SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

Has anyone been to Ponderosa RV Resort?
http://www.ponderosarv.com/
Looks like it might be a nice place for a rally.
No I'm not volunteering, one a year is enough!
Sites back up to the American River.
Might just have to go check it out next week.
Sal

SactoCampers

Quote from: calstate360Has anyone been to Ponderosa RV Resort?
http://www.ponderosarv.com/
Looks like it might be a nice place for a rally.
No I'm not volunteering, one a year is enough!
Sites back up to the American River.
Might just have to go check it out next week.
Sal
Sal, there's two with similar names in the Coloma area. If it's the membership only park, then it's pretty good. The sites near the water are definitely better than the ones up front, but they may have that section closed off in the winter. Mrs. Sacto and I checked it out one winter to see if we wanted to transfer my parents membership. Turns out Ponderosa dropped reciprocating privileges with their campground membership. But it is a pretty nice place.

calstate360

Quote from: SactoCampersSal, there's two with similar names in the Coloma area. If it's the membership only park, then it's pretty good. The sites near the water are definitely better than the ones up front, but they may have that section closed off in the winter. Mrs. Sacto and I checked it out one winter to see if we wanted to transfer my parents membership. Turns out Ponderosa dropped reciprocating privileges with their campground membership. But it is a pretty nice place.
Argh my bad I didn't see it was a members only resort.:mad: Too bad it looks like a nice place with a lot of activities.
Sal

Surfcal

Hey, for all those that attended the very first NNC Rally at Bodega Bay, do you remember TentLady?  Well, click on the link and she's got a question or just stop by to say hi.

http://www.arveeclub.com/showthread.php?t=50812

Surfcal

Surfcal

Hey, for all those that attended the very first NNC Rally at Bodega Bay, do you remember TentLady?  Well, click on the link and she's got a question or just stop by to say hi.

http://www.arveeclub.com/showthread.php?t=50812

Or just go to the rally forum above.

Surfcal

RTurner

Where is everyone??

I know as the memberships come up soon, how many are renewing and how many not?  I will as I think the nominal cost is worth the information and the friendships gained here.

I got "Terry" all unloaded and need to just give it a good cleaning.  No serious bites yet, hopefully soon. Until you empty them out you sure don't realized how much you carry.  I ended up with 5 storage containers, one big box and misc. other stuff-that doesn't even include food for a trip.  

Redneck moment from one of the potential buyers-"I see it says Hybrid, does that mean it will run on gas or electric".  I wanted to say "DUH"!

We are so excited about picking up the new trailer next weekend, got our Maiden voyage all planned.  Our neighbors are taking our other trailer if it's not sold and we have 7 kids going overnight.  KOA will make a fortune on their child surcharge.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: RTurnerWhere is everyone??
Redneck moment from one of the potential buyers-"I see it says Hybrid, does that mean it will run on gas or electric".  I wanted to say "DUH"!
LOL!!!   :D
That's a classic Rojana!  You should post that over at HYX.
My local goofball dealer (the actual owner (whose last name is Coleman, but no relation)) first heard the term "Hybrid" from me.  I think she thought I was talking about a hybrid vehicle also.  They now carry Rockwood Roo's and I noticed their website now calls them Hybrid's instead of "Expandable TT's".

I'm around, but very busy right now with catching up on work from the down time from the flu, I did an advertising blitz and am now busy with that, and we are looking at another rental to buy so busy looking at places.  I swear I was never as messy as a renter as most renter's now seem to be!   :eek:
Our dishwasher died so we went out today and bought one.  They had to order it so we will be hand washing dishes for another 2 weeks.  It's kind of fun though because it takes Amy & I back to our starving student days (when a burrito was considered extravagant) when we lived in a pool house (the pool was empty) for 10 months and had 1 sink, 1 toilet, a make-shift shower, a dorm/hotel style fridge, a toaster oven, & a Coleman stove (which we still take camping btw).
Fun times now that I look back on it.

Have fun camping in the fantastic new rig!  Report back after your maiden voyage.
Looks like we can't get out for a few more weeks.

g-whiz

Hey Rojana!  We're around, just busy riding trains, planes and automobiles!  Yes, we will remain around and will remain members of PUT.  I still think it's a great communication tool and good for some occasional RR too.  Have a great maiden voyage with your new gas and electric TT!  :D

Red neff Barchetta

So our oldest (9) DS is doing a report (& a pamphlet & model, whew!) of Mission San Rafael Arcangel (4th grade - CA history) which is obviously in San Rafael.  Since we are close by we took a trip there this morning to get some hands on knowledge, pic's., & notes.  The PU link is that parked on 5th. St. (where the Mission is located) right near our car were 3 PU's from AZ (taking up 6 parking spots much to the annoyance of the locals, lol).  Of course I had to say hello and found out that they were all retired folks touring around this area.  I mentioned getting drills for popping-up & down and they all gave the same look I'm sure I had when someone first mentioned it to me.  I bet they have already found a Home Depot and bought 3 drills by now as well as found a place to cut a slot in a deep socket.  Well, I mentioned NNC and they actually checked out our website (& were impressed!) before they left home and were still researching their trip.
They can't find any groups like ours in AZ, but wish they could.
They are staying at Casini for the next 3 days and then heading up towards Mendocino.  I asked if I could tag along, but Amy said no.   :(

Side note to Dianne/Otter -
The docent at the Mission was extremely helpful and very friendly.  Gave us a ton of imformation and told fun & interesting stories that kept everyone's attention.
We thought of Lon.   :)

RTurner

To 6Quigs and Otter, (any other NNC'ers close by)
We will be kinda close to your neighborhoods this weekend (Sat. night to Sunday).  If you want to pop over to the KOA by the coast let me know, would love to give a grand tour and have guests for dinner.

zymomyz

We interupt this thread to bring you an extremely important news link:

http://www.popupexplorer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8152

Be afraid, be very afraid ... :D

Nick

Well, no new PU after all.  After a week of back and forth haggeling over the terms we could not agree.  So much for that idea.  At least we still have a nice PU so its not a big deal.

otter

Quote from: RTurnerTo 6Quigs and Otter, (any other NNC'ers close by)
We will be kinda close to your neighborhoods this weekend (Sat. night to Sunday). If you want to pop over to the KOA by the coast let me know, would love to give a grand tour and have guests for dinner.
We actually will be in Santa Cruz this coming weekend.  If you get over to the Boardwalk/Wharf let us know and we'll keep an eye out for you.
I have never been to the Koa there and would like to check it out.  Maybe we can work something out.
Quigs???? what are you upto this weekend???  I have your table cloths and I have Margaret's case of  "Udderly Smoooooooth!"  
Let me know if we can all get together.

Red neff Barchetta

Congratulations to Mike & Brian!!!!   :J

Dave (PUT) apparently thinks so highly about the NNC site that he listed it first on PU sites to check out.

(page 24 of the latest PUT issue - vol. 6, # 6 (arrived today))

Good job guys!!   :)

SCCS

I'm still waiting for mine. :(