News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Ab DiverDave--You asked a while ago if anyone else was aware of our connection.

Nope--just you and G, but I have to say that since Dale has taken over part ownership, he and I have had to talk professionally a few times. Always a pleasure.

gsm x2

Ab Diver

gsm x2
QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Well something like that. One of the things I am NOT TALENTED at is RHYTHM.  Had to leave the Catholic Church because try as I might, I just couldn t get that rhythm method down.

gsm x2

My Mom and Dad had that method down pat-- I have two brothers and a sister. They must have converted after the last one. [;)]

BTW, you know the old joke... What do you call folks that practice the Rhythm Method?  

Parents!

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuotePatricia---give Mike a congratulations from the group.
 WATLING, MICHAEL VENTURA CA US 04:12:26 2862

Thanks, I passed it on to him.

He s been training every Saturday morning with the Ventura branch of the LA Road Runners, and his goal was to run the marathon in hopefully under 4 hours.  He was overall a little disappointed about those extra 12 minutes, but said he wasn t prepared for so much uphill, especially since they train only on level ground here.  I said that he also suddenly had to race in air you can see!

Anyway, we took a look at his group: Men, age 35-39.  He finished around 30%-35% (1% being the top; 100% being the bottom).  Considering that he s an old man in that group and a hair away from moving into the next group (40 next month), not to mention this is his first marathon, that makes his result even better, IMHO.  Here s to next year!  [:)]

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteAt first I wondered what rhythm had to do with church, since the hymns are rather dreary.

I don t want to offend any Catholics out there---after all my Grandma was one---but it took me years to figure out why the Catholics are always switching from kneeling to standing to sitting to kneeling.

Finally figured out that it was a subtle way to keep people awake---every five minutes require that they change positions, wake the nappers with a huge noise of everyone moving, and they don t have time to get too comfortable.

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteI don t want to offend any Catholics out there---after all my Grandma was one---but it took me years to figure out why the Catholics are always switching from kneeling to standing to sitting to kneeling.

Hey, I m Catholic!  (With just two kids. [;)])  And the funny thing about the timing of this is just yesterday the priest explained why we sit/stand/kneel.  If only I could remember what he said... (Hey, I had Karen with me since Mike was off running.  She will sit/stand/kneel/climb all in the same minute.  Argh!)

Kneeling was showing reverence.  Sitting was to listen to God s word.  And standing was for.....  No clue.  I must have been telling Karen to stop doing whatever she was doing at the time, LOL!  [8D]

Ab Diver

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Dave--You asked a while ago if anyone else was aware of our connection.

Nope--just you and G, but I have to say that since Dale has taken over part ownership, he and I have had to talk professionally a few times. Always a pleasure.

gsm x2

Good, glad to know he s keeping up the family name.  Now, if we could just get him to go camping with us, he d fit right in at an NNC rally (he *does* have our parents old minni-winni, and we *are* non-exclusive, right?[;)]) Poor guy, I ve been trying to set up a Nor-Cal campout with him for a while, but he s busier than a one-legged boat painter in a prop-kicking contest. Maybe someday...

g-whiz

Cottonwooder
QuoteKneeling was showing reverence. Sitting was to listen to God s word. And standing was for..... No clue. I must have been telling Karen to stop doing whatever she was doing at the time, LOL!

How about like taking a stand for something.  You know, you believe in something so you stand up for it.  Something like that.  No, I wasn t sitting behind you in Church, that just popped into my head all by itself.

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizDave - You would have got along beautifully with " Ralph"  at Olema.  He is an ab diver also who goes to Van Damme SP often.

Well, I made our final reservation for the summer today and just in time!  Got the last 2 sites for a 4 day er at French Meadows reservoir in August.  Last week I made reservations for a cg in Garberville for July and this week they are booked solid!  Looks like everyone is travelling domestically this summer instead of traveling abroad.  We still have 2 w/e s available, but will chance it and not make reservations and try for some spur o  the moment places to go.

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizWell, I think I got everything I need from the old board before it s gone on Wednesday.  I noticed that Steve deleted the thread announcing the move.  Sorry I got worked up over that.  I found everything I needed and printed it up.  That s why I didn t post yesterday, ha.  What I couldn t find I e-mailed tim5055 for and he replied with answers quickly.  What a great guy!  We really should have a link to his site on the NNC site.  He s covered just about everything and then some, lol.
 Btw, I haven t even met SCCS yet and he has helped me already!  Through e-mail he helped me get a water filter for the PU faucet which I saw on his webshots page.  I ve been wanting one for the faucet since we dry camp mostly (except for the awesome rallies!), but wanted one that could stay on the faucet when popped down and wouldn t get in the way of the bed when pushed in.

Edit; Twilight Zone happening in the General forum - Now the thread is back announcing the move.  It was gone a 1/2 hour ago I swear, lol.

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizSorry for the posting in triplicate, but this one s for Larry/Sammy Slave if he s watching;

Bumped into Chuck S at another site and he gave me a simple addition to the great couch back-rest idea you gave me.  Get one of those swim noodles and put it under the back-rest and it will be back to full height with the seat cushion extended out further.  It will actually be like a real couch!  Can t wait to take a nap on it at Snug Harbor.  This was so simple that it never occurred to me, lol.

Surfcal

g-whizNeff:

That sounds great.

Larry

g-whiz

Surfcal
QuoteNeff:

That sounds great.

Larry

Larry,

Good to see you posting.  Scott is thrilled to the max!

Signed,
 Curley & Moe

Surfcal

SurfcalG-Whiz:

Works for me.

Larry

Red neff Barchetta

Surfcal" Oh, wise guy aye?  Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck."
 Reminds me of the exit sign on I-80 towards Tahoe after Colfax that Amy and I love to drive by.  When we see it, we say; " Nyack, Nyack, Nyack" .  The kids just groan from the back seat, ha.  We can t help it if we grew up with the Stooges.

Surfcal

SurfcalNeff:

Why you (slap, slap, slap ... boink).

Surfcal