News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Quote from: birolThis thread got deleted ????? Only 4 pages ??? How unfortunate for you Nick-Neff-Cough'ers  :D  :D  :D  

Now I make good with my escape and never come back here :)

I think Birol must have set his "posts per page" to 700 or something like that.

Or he was just rabble rousing us.

gsm x2

6Quigs

Quote from: birolThis thread got deleted ????? Only 4 pages ??? How unfortunate for you Nick-Neff-Cough'ers  :D  :D  :D  

Now I make good with my escape and never come back here :)
Nick,
stop messing with Birol and set it back so he can read all 145 pages,

or else he just might never come back here :eek:

Hey Birol, nice of you to stop by for a visit.  :W

birol

:Oops:  :Oops:  :Oops:

IT IS 290 plus pages, where was I looking :) Nice go ! Foot in the mouth big time ! Great ! I am really gone now. I can't even tease you guys. :rolleyes:

Nick

Quote from: birol:Oops: :Oops: :Oops:

IT IS 290 plus pages, where was I looking :) Nice go ! Foot in the mouth big time ! Great ! I am really gone now. I can't even tease you guys. :rolleyes:

Birol,
Hope your "shoo" isnt too big for your mouth.:D

birol

Nope, I have really small feet for my size, so it fits in nicely :)
Quote from: NickBirol,
Hope your "shoo" isnt too big for your mouth.:D

Still sleeping eh, that is why the eastern part of the country is so developed, technologically advanced, and the west is sort of laid back, wasting all the time camping and at the beaches :)

Ok now I am really ducking and running.

Disclaimer : I am not a thread killer, but sometimes it happens :)

Red neff Barchetta

Damn my DW for being a science teacher!   :D
She obviously gets quite a bit of science news sent to school & home.  Well, today I was thumbing through a weekly magazine that arrived called "Science News" and holy "cow" am I glad I don't eat meat!  (Remember, I do it for health reasons not because I love animals.)  Anyway, if the general public knew what was fed to cattle and APPROVED by the FDA, well let's just say that I bet alot of them would quit eating beef.   :eek:

If anyone wants the gory details click below.  If like me, you wish you never knew then don't click below;
http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2004pres/20040126.html

Btw, this is not intended to insult or attack anyone as I have absolutely no problem with killing animals for food.  I just thought it was interesting & scary.

birol

I agree with you, it is sickening. Back in Turkey I had to analyze the operations of  the biggest cattle factory ( :Oops: ) in Turkey, brand name, very clean etc .... where the animals entered from one side, and nothing exited from the other site (well very little bit). During the analysis, I learned what happens at each stage, and some of the steps were plain disgusting as an end result for reasons I won't go into detail.  

Do I still eat red meat, yeah I do, not as much as I used to though ..... The article is worth reading and very enlightining ..... yeeeeeeekkkkk, I didn't have to remember this, maybe it is better I did, as I shouldn't really eat red meat anymore, hypertension, and slightly high collesterol levels, need to loose weight ...

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaDamn my DW for being a science teacher!   :D
She obviously gets quite a bit of science news sent to school & home.  Well, today I was thumbing through a weekly magazine that arrived called "Science News" and holy "cow" am I glad I don't eat meat!  (Remember, I do it for health reasons not because I love animals.)  Anyway, if the general public knew what was fed to cattle and APPROVED by the FDA, well let's just say that I bet alot of them would quit eating beef.   :eek:

If anyone wants the gory details click below.  If like me, you wish you never knew then don't click below;
http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2004pres/20040126.html

Btw, this is not intended to insult or attack anyone as I have absolutely no problem with killing animals for food.  I just thought it was interesting & scary.

SCCS

You should see what they feed chickens. Foster Farms is one of the largest poultry business in the U.S. and it is right in my back yard.I won't list any detail now as everyone is still thinking about the beef story.
 Anyone for tofu?

g-whiz

Jeff, that is exactly why I ask the good Lord's blessing before I eat any meal!

SactoCampers

I thought all meat came on plastic plates with celophane wrapping? You mean it starts out as something else?? Somethings are better left undiscovered. I think meat products fall into this category. Jeff, knowing what you know (and what I avoid discovering) I'd be a vegetarian too if I didn't like the taste so much. I'm Sactocampers, I live on the edge, I eat meat :D .

gsm x2

Jeff---and what do you think they feed carrots and lettuce?  Think about it. :eek: gsm x2

SactoCampers

Quote from: gsm x2Jeff---and what do you think they feed carrots and lettuce? Think about it. :eek: gsm x2
LMAO!!

Hi five, Scott!

We drove past Ventura on Sunday and Mrs. Sacto and I thought of you and G-Whiz. Unfortunately, we were on our way to San Luis and knew we wouldn't be able to visit. Also got stuck in real bad traffic on 101 in Ventura county addding to our delay....on a Sunday. I though it would be bad in the opposite direction.Obviously there's no such thing as reverse commute down in SoCal. I can understand why you like Ventura though. Nice area, but the offshore oil rigs obstruct the view ;) .

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: SCCSYou should see what they feed chickens. Foster Farms is one of the largest poultry business in the U.S. and it is right in my back yard.I won't list any detail now as everyone is still thinking about the beef story.
 Anyone for tofu?
Gotta hand it to the chicken farms though.  They found someone (cattle farmers) who would take all the stuff on their floors and pay them for it.  Shovel it ALL up, put it in a bucket, sell it to the cattle farms for feed.   :eek:  :(
Again, I truly don't give a darn about the cows, but that is nasty to feed to any animal!
Pure genious I tell ya!  Kind of like how the dairy farmers figured out what to do with the waste by-product whey.

And at least I can wash off all of the poop that the vegetables are grown in!   :D

Brian -
Good to see you back.   :)
Did you decide to stay at nearby Samuel P. Taylor SP for the Olema rally?  We want to see your Hybrid.

Birol -
I bet that wasn't much fun working there.

gsm x2

Quote from: SactoCampersLMAO!!

Hi five, Scott!

We drove past Ventura on Sunday and Mrs. Sacto and I thought of you and G-Whiz. Unfortunately, we were on our way to San Luis and knew we wouldn't be able to visit. Also got stuck in real bad traffic on 101 in Ventura county addding to our delay....on a Sunday. I though it would be bad in the opposite direction.Obviously there's no such thing as reverse commute down in SoCal. I can understand why you like Ventura though. Nice area, but the offshore oil rigs obstruct the view ;) .
Sacto--thanks for thinking of us...sorry you couldn't swing by to say, "Hi."  Actually we drove to Westlake to see "House of Sand and Fog."  Oh, my, what a great, but depressing movie.

In Orange County, the intersection of the I-5 and I-405 is called the Orange Crush by the traffic reporters.  In Oxnard, there is a campaign afoot to call that construction area by the bridge, "The Strawberry Jam" in honor of the traffic that is almost always there and the local strawberry growers.

Scott

Kelly

Quote from: gsm x2Sacto--thanks for thinking of us...sorry you couldn't swing by to say, "Hi."  Actually we drove to Westlake to see "House of Sand and Fog."  Oh, my, what a great, but depressing movie.

Scott

Scott ~

That's what I thought, too.  Beautifully acted, but what a depressing story ... and I don't often say this, but the movie was almost as good as the book ...