News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: Ab DiverHey everybody, just wanted to voice a resounding "Good Luck!" to Hybrid Holly on her Triathlon race tomorrow.

Go get 'em, Holly!

Thanks Dave,
I'm still alive and kicking!  Ready to run in Pismo!

Nick

Five more hours to go and its off to Casini for three days.  Got the PU loaded and hitched up already.  As soon as work is done I'm outta here!

Red neff Barchetta

Have fun at your rally Mike!

otter

today is the 22nd
:  where the huckey puck is everyone...No R& R for 5 days.  What is going on here!!!!
Go Giants

Red neff Barchetta

Hi Dianne (& Lon)!   :)   Have fun at the rally this w/e.   :)

I'm around.  Outside prepping the PU & TV for our big boondocking trip.   :)  :)

GO A'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCCS

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaI'm around.  Outside prepping the PU & TV for our big boondocking trip.   :)  :)
Hey Jeff where would this be to?

6Quigs

Quote from: SCCSHey Jeff where would this be to?
I heard it was in his back yard at home :D

Red neff Barchetta

SCottCS -
We are headed deep into the Klamath National Forest to hang out on the Klamath river on 40 acres for some serious and exciting dry camping for 5 nights.
Wish we were there already!   :)   Swimming/tubing/rafting, fishing (I wonder how big the tofu salmon are in that river?   :D ), biking, relaxing, exploring, etc...

Have fun at the rally!   :)

SCCS

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaSCottCS -
We are headed deep into the Klamath National Forest to hang out on the Klamath river on 40 acres for some serious and exciting dry camping for 5 nights.
Wish we were there already!   :)   Swimming/tubing/rafting, fishing (I wonder how big the tofu salmon are in that river?   :D ), biking, relaxing, exploring, etc...

Have fun at the rally!   :)
You and your family will be missed at Pismo. :% Enjoy the GREAT OUTDOORS and I don't mean the John Candy Movie.

Nick

Hey Jeff,

Do you have any pics of your awning weight mod?

Thanks

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: NickHey Jeff,

Do you have any pics of your awning weight mod?

Thanks
Mike -
What's up?  Didn't you enjoy your awning flipping up on top of the PU at SugarLoaf?   :D  :(

E-mail Gregg/YOR123 through PUX.  Great guy out of New Orleans.
It is his mod. and he has a webshots page detailing all of the parts and assembly.  The only change I made was using 10 lb. weights (instead of 5 lbs.).
Very simple.  We love this mod.!  Our awning never moves and the weights sit on any surface.

Have fun at the rally Mike!   :)

griffsmom

Is this the mod?

1 5lb cast iron weight (barbell weight)
1 3/4 PVC pipe to 3/4 female thread adapter
1 3/4 galvanized closed nipple
1 3/4 conduit nut
1 aluminum pin ( I don't the name of these things)

The pin is about 1 1/4 long. It has a flat head on each end, one half is male threaded, the other is female. When screwed together it looks like a nail with heads on both ends.

Place the awning pole into the PVC adapter until it bottoms out. Drill through the adapter and pole about midway and insert the aluminum pin through the hole, screwing both halves together. Now the PVC adapter is attached to the pole. Screw the nipple into the PVC adapter, then slip the nipple through the hole of the weight. Screw the nut onto the nipple a couple of turns, that holds the weight to the pole.

Simple, but should do the trick. Should not cause any stubbed toes because of its low profile. I would have preferred not using the galvanized nipple and instead just used a male PVC adapter, but the male threads on the PVC adapter were too short to pass through the weight.

I also have pics. If you'd like me to e-mail them to you, just let me know. :)

griffsmom

Actually, here are the pics:

Ca-girl

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaSCottCS -
Wish we were there already! :) Swimming/tubing/rafting, fishing (I wonder how big the tofu salmon are in that river? :D ), biking, relaxing, exploring, etc...

Have fun at the rally! :)
Jeff....I am actually going to make it to the Pismo rally WITH my kids, and the people they asked about were the Quig kids and your kids.  I told them they'd all be there, but I guess I was mistaken!  We will all miss you, but it sounds like you have a great trip planned.  Hopefully, we'll see you soon.

Tania

Red neff Barchetta

Holy smokes Lori!!!!!   :)

I don't suppose you have the winning lottery numbers for the next drawing?   :D

Where in the heck did you find that rabbit?!

Gotta love the resourcefulness of the Cougher's!   :)  :)