News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

griffsmom

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaHoly smokes Lori!!!!! :)

I don't suppose you have the winning lottery numbers for the next drawing? :D

Where in the heck did you find that rabbit?!

Gotta love the resourcefulness of the Cougher's! :) :)
I remember how cool that mod was from the old boards and copied it to my computer before it went away forever :)

can you see the pics?

Red neff Barchetta

Tania -
You and your AWESOME kids will be missed by us!

Great news you guys can make the rally!  Enjoy!   :)

Red neff Barchetta

Pictures are crystal clear.

Nice work!   :)

griffsmom

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaPictures are crystal clear.

Nice work! :)
Excellent! Thanks :)

Red neff Barchetta

Where is Mike in all this anyway, lol?
He must be at the hardware store.  Someone post next week about how this mod. worked for him.

Btw, it's weird that I can still post normally here.  Guess I called their bluff, lol.   :D

Nick

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaMike -
What's up? Didn't you enjoy your awning flipping up on top of the PU at SugarLoaf? :D :(

E-mail Gregg/YOR123 through PUX. Great guy out of New Orleans.
It is his mod. and he has a webshots page detailing all of the parts and assembly. The only change I made was using 10 lb. weights (instead of 5 lbs.).
Very simple. We love this mod.! Our awning never moves and the weights sit on any surface.

Have fun at the rally Mike! :)
Thanks, I thought it was about time to take care of it.  The awning blew over the top at Casini this past weekend and got stuck on the vent.  Had to wait till we left and poped down the roof to fix it.  Looked really cool all weekend having my awning on top of the roof with red pepper tackey lights and all.

Nick

Quote from: griffsmomIs this the mod?

1 5lb cast iron weight (barbell weight)
1 3/4 PVC pipe to 3/4 female thread adapter
1 3/4 galvanized closed nipple
1 3/4 conduit nut
1 aluminum pin ( I don't the name of these things)

The pin is about 1 1/4 long. It has a flat head on each end, one half is male threaded, the other is female. When screwed together it looks like a nail with heads on both ends.

Place the awning pole into the PVC adapter until it bottoms out. Drill through the adapter and pole about midway and insert the aluminum pin through the hole, screwing both halves together. Now the PVC adapter is attached to the pole. Screw the nipple into the PVC adapter, then slip the nipple through the hole of the weight. Screw the nut onto the nipple a couple of turns, that holds the weight to the pole.

Simple, but should do the trick. Should not cause any stubbed toes because of its low profile. I would have preferred not using the galvanized nipple and instead just used a male PVC adapter, but the male threads on the PVC adapter were too short to pass through the weight.

I also have pics. If you'd like me to e-mail them to you, just let me know. :)
Thanks Lori,
I'll make the trip to the hardware store tonight.

6Quigs

Quote from: NickThanks Lori,
I'll make the trip to the hardware store tonight.
Just make sure you get TWO of everything not one per the list ;)

We did a similar mod to the awning on our Niagara, and yes did use the 10 pound weights.
just make sure when you drill through the PVC fitting and the awning pole, that you do it in exactly the same location on both, otherwise you end up with a fore and an aft weight :mad:
I highly recommend this mod, and we never had any wind problems with the 11 foot awning on the Niagara.

Nick

Quote from: 6QuigsJust make sure you get TWO of everything not one per the list ;)

We did a similar mod to the awning on our Niagara, and yes did use the 10 pound weights.
just make sure when you drill through the PVC fitting and the awning pole, that you do it in exactly the same location on both, otherwise you end up with a fore and an aft weight :mad:
I highly recommend this mod, and we never had any wind problems with the 11 foot awning on the Niagara.

I need THREE of everything. My awning has a center pole.

6Quigs

Quote from: NickI need THREE of everything. My awning has a center pole.

My awning had a center pole also, but I never used it. Taped it up out of the way, and one less thing for the kids to run into. As long as you remember to keep it sloped when raining(the few times that happens in CA) you should be fine.

Surfcal

[indent]Quote: Originally Posted by Nick
[/indent]
Quote from: 6QuigsMy awning had a center pole also, but I never used it. Taped it up out of the way, and one less thing for the kids to run into. As long as you remember to keep it sloped when raining(the few times that happens in CA) you should be fine.
[/color]

So what's the verdict of this Nick?  We might need a Pole Poll regarding this.

Surfcal

Nick

Quote from: Surfcal[indent]Quote: Originally Posted by Nick

[/indent]

So what's the verdict of this Nick? We might need a Pole Poll regarding this.

Surfcal
I went center poless and it worked.  No poll regarding poles is required.

Red neff Barchetta

Mike/Nick -
I thought of you last Thursday as I set up my awning.  Glad the mod. is working for you and to your liking!

Red neff Barchetta

Well, we're back and what an amazing trip we had!  I won't bore you with the details, but wow!
The Klamath River area is an amazing place, but don't tell anybody, lol.

Glad to hear everyone had a great time at the rally.   :)

Red neff Barchetta

Kevin -
We drove past, but didn't stop at, the "Quigley's General Store & Trailer Park" in the town (blink of an eye) of Klamath River, CA.
Next time we'll take a picture of the store-front for you.