News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee4j

Pismo was great Thanks to Ray we had some fun Karaoke. Not sure what you could compare what everyone sounded like...but it was fun!
one thing I learned was watch out for those leaking beer cans :eyecrazy:

gsm x2

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWell, we're back and what an amazing trip we had! I won't bore you with the details, but wow!
The Klamath River area is an amazing place, but don't tell anybody, lol.

Glad to hear everyone had a great time at the rally. :)
Bore us Jeff; bore us.  We want details and stories.  Graphic examples, like a story I heard of the DW saying, "We're unhooked, you can pull away."  And the DH saying, "I can't pull away.  We are not unhooked; you've done something wrong."  After a short rapid-fire exchange of "we are unhooked/we are NOT unhooked" the DW says, "Well your backup lights are on, so I think you are in reverse."

At least that's the story I heard....only slightly embellished.  Perhaps the real DW could give HER SIDE of the story.

gsm x2

g-whiz

Quote from: Dee4jPismo was great Thanks to Ray we had some fun Karaoke. Not sure what you could compare what everyone sounded like...but it was fun!
one thing I learned was watch out for those leaking beer cans :eyecrazy:
I had so much fun doing the Karaoke at Pismo that last night while visiting the SimiRiches at Casititas I did it again.  AND for the second time in one week got shut down by the authorities!!!  :theking:

Surfcal

Quote from: g-whizI had so much fun doing the Karaoke at Pismo that last night while visiting the SimiRiches at Casititas I did it again. AND for the second time in one week got shut down by the authorities!!! :theking:
G!

We might have to induct you into the Drunk Squad. Being shut down by the authorities is a badge of honor for this NNC sub-group, otherwise, it's a failure and failure is not an option.

Whenever possible, we'll include Karaoke in our repertoire.

"Love Shack Babeeee!  Love Shack"
"Knock on the door Babeee!"

g-whiz

Quote from: SurfcalG!

We might have to induct you into the Drunk Squad. Being shut down by the authorities is a badge of honor for this NNC sub-group, otherwise, it's a failure and failure is not an option.

Whenever possible, we'll include Karaoke in our repertoire.

"Love Shack Babeeee! Love Shack"
"Knock on the door Babeee!"
And to think that once I was called a "party pooper"!!  I am honored to even be considered for induction.  

"Girls Just Want to Have Fu-un"
"Oh-oh, Girls Just Want to Have Fun!"

Surfcal

Quote from: g-whizAnd to think that once I was called a "party pooper"!! I am honored to even be considered for induction.

"Girls Just Want to Have Fu-un"
"Oh-oh, Girls Just Want to Have Fun!"
Backup singers:  "Wanna have fun!"

gsm x2

The legand continues.

I had to go back up to Casitas today because I forgot my hat last night.  As I drive through the gate, I see Ranger Rob, a ranger who also works for me in the Harbor Patrol on a part-time basis.  So I stop to say, "Hi."

As I talk to him I mention that a couple of the guys stopped by to shut us down last night.  He says, "Oh were you the people doing karaoke at 10:00 p.m.  They mentioned you when I got on duty this morning."

We're legends.

I propose that we start all future karaoke at 2:00 in the afternoon at future rallies so everyone can participate; especially non-NNC and non-SCC neighbors.  Wanna avoid complaints from neighbors?  Make sure you invite them to any and all parties.

gsm x2

Surfcal

Quote from: gsm x2The legand continues.

I had to go back up to Casitas today because I forgot my hat last night. As I drive through the gate, I see Ranger Rob, a ranger who also works for me in the Harbor Patrol on a part-time basis. So I stop to say, "Hi."

As I talk to him I mention that a couple of the guys stopped by to shut us down last night. He says, "Oh were you the people doing karaoke at 10:00 p.m. They mentioned you when I got on duty this morning."

We're legends.

I propose that we start all future karaoke at 2:00 in the afternoon at future rallies so everyone can participate; especially non-NNC and non-SCC neighbors. Wanna avoid complaints from neighbors? Make sure you invite them to any and all parties.

gsm x2
Congratulations!  Nicely done.

If you really think about it, Karaoke is perfect for rallies.  It's nothing more than a bunch of folks singing around a campfire, only with an aid of an electronic device.  And you know, we're not singing Kumbaya either.

No, more like Old Time Rock & Roll, American Pie and Margaritaville (although Nick likes the sappy songs).  Yes, I vote Karaoke to be part of the Nick-Neff-Cough culture, it's a wholesome Rabble Rousing.

From tri-trip to deep fried turkeys, from demos to dribbling beer cans, the Nick-Neff-Cough fun machine continues to snowball.

Keep up the great Rabble Rouse because when you look back in the rear view mirror of your times, it will bring you a smile.  Why?  Because "I did it MY WAY!"

OC Campers

Quote from: gsm x2The legand continues.

I had to go back up to Casitas today because I forgot my hat last night. As I drive through the gate, I see Ranger Rob, a ranger who also works for me in the Harbor Patrol on a part-time basis. So I stop to say, "Hi."

As I talk to him I mention that a couple of the guys stopped by to shut us down last night. He says, "Oh were you the people doing karaoke at 10:00 p.m. They mentioned you when I got on duty this morning."

We're legends.

I propose that we start all future karaoke at 2:00 in the afternoon at future rallies so everyone can participate; especially non-NNC and non-SCC neighbors. Wanna avoid complaints from neighbors? Make sure you invite them to any and all parties.

gsm x2
If we start at 2pm we will have to start putting vodka in our OJ for breakfast.  It is hard to karaoke when you are sober:sombraro: .

Jacqui

otter

Quote from: OC CampersIf we start at 2pm we will have to start putting vodka in our OJ for breakfast. It is hard to karaoke when you are sober:sombraro: .

Jacqui
I think we already do that Jacqui!... Or maybe it was in the tomato juice with celery and stuff... You might wanna switch to tomato juice.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: gsm x2Bore us Jeff; bore us.  We want details and stories.  Graphic examples, like a story I heard of the DW saying, "We're unhooked, you can pull away."  And the DH saying, "I can't pull away.  We are not unhooked; you've done something wrong."  After a short rapid-fire exchange of "we are unhooked/we are NOT unhooked" the DW says, "Well your backup lights are on, so I think you are in reverse."

At least that's the story I heard....only slightly embellished.  Perhaps the real DW could give HER SIDE of the story.

gsm x2

Alright Scott, I'll go ahead and bore you anyway.
I do need to start however by saying that we really did miss being at the rally and hanging out with everyone.  Can't wait for Yosemite!

It's funny because Amy & I experienced our smoothest set-up & take-down ever during this trip.  We think we are ready to give SCCS/Scott & Carrie a run for their money as they are the current NNC speed holders.   :)

Instead of boondocking on a piece of property that is for sale we instead boondocked on a friend's (& fellow science teacher with Amy) 120 acre's as it turned out that he was indeed going up the same time as we were.
All I can say is - Amazing!!!   :)  :)   He has a camp kitchen on the creek's edge that would make Larry & Mike drool with envy.  He had every cooking supply you could every need and none of us even ate that much we were so busy doing other stuff, lol.  We built a dam in the creek that runs through his property (& swam in the high side and set our chairs in the low side (right in the middle of the creek)), rode ATV's, fished (DS got to eat his first-ever catch), caught (& released) frogs, toads, lizards, etc..., kayaked, shot rifles at clay pigeons, mountain bike rode every evening, jogged every morning, drank gin & tonics, SNPA, & home-made wine at night while sky watching and chatting away the time, went to a swimming hole where you could see the bottom of the river 15' below, hiked, saw deer, snakes, a bear, many different birds, bats, etc...
We had to go over a very old, but amazing suspension bridge where I stopped the rig and ran to the other side and took a picture - very cool.  The PU handled well going down 2 1/2 miles of dirt road with huge ruts.  It is so awesome to be able to take a bit of luxury with you and still camp in pristine areas!
I took all 3 batteries and the generator along, but we were in the PU so little that we only went through 2 batteries over 5 nights.
Sleeping with all of the tenting unzipped (and the Fantastic Fan ceiling fan running (can't believe what a low amperage it runs at) and the Popupgizmo solar covers doing their thing) was terrific!  Try doing that at a cg, ANY cg.  Water was no problem at all as we pumped it out of the crystal clear creek, although we didn't drink it though.
We went to within 5 miles of Oregon on I-5 and then turned West on Hwy. 96.
The only drag was the 7 hr. drive, but the experience more than makes up for it!  We stopped in Mt. Shasta City and fell in love with that town.  Very nice.
Once you get past Redding (Sacramento & Phoenix have nothing on Redding as far as heat goes!   :( ) the scenery really gets gorgeous.
Hopefully, this time next year we just might be having a rally on NNC-owned private property!   :)
After this experience every cg is going to seem crowded to us now, lol.  I shudder at the thought of RV parks.

Anyway, there it is and what a great time we had.   :)
The bay area Rush gigs are next week which I know nobody cares about, but I had to mention anyway.   :D  :)   They have a new album of covers of the groups that influenced them in the 50's, 60's, & 70's - Eddie Cochran, The Who, etc... which is really good.

Hope you & GeorgeAnne are doing well.   :)

Red neff Barchetta

Almost forgot;
The 2 1/2 mile dirt road also had low over-hanging branches.  So to protect the bikes on top of the PU I hopped up on the PU roof (gingerly though as not to disturb the ABS roof   :D ) and pushed and lifted the branches away as Amy drove down the road, lol.  A different experience in itself!   :)

SactoCampers

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaAlmost forgot;
The 2 1/2 mile dirt road also had low over-hanging branches. So to protect the bikes on top of the PU I hopped up on the PU roof (gingerly though as not to disturb the ABS roof :D ) and pushed and lifted the branches away as Amy drove down the road, lol. A different experience in itself! :)
Jeff,

Sounds like a spectacular vacation, the kind you dream about.  Also sounds like a rejuvenating one as well. Keep us posted on your "property possibility." Sounds like you'll want one with a River Running Through It too ;) .

I agree, north of Redding the scenery is pretty amazing. We camped in McCloud once and really loved it. Haven't returned since, though.

g-whiz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaAlright Scott, I'll go ahead and bore you anyway.... which is really good.

Hope you & GeorgeAnne are doing well. :)
We are doing well Jeff!  WOW, what a get-a-way you had.  Sounds spectacular and I can't wait to attend a rally way up there!  I love when you can go outdoors at night and not have the sky flooded with lights.  Stargazing is one of my most favorite things to do.  Glad you had such a great trip.  Hi to Amy and the boys, too!

6Quigs

Thanks for the report Neff.
Sounds like a neat place, and that everyone had a fab time.

Now hopefully, you'll have had those overhanging trees trimmed before I bring my Hybrid up there ;)
unless you want to sit on the top of the hyrbrid with a chain saw, trimming any trees, that are even thinking of touching my hybrid!!