News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaThanks Scott.
She is actually counting down the days to this trip.
Who knows, maybe we'll have a future dry rally there. :)
There is water under the property. It's just that a well hasn't been dug yet.
Our oldest read about dowsing this year and has a forked stick all ready to try out around the property, lol. Should keep him busy for a good part of at least 1 day searching for underground water don't you think? :D
But if a river runs through the property, the water table should be fairly shallow.  He may dowse in just few minutes. We shall see; We shall see.

Scott

Ab Diver

Must be the new math, but if the RNB's are going camping for 5 nights (count 'em, F-I-V-E nights), they shouldn't miss the Pismo rally unless they are leaving two weeks (count 'em, FOURTEEN nights) from now.  What's up with this?????

Anyway, bummer. You and yours will be missed, Jeff.

Hmmmmm-- Jeff's gunna be on 40 acres, and we gots us 40 families attending Pismo... Anybody else see the formation a potential suprise for RNB's peaceful and quiet camping trip? Hehehehehe....

(insert George Peppard's voice and cigar-smoking grin saying "I love it when a plan comes together!")

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaNick -
Good luck.  Hope your fix does the trick!  You are much more brave than I.  Something like that and I don't even attempt it.

Just wanted to say to all of the Pismo attendee's; Have a great time!!!!   :)  :)

We are headed deep into the Klamath National Forest for 5 nights of boondocking on 40 acres (we might purchase it).  The river runs right through the property.  The nearest potable water (besides the river) is 7 miles away so we are obviously bringing plenty of drinking water (although we do have the water filter on the PU faucet).  We are really looking forward to this trip, fresh outdoors, and some peace & quiet.

I can see it now Red, the permanent camping ranch of Nick Neff Cough, no fees, no site claim jumping and no one to shut down the late night Drunk Squad.  Way to go Red.

Have a good time buddy at Ranch A River Runs Though It.

Surfcal

The Memory Maker

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaOur oldest read about dowsing this year and has a forked stick all ready to try out around the property, lol.  Should keep him busy for a good part of at least 1 day searching for underground water don't you think?   :D
FWIW:
My dad was born and raised on an east Texas farm, and had to do a lot of water seaching for the farm. He taught me that the easiest way was not to use the "Y" stick or switch, but divining rods work much better.
He taught me to use two metal rods (about 1/4 inch thick) bent into a L shapes. Hold the rods parallel to the ground and shoulder width apart. While walking, the rods will cross(make an "X") when you walk over a water source.
As a doubting Thomas, I thought my dad was full of it, but darned if it didn't work every time!
(stepping down off my storytelling soapbox now...) :book:

OC Campers

Quote from: gsm x2Ha, Jacqui's Cachuma picture just moved into second place on the "List of Most Uncomplimentary Photographs". But Michele is sure an energetic sweeper.

gsm x2
Scott, I think my picture should still be #1.  I can't believe you keep bringing this up.  Didn't we just have a talk about this last weekend?:yikes: :D

Jacqui

gsm x2

Quote from: OC CampersScott, I think my picture should still be #1. I can't believe you keep bringing this up. Didn't we just have a talk about this last weekend?:yikes: :D

Jacqui
I was willing to never bring it up again, now that your picture moved down to #2, but..... since you think it's still #1, it's still burpish*.

*burp.ish[/size][/font] (b

Surfcal

Quote from: gsm x2I was willing to never bring it up again, now that your picture moved down to #2, but..... since you think it's still #1, it's still burpish*.

6Quigs

Quote from: SurfcalAll in favor say aye.

Aye.

Surfcal
Eye.

Sorry, it must be my accent

g-whiz

Quote from: SurfcalAll in favor say aye.

Aye.

Surfcal
I
 But I think we should have permission from both of the subjects and maybe even in writing! ;)

gsm x2

Quote from: g-whizI
But I think we should have permission from both of the subjects and maybe even in writing! ;)
eeeiiiii!!!

Permission===serpermission.  Votes over.  It's unanimous--we are going to have a vote.  Be right back with the ballot on the WORST NNC photo published on the internet.

gsm x2

gsm x2

Quote from: gsm x2eeeiiiii!!!

Permission===serpermission. Votes over. It's unanimous--we are going to have a vote. Be right back with the ballot on the WORST NNC photo published on the internet.

gsm x2
I was going to do a poll, but we are quickly approaching 50,000 views on this thread and I want to help encourage it.

So here's the vote.

Which of these two pictures do you view as being less complimentary to the wonderful person that was photographed.

A:  A sick Jacqui

B:  A sweeping Michele

gsm x2

6Quigs

How could we ever forget

C:  The Sleeping Beauty

gsm x2

Oh, Kevin--thanks for reminding me.  Another entry has to be:

D: Go Kings

gsm x2

OC Campers

Quote from: gsm x2I was willing to never bring it up again, now that your picture moved down to #2, but..... since you think it's still #1, it's still burpish*.

Surfcal

Well, there's going to be more hardsiders out there.  Get your camping in soon and often for they are coming and taking your spots.  See story below.  Surfcal.

RV Industry Grows as Boomers Hit Highways

Sun Jun 6,11:46 AM ET  Add Business - Reuters to My Yahoo!
By Susan Kelly

ELKHART, Ind. (Reuters) - The recreational vehicle capital of the world is in the midst of a hiring boom.

In the sprawling manufacturing plants south of Interstate 80-90 in Elkhart County, the scene resembles a bustling construction site, the sound of drills buzzing in the air, as plumbers, electricians and carpenters work at outfitting the giant rigs with all the comforts of home.

Despite record-high prices at the gas pump, the Recreational Vehicle Industry Association expects sales of RVs to reach their highest level in 25 years, fueled by middle-aged Americans' increasing affinity for the big fuel-thirsty rigs.

"It's a challenge for us to get good employees right now," said Jim Mac, marketing director for RV maker Monaco Coach Corp., which operates four plants in the Elkhart area.

Although Wall Street has worried that high fuel costs could curb consumers' enthusiasm for RVs, the industry so far shows no sign of slowing. The improving economy and Americans' desire to spend more time with their families are helping to set the pace.

The jobless rate for Elkhart County, where one in four workers is employed in the RV industry, is an enviable 4 percent, a full point below the average for the state as a whole.

"This is the baby-boom generation that has fueled remarkable increases in demand the past several years and will continue to do so in the next decade," said Richard Curtin, director of consumer surveys at the University of Michigan.

As more families with children join the traditional RV market of active retirees, the age of the average buyer has fallen to 49 from 51 three years ago. More and more enthusiasts have college educations and white-collar jobs, mirroring changes in the U.S. population overall.

"There is substantial demand for the RV lifestyle," Curtin said. "People find it a very satisfying and fulfilling way to travel and participate in outdoor recreation."