Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Civil_War_Buff

3000 3000 3000 3000 3000 3000 3000

"It's not just a post, it's an adventure" USNavy

gsm x2

I am at a conference on Public Sector Labor Law in San Francisco.  I had every intention of "networking and mingling last night."  But as I drove up I thought, "Oh heck with it...I'm going to try to see Ray."  It worked out...thanks to G posting a note to him on PUT.

FLIP

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Civil_War_Buff3000 3000 3000 3000 3000 3000 3000

"It's not just a post, it's an adventure" USNavy
Alright Larry!  One of the lost NNC post'ers comes through for #3000!   :)

Btw, not Civil War related, but my DS has been reading up on the presidents and pointed out last night that 3 of the first 5 presidents died on the 4th of July.  2 of them died the same year also.  Weird.

Scott -
Nice flip with #3001!  This new board messed everything up with the post #'s.

Red neff Barchetta

Kevin -
You might have to wait until Saturday night to see the 5 planets.  That strange watery stuff is supposed to fall from the sky tonight & tomorrow night.
Do check it out though, it's quite a sight.  Won't happen again for at least another 30 years.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: gsm x2
I am at a conference on Public Sector Labor Law in San Francisco.  I had every intention of "networking and mingling last night."  But as I drove up I thought, "Oh heck with it...I'm going to try to see Ray."  It worked out...thanks to G posting a note to him on PUT.

FLIP

gsm x2
If you guys went to "The 21st Amendment" then I'm jealous!   :)
Glad you guys hooked up.  Welcome to northern CA Scott!   :)

Surfcal

Okay, for you nostagia buffs, guess what song this is!

I'd like to teach the world to post
In perfect harmony
I'd like to post it in P-U-T
And keep it N-N-C
(That's the post I read)
I'd like to see the mods for once
(Let the world post today)
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the threads
For peace throughout the land
That's the post I read
(That's the post I read)
Let the world post today
(Let the whole wide world keep posting)
A post of peace that echoes on
And never goes away

Adapted to NNC by:  Surfcal
Happy 3000th Posts Anniversary to all us us!!!!  Yay!

Red neff Barchetta

Bravo!  Good one Ray.   :)
I think we should all stand in the shape of a tree & hold candles while we sing that one.

That advertisement always cracked me up.  If only everyone would buy one of our Coca Cola's then we could achieve world peace.  Yeah right.  The CEO of Coca Cola could achieve a few more homes & yachts, lol.

Red neff Barchetta

How about;
"My camping group has a first name
it's N-i-c-k ..."

Or are we more like Spam than bologna?

Nick

How about

"It takes a village to raise a post" :)

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: gsm x2

FLIP

gsm x2

Who's The girl? She seems very happy to be in the picture!

6Quigs

Quote from: Hybrid HollyWho's The girl? She seems very happy to be in the picture!
Even the guy waving behind her seems very happy too.
Guess they were all happy to see TOS

towrod

A post is a post of course, of course.....
To post or not to post, that is the question.
A post by any other name would read as sweet.

Trash talking, or flaming
= post toasties

Thread killer
= post mortem

Low feeling you get when unable to read PUT
= post partum depression

Out of control ranting and raving
= going postal

Someone that makes a habit of going postal
= posterior

Stunned state after reading a "going postal" post
= post traumatic stress disorder

Surfcal

Quote from: towrodA post is a post of course, of course.....
To post or not to post, that is the question.
A post by any other name would read as sweet.

Trash talking, or flaming
= post toasties

Thread killer
= post mortem

Low feeling you get when unable to read PUT
= post partum depression

Out of control ranting and raving
= going postal

Someone that makes a habit of going postal
= posterior

Stunned state after reading a "going postal" post
= post traumatic stress disorder

And Towrod, the post phrase that beats 'em all especially in this election year...

"Post 9/11 world."

Surfcal

pcmom

Hello Everyone,

Just popping in to say HELLO!!!   Life has been very hectic for us and hasn't allowed any time for camping :-(  We are hoping to make it to some of the upcoming rallies.  We are checking our calendar to see which ones we can make it to.  

6Quigs -  I haven't forggotten about you - since my last email to you our son was admitted to the hospital and was there for 3 days.  Anyway, he is home and all is ok - thankfully.  I will be emailing you in the next day or so regarding Pismo Beach.

Surfcal - I finally got that "ad" video done for our school.  Everyone seemed to like it.  I would love for you to critique it for me though - let me know when/if you have time.  Now I'm working on 2 more videos - one for school and one for cub scouts!!

Well, I better run, it's time to get kids from school.  I'll try to pop in more often.

Michelle

gsm x2

Quote from: Hybrid HollyWho's The girl? She seems very happy to be in the picture!
This is Ray's regular hang-out.  Everyone knew him when we walked in.  Kind of like walking into Cheers with Norm if you know what I mean.

The girl is one of the bartenders, who the bartender taking the picture called into the scene.  Funny thing, the camera actually focussed on her.  It took some post (there's that word again) processing to get Ray and I even a little bit in focus
BTW....thanks for the mood rain today in SF.
OK--BTW also.   I am posting this on a WebTV unit in the hotel.  It's odd to navigate around, but considerable better than dealing with dial-up on a slow laptop.
Another NNC first.
gsm x2