News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ab Diver

Quote from: gsm x2I was going to do a poll, but we are quickly approaching 50,000 views on this thread and I want to help encourage it.

So here's the vote.

Which of these two pictures do you view as being less complimentary to the wonderful person that was photographed.

A: A sick Jacqui

B: A sweeping Michele

gsm x2

Ok, so we can't see Jacqui's body, and we can't hardly see Michele's face. How about some digital manipulation to put Jacqui's face on Michele's body for a combination-complimentary? (wouldn't matter anyway, The Sleeping Beauty pic beats all comer's hand's down  :yikes: )

Ab Diver

Ok gang, I feel like I just did something good enough for a Butter Finger. (remember those commercials?)  Anyway, I ran 22 miles today! Took a one minute walk break between each mile, but it still took everything I had. Good news is that this was one of my necessary "long runs" I need to get under my belt before the marathon in July, and *that* leaves the Pismo weekend open for shorter runs. (which means more time fer beer drinkin' !)

Bought a Camelbak *Mule* for drinking water on my longer runs. For those of you who have never heard of the name, Camelbak makes back-pack-like hydration packs to carry water and "stuff", a little or a lot depending on the model and your needs. They're pretty good quality, good enough for the military to use. So if you've been thinking about how to carry water and other gear on hikes or day-trips, check them out. (usual disclaimers, just a happy customer)

Here's their web site:

http://www.camelbak.com/

Surfcal

Quote from: Ab DiverOk gang, I feel like I just did something good enough for a Butter Finger. (remember those commercials?)  Anyway, I ran 22 miles today! Took a one minute walk break between each mile, but it still took everything I had. Good news is that this was one of my necessary "long runs" I need to get under my belt before the marathon in July, and *that* leaves the Pismo weekend open for shorter runs. (which means more time fer beer drinkin' !)

Bought a Camelbak *Mule* for drinking water on my longer runs. For those of you who have never heard of the name, Camelbak makes back-pack-like hydration packs to carry water and "stuff", a little or a lot depending on the model and your needs. They're pretty good quality, good enough for the military to use. So if you've been thinking about how to carry water and other gear on hikes or day-trips, check them out. (usual disclaimers, just a happy customer)

Here's their web site:

http://www.camelbak.com/

Congratulations Dave, that is sweet.  I'll drive for 20 miles and I'd have to take a nap!

Yes, thos camelbaks are great.  I have a couple of them and use it for biking.  They're really convenient and makes consistent hydration a breeze.

But if you think about it, we should substitute the content to beer or wine (gin for Larry) for NNC Rallies.  That way, we'd have constant happy campers.

We should have abalone in those gel packets too for convenience.

Surfcal

griffsmom

Quote from: Ab DiverBought a Camelbak *Mule* for drinking water on my longer runs. For those of you who have never heard of the name, Camelbak makes back-pack-like hydration packs to carry water and "stuff", a little or a lot depending on the model and your needs. They're pretty good quality, good enough for the military to use. So if you've been thinking about how to carry water and other gear on hikes or day-trips, check them out. (usual disclaimers, just a happy customer)

Here's their web site:

http://www.camelbak.com/[/color]
Hey Ab--good for you! That's quite an accomplishment!!! :# :!

BG (before Griffin) I used to be a pretty hard core mountain biker and had about 4 differnt sizes and variations of camelbaks. I tried a few of the knock-offs, but none was as good as the Camelbaks. Unfortunately, mine now store more dust than water. :%

gsm x2

Quote from: griffsmomHey Ab--good for you! That's quite an accomplishment!!! :# :!

BG (before Griffin) I used to be a pretty hard core mountain biker and had about 4 differnt sizes and variations of camelbaks. I tried a few of the knock-offs, but none was as good as the Camelbaks. Unfortunately, mine now store more dust than water. :%
Lori,

Perhaps you should get them out of the garage, fill two or three of them full of water, and strap them on Griff.  "A gallon is eight pounds the world around."  Should slow him down a bit or make naps last longer at least.

gsm x2

Surfcal

Quote from: griffsmomBG (before Griffin) I used to be a pretty hard core mountain biker and had about 4 differnt sizes and variations of camelbaks. I tried a few of the knock-offs, but none was as good as the Camelbaks. Unfortunately, mine now store more dust than water. :%

Lori, you're right about that.  I have one knock-off too and I replaced the bladder with a Camelbak.

Surfcal

griffsmom

Quote from: gsm x2Lori,

Perhaps you should get them out of the garage, fill two or three of them full of water, and strap them on Griff. "A gallon is eight pounds the world around." Should slow him down a bit or make naps last longer at least.

gsm x2
:J  Sounds like a plan.  I'm willing to give anything a try to slow that kid down!!!

towrod

Hey Nick
Wassup with the homebrew demo for  pismo?

Ab Diver

Quote from: towrodHey Nick
Wassup with the homebrew demo for pismo?
Hehehehehe.... NOW we know what to put in all those Camelbaks!

6Quigs

I need your help.
Jen went to Yosemite and never got to see a bear.

http://www.arveeclub.com/showthread.php?p=75719#post75719

Does anyone have a spare bear suit that they can bring to Pismo, so we can fulfill her dream???

griffsmom

Quote from: 6QuigsI need your help.
Jen went to Yosemite and never got to see a bear.

http://www.arveeclub.com/showthread.php?p=75719#post75719

Does anyone have a spare bear suit that they can bring to Pismo, so we can fulfill her dream???
LOL! Great idea Kev! If we can't find a bear suit, what about everyone bringing a stuffed bear (used, new or otherwise) and when she least expects it, filling her brand new pop up full of them thar bears!

Ab Diver

Maybe the local Dept. of Forestry could have a couple guys stop by with a "Help Stop Forset Fires" presentation for the kids. Our local bunch just sent three *Smokie Bear* suits to the cleaners (I happened to pick up their account up that day), so maybe the local Pismo guys would have a suit on hand as well. Just a thought.

'course, if all else fails, either Champ or Memory could give the kids a Bear Hug and I'm sure it would feel like the real thing. Them's two of the biggest bar's I ever seen...

Ab Diver

Hey everybody, just wanted to voice a resounding "Good Luck!" to Hybrid Holly on her Triathlon race tomorrow.

Go get 'em, Holly!

The Memory Maker

Quote from: Ab Diver'course, if all else fails, either Champ or Memory could give the kids a Bear Hug and I'm sure it would feel like the real thing. Them's two of the biggest bar's I ever seen...

Sorry, TMM's bear hugs are reserved exclusively for his own two cubs. :Y

Nick

Quote from: towrodHey Nick
Wassup with the homebrew demo for pismo?
I lost your email.  Shoot me another one and we can work it out.