News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Quote from: g-whizHave we left you speechless, Surfcal?

No comment!

Surfcal

otter

I had a nice email from Clueless today telling me she has located my long lost twin selling plants near her home.  
scary thougt
but thanks for tip.

g-whiz

Quote from: SurfcalNo comment!

Surfcal
Oh, I get it!  :D At least I think I do, but then again, sometimes when it comes to these threads I get a bit cornfused!  :eyecrazy:

gsm x2

Quote from: g-whizOh, I get it! :D At least I think I do, but then again, sometimes when it comes to these threads I get a bit cornfused! :eyecrazy:
It would appear that Surfcal has become "Speechless in Francisco".

gsxm x2

Surfcal

Quote from: gsm x2It would appear that Surfcal has become "Speechless in Francisco".

gsxm x2

Well, it's tantamount to all of us sitting around the campfire and I'm just listening to everyone and I have no comment really, just enjoying the event and company.

Just didn't want anyone to think I've dropped out.  I don't have any wisecracks at the moment and no "rabble rousing."  But, you never know when an inspiration will come about.

Someday soon we'll all do it in person, in the meantime, I'm just enjoying the virtual campfire here.

Well, "1."

Surfcal

Ca-girl

Quote from: SurfcalWell, "1."

Surfcal
ZOOM....

(Oops...does that mean I have to DRINK??) :yikes: Join me, won't you? :!

Speaking of virtual campfires....I think they got rid of that darn pink button, so we should schedule one!  I have to expand my record of virtual campfires without making a fool of myself. :J

CA-girl

Red neff Barchetta

Just returned from a terrific 4 days (with a Tae-kwon-do tournament sandwiched in between) at MacKerricher SP just above Fort Bragg (& next door to Cleone (location of 1 of the 2 6/03 rally's).  The ocean was 1 small hill away.  Wow the Mendocino coast is more beautiful every time I see it!

This is an amazing SP!!  I highly recommend it.  10's all around.  We will be going back sometime soon.  The coin operated hot showers were a bonus (Amy still has not been able to do her outside shower tent mod., lol).

We saw a retired couple in a large Aliner and thought of ourselves 15-20 years from now.   :D

Checked out one of the new Sequoia PU's camped near us.  All I can say is that the Highlander series PU's are huge, but not much more spacious and with no front storage trunk.  The interesting thing was that this particular model doesn't have a slide-out & our Utah is definitely more spacious.  The only thing that I even remotely liked more was the always in position galley - but not that much more.  The older couple from Chico who bought it paid $15,600.00 for it from Fox Trailers in Sac.!   :eyecrazy: They weren't aware of the oven issue Fleetwood is dealing with right now and were not given an IOU for a future oven like Fox was supposed to give them.  They were glad I mentioned this to them as they were told that the large "hole" in their cabinet is just more storage, lol.  They don't have internet access so had no idea about this.  They are using an Explorer to pull it with (their maiden voyage) and weren't thrilled with the thought of driving home today pulling that 3,600+ lbs..  They said they might be looking into an Expedition this coming week.  Hope I was helpful to them.

Anyway, we had a wonderful time hiking, beaching, kiting, biking, etc...

Red neff Barchetta

Leave it to George & only in New York;
Starting today fans are forbidden to sing "...buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks..." and are to instead sing "...buy me some peanuts and Crunch-N-Munch...".  No joke, George actually won the right to change the words to the song while it's sung at Yankee stadium.  Did I mention he is a part owner in the company that makes Crunch-N-Munch?  Just struck me funny.

Just like his friend Donald who is trying to copyright the phrase "You're Fired!".

griffsmom

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaLeave it to George & only in New York;
Starting today fans are forbidden to sing "...buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks..." and are to instead sing "...buy me some peanuts and Crunch-N-Munch...". No joke, George actually won the right to change the words to the song while it's sung at Yankee stadium. Did I mention he is a part owner in the company that makes Crunch-N-Munch? Just struck me funny.

Just like his friend Donald who is trying to copyright the phrase "You're Fired!".
oh brother :rolleyes:

Ab Diver

Is anybody else getting hammered with allergies????? It's been bad for a while, and really bad last week. :eyecrazy:  Now, after doing some necessary yardwork this afternoon, I'm so plugged up, stuffy, wheezy, coughy, :yikes:  and runny (how can your nose be both plugged up AND runny at the same time? :confused: , I can't go for my scheduled training run this evening. Grrrrr....:mad:  

Ok, that completes my whining session for today. :(

g-whiz

Quote from: Ab DiverIs anybody else getting hammered with allergies????? It's been bad for a while, and really bad last week. :eyecrazy: Now, after doing some necessary yardwork this afternoon, I'm so plugged up, stuffy, wheezy, coughy, :yikes: and runny (how can your nose be both plugged up AND runny at the same time? :confused: , I can't go for my scheduled training run this evening. Grrrrr....:mad:

Ok, that completes my whining session for today. :(
Hey Ab Diver... this post just zoomed by me until now!  I don't have allergies.  But, guess what? :confused:  This year I have "something" that makes me sneeze and makes my nose run.  I've also had a sore throat off and on with no other symptoms of illness.  I'm guess I have a case of allergies, but why now is beyond me.  Glad this has not been a way of life for me as I expect that you are suffering way more than I ever will in this area.

champ521

Quote from: g-whizHey Ab Diver... this post just zoomed by me until now!  I don't have allergies.  But, guess what? :confused:  This year I have "something" that makes me sneeze and makes my nose run.  I've also had a sore throat off and on with no other symptoms of illness.  I'm guess I have a case of allergies, but why now is beyond me.  Glad this has not been a way of life for me as I expect that you are suffering way more than I ever will in this area.

G- I didn't start getting my allergies until I was in my 30's also. :D

g-whiz

Quote from: champ521G- I didn't start getting my allergies until I was in my 30's also. :D
Remind me the next time we camp together that I owe you a double Marga-G-ta!  :!

6Quigs

QuoteShould be a beautiful weekend around the state.

Kevin, where are you. We need more players and RRing around the campfire.

Anyone ever been to Pinto Lake in Watsonville?

Margaret called them last week, and they had a cancelation, so we headed over there Thursday night for 4 peaceful days camping.
It rained Thursday night, but the rest of the weekend was perfect.
All the sites were small, very small, so small that your awning would almost touch the slide out of the 5th wheel parked beside you.
Because we have 4 children, they gave us the best site in the campground, the one beside the playground, and opening onto a large field, which overlooked the lake, where all the kids (except Kevin) caught some fish.

We would definetly go back, as long as we could have the same site!!

Ab Diver

Hey everybody, hope you had fun doing whatever you did. As some of you know, I've been trying to biuld up my endurance for runing lately. Well, this weekend took it to a new level.  I  think you can relate...

My theme for the weekend was cross training, cross training, and more cross training. Spent three days camping directly behind the Point Cabrillo Lighthouse, here on the Mendocino coast. Nothing but a mile of open coastal headlands between us and the oceanside lighthouse. I gotta admit, it was a view for which some folks pay hundreds of bucks a night. The weather cooperated, and resulted in the kind of picture postcard days that you dream about. We spent three days of abalone diving (full leg workout, abductor and adductor; along with maximum breath utilization and pacing for distance), campfire building (isometric squats while lighting said fire), and offspring backpacking (carried my exhausted 63 lbs. 10 y-o daughter up from the tidal zone to our campsite 1 mile away and 300 feet higher--- simulating hill training and endurance running). Also partook of extra helpings of fine local Microbrews (carb-loading and fluid replenishment) as well as historically accurate re-enactments of Cro-Magnon religious ceremonies (BBQ'ed fresh-caught Catch-Of-The-Day along with sacrificial Tri-Tip Of Cave Cow ( Cave Ox) over an open flame and offered our Thanks to *The Great Spirit*). All in all, we had a great time and my legs got one heck of a work-out.  

The pop-up is now unloaded and awaiting re-loading for the Pismo Rally. The ummmm, uh....  baloney are awaiting tenderizing and freezing  for the same event. The Ab Diver is awaiting a hot shower, a back rub, and some sunburn lotion.   ;)