on the last weekend of April, Friday the 24th thru Sunday the 26th.

If we get a small group going, it could be one of the most unique rallies ever and also an annual ritual.

Surfcal
This looks interesting, however, I didn't see Rory and his Ravin' Raccoons listed as one of the bands.  ;) :D

Surfcal

Quote from: g-whizScott and I love our pop-up but we are looking forward to his retirement when we will retire into something with (whispering) hardsides AND a full bathroom.  Hey, save me a seat by the "campfire"! :D

Wow, it seems like there is a general "movement" in the group to go towards hard sides!  It's gonna be interesting in the next few years to see the composition of this popup club.

The type of sides will come and go, but Nick Neff Cough will keep on going.

Surfcal

Surfcal

Quote from: Y-GuyWow this is like the thread that won't die, started about a year ago... that must be some type of record in somebody's book.

Take care and keep camping

This thread is actually a thread that Red "Neff" PUX Barchetta started, but it is now credited to 6Quigs.  It's like the community center, the town square.

Good job Neff.

Surfcal

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: Y-GuyWe added a new family member to our family yesterday.  Nope didn't involve a third child and it most certainly did not mean getting a new tow rig, heck we up to 3 cars now thats enough for 2 drivers I think.

Yes the third member is a 11 month old  Border Collie named Charlie, though we're trying to get the kids to agree to a name change.  

Great addition Steve!  Gotta love those border collies (most of the time!)

SCCS

Congrat's, Ron and Rojana on the purchase of your new trailer.

6Quigs

So I was writing down where we have camped with our new hybrid and apart from our maiden trip to Tahoe, it goes like this
Capitola
Casini
Canyon RV
Cachuma
and are planning on going to the following
Chabot
Capitola
Casa de fruita
Coast village at Pismo

So it looks like we can only camp at places begining with C. So wagonmasters, please take this into consideration when planning future rallies ;)

calstate360

Quote from: 6QuigsSo I was writing down where we have camped with our new hybrid and apart from our maiden trip to Tahoe, it goes like this
Capitola
Casini
Canyon RV
Cachuma
and are planning on going to the following
Chabot
Capitola
Casa de fruita
Coast village at Pismo

So it looks like we can only camp at places begining with C. So wagonmasters, please take this into consideration when planning future rallies ;)
Ok how the heck do you spell Yosemite with a C.

Sal

RTurner

Quote from: calstate360Ok how the heck do you spell Yosemite with a C.

Sal

The "Come See Yosemite" Rally (at least it STARTS with a C)

Red neff Barchetta

Improved my kayak bilge pump water transfer system today.  It's worked superbly ever since I thought it up after our first trip way back when, but then recently I was describing it and an even better set-up hit me.  Now it really works well!  Can't wait until our next dry camping trip to give it a go.   :)

SCCS

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaImproved my kayak bilge pump water transfer system today.

Could you explain Julie. EER I mean JEFF.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: SCCSCould you explain Julie. EER I mean JEFF.
Pete -
I don't have the energy right now to re-type it so here is a link (or make that Linc   :D );
http://www.popupexplorer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7843&whichpage=1

ckkevin

Quote from: RTurnerSo my signature is changed, we went and looked, signed and are awaiting delivery.  Must rush to get this other lovely trailer out of the driveway prior to pick up. New one has lots of the goodies, all option packages and tons more room.  We did make sure to stay with the hybrid model (hard side too heavy), and that extra front bed sure makes a difference in space.

Many congrats on the new hybrid tb.  We purchased an Yamaha Big Bear ATV last weekend :) .  I am sure a toy box is in our near future as well.

RTurner

Quote from: ckkevinMany congrats on the new hybrid tb.  We purchased an Yamaha Big Bear ATV last weekend :) .  I am sure a toy box is in our near future as well.

Thanks, I am excited but a little nervous as we have only had one call so far to sell the other one.  Hope we didn't jump the gun too much.

My old memory is failing so if you want to send a private message as to where you live perhaps we can all meet for a day trip.  We do a lot of riding around at Folsom (good for the kids).
Congrats on your new toy-we've got 2 Suzuki's, Utility models, but DH sure likes to eye the Z400's.  Wonder if we can talk everyone into having a rally at Hollister where they can wake in the morning to the sound of really loud buzzing bees (the tow and four wheeled kind)?  Then we can rent out the bikes to subsidize the trip!