News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g-whiz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWell, I had a real 3-Stooges morning;
2 of the guys were at a job (winery in Healdsburg) this morning parked near the tasting room where they were working. A concrete truck parked in front of the work van somehow started to roll - right into the van! :eek: Then the pour chute for the concrete swung around and dumped about a yard of wet cement into the driver's window of the van, lol! :( Don't worry, I got plenty of pictures.
Also looks like I'm going to get a new van out of the fiasco. Luckily it was our oldest van so this could work to my benefit when all is settled.
Sure messed up my morning though. All I can do is laugh though since it wasn't our fault.
Crazy! :D
Jeff, are you sure you weren't on a Hollywood set?  ;)   I'm glad you're laughing.  If it will be funny tomorrow or even next week, it's funny now.  Somebody famous said that, but I have no idea who.

Ab Diver

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWell, I had a real 3-Stooges morning; (snip)
 A concrete truck parked in front of the work van somehow started to roll - right into the van! :eek: Then the pour chute for the concrete swung around and dumped about a yard of wet cement into the driver's window of the van, lol! :(

OMG! I'm suprised something like that didn't make the evening news. That's the kind of stuff TV stations LOVE to report. You did, of course, sign your initials in the wet 'crete, right?

So why ya getting rid of the van? A little thing like a yard of concrete shouldn't affect the tow rating THAT much.  ;)

BTW... You sure Jimmy Hoffa wasn't sitting behind the wheel of your van at the time?

Unregistered

I sure do love technology.  I got a new laptop today and then set up a wireless home network.  So here I sit on my back porch freezing my butt off enjoying a rum and coke and smoke.  

Of course I started configuring the darn thing at this afternoon and just finshed but at least I can do it now.

Red neff Barchetta

Nice "Otter" Ray or Mike.   :D
Congrat's. on going wireless.

The new pink background is really making my eyes hurt.   :(   I'm outta here.

"Violet!  You're turning violet Violet!"

calstate360

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaAlso found out we lost my SIL, BIL, 3 nieces, and 1 nephew. :(
To the extreme darkside! :D They bought a mega-bus. It's a monster! They even tried to suck us in by selling us their 5'er, but not to worry, we resisted.
They just don't understand how much we enjoy the PU.
We should be a funny sight with the bus and the PU parked side by side during the 5 trips we are taking together this summer. Although how they think they'll get that monster to French Meadows reservoir or Lake Davis is beyond me. I'll be sure to be in front in case they get stuck on the dirt roads into the cg's. Lake Davis doesn't even have water at the cg (but it has poison and floating fish in the lake, ha)! But that's another story for another time. Besides, I think I've got that figured out (- I sure hope so as it's a 5 night trip! :eek: )

Anyway, be sure to give them the business as they'll be at the Yosemite rally.
Oh who am I kidding! By then you'll probably find me plopped down in front of their big screen plasma tv with a cocktail. :cool:
I hope they bought one with a sat. dish as reception at Yosemite ranges none to worse than none.:J

Sal

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaThe new pink background is really making my eyes hurt.   :(   I'm outta here.

"Violet!  You're turning violet Violet!"

I'm telling you Neff, it's those flashbacks from all the concerts past.

Surfcal

otter

Surfcal[/QUOTE]
This is the pink they use in the Calm Down rooms at juvie.
There is a message there somewhere.

Surfcal

Quote from: otterSurfcal
This is the pink they use in the Calm Down rooms at juvie.

Well, nonetheless, Happy VD everyone.

Surfcal

VD=Valentine's Day

Nick

Quote from: SurfcalWell, nonetheless, Happy VD everyone.

Surfcal
Ray, can VD be happy?:(

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: otterThis is the pink they use in the Calm Down rooms at juvie.
AAAhhhhh, so that's where I recognize that ghastly color from.   :D
Well it appears to have worked as I am calmed down, but now I have a terrible itch starting up.   :eek:  :(

Red neff Barchetta

And now for a clean and sterile question;
Has anyone here ever stayed at or visited Donner Memorial SP?
We might stay there this summer for a quick one-night'er as we pass by, but hate to find out you can be eaten alive

by bugs (!) or something like that.

Red neff Barchetta

We took a bunch of 9 & 10 year-old's to an indoor rock climbing place for our oldest's birthday yeterday.
If you haven't considered it before you should.  What a great motivational and inspirational experience for them & us!  Although my fingers and hands are feeling the after affects this morning I'll tell ya!  But it's a good hurt.

See many of you in less than 2 weeks!

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWe took a bunch of 9 & 10 year-old's to an indoor rock climbing place for our oldest's birthday yeterday.
If you haven't considered it before you should.  What a great motivational and inspirational experience for them & us!  Although my fingers and hands are feeling the after affects this morning I'll tell ya!  But it's a good hurt.

See many of you in less than 2 weeks!

It's good to turn the tables and drive the kids up the wall once in a while.

Surfcal

gsm x2

Thanks Ray.  I had a nice VD one time, but a couple shots of penicillin took care of it.   :rolleyes:

Seriously G and I spent the 13th on Santa Cruz Island hiking our bu**s off to get to this place.

Pretty windy, but it got nice at the end of the day.

gsm x2

Nick

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaAnd now for a clean and sterile question;
Has anyone here ever stayed at or visited Donner Memorial SP?
We might stay there this summer for a quick one-night'er as we pass by, but hate to find out you can be eaten alive

by bugs (!) or something like that.
Jeff,  I have been there many times as its close to my home town (Reno).  I have not camped there but they are very nice campgrounds.  Make sure you fget a reservation if they take them.  Last time I tried to camp there I arrived  Friday evening and the sites were full.  The visitors center is cool and shows a great movie on the Donnor Party.  The lake is nice for swiming too.  If I remember they have a beach at the campground.  You can also rent paddle boats and that type of thing.