Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Quote from: Hybrid HollyHello,
Is There Anybody Out There?

Me and Roger Waters were just wondering?

Okay, since no one is discussing anything and I have no mods to share with anyone, here's a random comment.

So, this is where it gets exciting in Survivor.  There are only 5 people left.

You have Jenna, Rupert, Big Tom, Amber and Rob.  My guess is Jenna gets voted out next.  The rest is up for speculation.

Surfcal

gsm x2

Quote from: SurfcalOkay, since no one is discussing anything and I have no mods to share with anyone, here's a random comment.

So, this is where it gets exciting in Survivor. There are only 5 people left.

You have Jenna, Rupert, Big Tom, Amber and Rob. My guess is Jenna gets voted out next. The rest is up for speculation.

Surfcal
I predict the Lakers will beat the Houston Rockets in the playoffs.  They might even blow out the last game in the last half.

Scott

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: gsm x2I predict the Lakers will beat the Houston Rockets in the playoffs.  They might even blow out the last game in the last half.

Scott

I agree with the Jenna pick, but not so sure about Kobe, Shaq and the gang.  Houston looked pretty touch in round one.  

I would love to see the Kings and Lakers both advance, so I can go watch those games!

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: Hybrid HollyI agree with the Jenna pick, but not so sure about Kobe, Shaq and the gang.  Houston looked pretty touch in round one.  

I would love to see the Kings and Lakers both advance, so I can go watch those games!

Oh, and Scott, glad you didn't mention the last Dodgers and Giants series.  Ouch.

champ521

Quote from: Hybrid HollyOh, and Scott, glad you didn't mention the last Dodgers and Giants series.  Ouch.

The Giants will be lucky if they go .500 this season. There's a conspiracy to get Barry the home run record as quickly as he can in that Giants uniform. The only way he can hit home runs is if he gets pitches to hit. The only way he's gonna get pitches is if the Giants are well behind. The only way the Giants will be behind is if managment is not spending money on good players/pitchers. Think about it.

gsm x2

Quote from: champ521The Giants will be lucky if they go .500 this season. There's a conspiracy to get Barry the home run record as quickly as he can in that Giants uniform. The only way he can hit home runs is if he gets pitches to hit. The only way he's gonna get pitches is if the Giants are well behind. The only way the Giants will be behind is if managment is not spending money on good players/pitchers. Think about it.
Or surround him with excellent hitters.

Little known trivia.  How many intentional walks did Roger Maris have the year he broke Babe Ruth's single season home run record?

Answer:  Not one.  Maris hit third in the line-up; Mickey Mantle hit fourth.  No team would walk Maris to pitch to Mantle.  Wouldn't Barry like a Mantle hitting behind him?

gsm x2

6Quigs

Wonder why it is so quiet here this weekend.

Is there a Rally going on that I'm not aware of?

gsm x2

Kevin,

Didn't you get your invitation???

Actually I think a few people are having alone time with their families and didn't post where they were going to avoid having a Wagonmasterless Rally.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

We're around, sort of.  Busy w/e.

Just about to order an electric tongue jack (ala Kevin) and an LED stepper door step light & an LED porch light mod. kit.

Camping is soon!!   :)   The boys are excited about riding The Skunk Train.

Hope everyone is well.

SactoCampers

We just returned from the Santa Cruz KOA. Went to the Aquarium in Monterey, relaxed, had fun.

The KOA is nice...but expensive. They put in a brand new play structure and new sand in their huge sand pit right when we arrived. The place is expensive(!), but Laguna Seca had a race that weekend :yikes:  so we couldn't go there. It was also a girl scout rally with god knows how many 9-12 year old girls running around and screaming.

Weather was unbelievable. I wish we could have stayed another day.

champ521

Quote from: gsm x2Or surround him with excellent hitters.

gsm x2

Baseball is a business. The giants owners are banking the fact that people will still come to the park to see Barry even if the rest of the team sucks. They do not want to spend any more $$$ than they have to. There were plenty of free agents available during the off-season that the Giants could have acquired if they wanted to.

calstate360

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWe're around, sort of.  Busy w/e.

Just about to order an electric tongue jack (ala Kevin) and an LED stepper door step light & an LED porch light mod. kit.

Camping is soon!!   :)   The boys are excited about riding The Skunk Train.

Hope everyone is well.

Electric tongue jack? :yikes:
All this from the guy who told me last year I was cheating when I used a drill on my stabilizers? :eyecrazy:
You are getting out of control. :)  I guess next year is a Hybred.
Sal

gsm x2

Quote from: champ521Baseball is a business. The giants owners are banking the fact that people will still come to the park to see Barry even if the rest of the team sucks. They do not want to spend any more $$$ than they have to. There were plenty of free agents available during the off-season that the Giants could have acquired if they wanted to.
I was listening to Vin Scully talking about the April Barry had.  It was something like:

29 hits in 26 games.  Not a huge deal, but:
only 56 official at-bats
36 walks
on-base percentage around 78%

Amazing.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

Sal -
You must have me confused with another NNC'er.   :D

I've hailed the drill as a PU-liberator since I started using one the day after we returned from the Woodson Bridge rally in Sept., 2002 (IIRC).  After 6 trips without one, I saw the light.  Never looked back since.   :)
The electric tongue jack is just one more addition/convenience/mod. that makes relaxing that much faster to achieve once we arrive at the cg.

We heavily considered a Hybrid btw (after seeing the Quigs' awesome rig), but we have realized that we are PU-people through and through.

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: champ521Baseball is a business. The giants owners are banking the fact that people will still come to the park to see Barry even if the rest of the team sucks. They do not want to spend any more $$$ than they have to. There were plenty of free agents available during the off-season that the Giants could have acquired if they wanted to.

Champ, you sound a little bitter!