News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Oooh!  Brain blast;

If your WH was empty then the water pump was first filling it up (6 gallons) before it would let water go to the sink &/or outside shower.

Hmmm.  What could it be?

We all await Dave's answers.

Red neff Barchetta

Well, I've waited long enough.   :D

I'll check in tomorrow if I get the chance.

Ab Diver

Dave, it helps if you put the drain plug back in the water tank.

(ducking)

Surfcal

Well,

We've yet to hear from other experts, 6Quigs, SCCS and Z...

Surfcal

zymomyz

Quote from: SurfcalWell,

We've yet to hear from other experts, 6Quigs, SCCS and Z...

Surfcal

Jeff hit all the basic stuff. And, I hate to have to admit it here, but the water system is my weakest subject - don't normally drink it  :rolleyes:

Ab Diver

Ok, Dave, serious answer this time---- for some reason your pump is spinning it's wheels instead of moving water. I'm not exactly sure where your pump is located, but it's probably under the slide-out dinette like on my Bayside (Utah Floorplan). You'll need to remove the metal footguard on the front of the dinette so you can access it.

First, pull the intake water line off the pump, and unscrew, remove, and check the filter, it might be clogged with "gunk". (You may be grossed out to see what can grow on one of these filters)  If so, clean it and try the pump again. If not, turn the pump on for just a second or two and place your finger over the inlet. Can you feel suction at the pump intake? If not, you got a bad pump. If so, you got a plugged water line somewhere, either before or after the pump. Fill the tank enough so the water intake is covered with a couple inches of water. Turn the pump on. Is water getting *to* the pump? If not, you got a blocked water line before the pump.  Next, disconnect the water line after the pump, and point it into a pan. Turn the pump on for a second. Is water coming out of the pump? Good. Now track down the obstruction downstream.

Jeff's comments regarding the water heater were spot on.

There's only so many things that can go wrong with a system this simple. Either the pump is bad, or something is preventing it from doing it's job. Also, trying to run the pump *while* you are filling the tank can result in air being pulled into the water lines from the bubbles caused by the water filling the tank, causing "vapor lock", and the pump just sits and spins.

Hope that gets your problem solved, Bro.

champ521

The first thing I did was fill the water heater by connecting a hose and opening the hot water knob on the outside shower until water started spraying out. After that I closed the knob. Then I used the hose to completely fill the fresh water tank. I went inside, turned on the pump and opened both of the hot and cold faucet handles on the inside sink. The pump was cycling but no water. I turned off the faucet on the inside and went back out to the shower. I could still hear the pump running even though no faucets were open. I opened both hot and cold on the shower and no water. I left them open for a couple of minutes with the pump running the whole time. I was a little concerned about the pump running so long so I turned it off. I had no idea where to look for the pump so I came home and posted here.

Today I also solved the problem I was having with the electrical connection to the tow vehicle by trimming down an emery board and filing on the inside of the plug on the PU. Then I cleaned some mildew off the awning and also removed the center pole ala Quigs. What a pain that was.

6Quigs

Looks like Neff and Ab have pointed you to all the obvious solutions that you should try first, but here are a few more.

1. Are you sure there is water in the tank?
2. Are you sure you actually turned the faucet on?
3. Are you sure the outside shower is not turned on, and water is flowing down the outside?
4. Are you sure all the drain-valves are closed?
5.Are you sure you do not have a burst pipe somewhere and water is flowing out from under a cabinet or the dinette. One way you will know this for sure is the floor will be wet!
6.How many Cours did you drink today?

6Quigs

Quote from: champ521I had no idea where to look for the pump so I came home and posted here.

O.K. looks like you will have to resort to Ab Divers check list.The Pump in the Colemans, are located under the floor of the slide out dinette. The access the pump, you will have to unscrew 4 screws that are holding the metal top edge of the kichplate. Once you undo the 4 screws, you should be able to pull off the metal strip, and the attached wood kickplate, giving access to the pump.
Let us know how you get on, as I am sure Neff is very worried about your pump.

champ521

I really appreciate all the help with my pump problem. I was looking all over and under for that thing. I never thought to look behind a metal plate.

Red neff Barchetta

I'm considering getting a metal plate installed in my forehead so I can crush beer cans (have to use Dave's empty Coor's cans since I drink bottled beer) ala John Belushi.

Well, it sounds like you've got vapor lock my friend.  You're obviously eating too much bread.  Have a bran muffin and that should clean you out in no time.

As far as your water pump goes, you should do a search on PUX and you'll find many remedies for vapor lock (that is if the bran muffin doesn't work).

Glad we can help you through this difficult time.   :D

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: champ521I really appreciate all the help with my pump problem. I was looking all over and under for that thing. I never thought to look behind a metal plate.

Hey Dave (Champ),
Are you off work this week?

Unregistered

Okay, all together now, Nick, Neff & Cough!

Where have all the posters gone, long time passing?
Where have all the posters gone, long time ago?
Where have all the posters gone?
Young girls have picked them everyone.
Oh, when will they ever learn?

With wishes of melody and harmony,
Surfcal

g-whiz

Quote from: UnregisteredOkay, all together now, Nick, Neff & Cough!

Surfcal
Otter???  Is that you????

gsm x2

Quote from: UnregisteredOkay, all together now, Nick, Neff & Cough!

Surfcal
If I had a poster
I'd poster in the morning
I'd poster in the evening ... all over this land,
I'd poster out danger
I'd poster out a warning
I'd poster out love between all of my brothers and my sisters