News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

SurfcalWell Sandi,
 I can tell you that this family will miss you 4 for sure.
 Again though, you ve got an exciting time ahead of you all with a new home and town.

Ray,
 Thanks for the cheer.  Starting this thread was tough work, but I try and make the grind almost every day.  The responsibilty is mind numbing!  Or is that Nick s brew?

6Quigs

Surfcal
Quotearen t you 4 coming down to stay in 6Quigs  PU in June?
Depends on whether you have Skippy with you, as the most we have had sleep in our popup was 10 people one night!!!!!
 I think the dog would be just pushing it, though he could sleep in the shower!!!!

SactoCampers

TeacherMom
QuoteAt this point, I don t see us coming down for the June rally - to busy getting ready to move into our new house. Plus it s a really long drive that I don t think we ll be up to yet!

No! We can t have declining numbers for the Gold Rush Rally! [:(]. Oh well, I ll just have to substitute Cottonwooder in that site in case you cancel.

OC Campers

SurfcalOk Scott, now you are speaking MY language.[:)]  Did it work??

Brian, I may be speaking too soon but you may be able to put our name in Y-Guy/Teacher mom spot.  I am begging, pleading and praying that we can make it. I want to camp with all of you   I will let you know in a few days, I hope.

Jacqui

Cottonwooder

SactoCampers
QuoteNo! We can t have declining numbers for the Gold Rush Rally! . Oh well, I ll just have to substitute Cottonwooder in that site in case you cancel.

You are determined, aren t you?  I told dh about your Rally (minus the " threat" !!!) and we looked at a map.  He s up to the drive; I m the chicken.  We re *thinking* about it.  The fact that so many of you NNCers are going will be a great opportunity to finally put faces to these musical-chair names we have going here!  I read your rally page at the NNC Website.  Sounds like a lot of fun!

Mike s only reservation about it is that, from what we saw in the magazine we looked at, it s an RV park, which usually means " parking lot"  layout and no campfire.  Is that what it s like?  (I don t care for being squished in like sardines, but like nice RV parks with things to do.)

So, tell me again why we need to be there?  [8D]

OC Campers

SurfcalAll right it worked!!![:)][:D][8D][;)][&:][:@][:(][: (][>:][:o].  Aren t you glad you told me the secret.[:@][:@]

Jacqui

Cottonwooder

OC Campers
QuoteOk Scott, now you are speaking MY language. Did it work??

By golly, she got it!!!  [:)][:)][:)]

Cottonwooder

OC Campers
QuoteAll right it worked!!! . Aren t you glad you told me the secret.

We ve created a monster!!! [&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]

Cottonwooder

SurfcalBTW, dh also asked if we d be ousted from here if and when we replace the PU with a TT.  I can t believe that goes on in other groups!

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteBTW, dh also asked if we d be ousted from here if and when we replace the PU with a TT. I can t believe that goes on in other groups!

No No NO---never ever ever.  The NEFF in NCC-NEPH-COFF (the REAL NAME of Nick-Neff-Cough) means NONE EXCLUSIVE.  At Olema, Mike s (Nick s) parents were in a full-on travel trailer and his brother was sporting a VW Vanagon.  No scoff or snickers heard among any of the group.

OK, here is a trick for Southern Californians planning on attending a NCC rally north of King City:

Take Thursday and Friday off and leave early Thursday morning.

Otherwise--it s just too far for a weekend.  But one way to make the long haul up easier....just repeat, " I could be at work.  I could be at work."   The miles just fly by.  As you travel through Fresno, you can say, " Oh, it s 11:00.  I could be at work."   1:30 through Lodi, " I could be at work.  I could be at work."   Although as an alternative, " Thank God I don t live in Lodi"  is an acceptable alternative.

gsm x2  Half of the Traveling Millers

gsm x2

OC Campers
QuoteAll right it worked!!!           . Aren t you glad you told me the secret.  

Very glad indeed.  It really bugs me when I can t figure out how to do something.  Reminds me of the first time someone sent me an IM.  " How did you do that???"  I exclaimed.  Haven t stopped learning since then.

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
Quoteand leave early Thursday morning.

There s my problem right there! [: (]

g-whiz

Cottonwooder
QuoteMike s only reservation about it is that, from what we saw in the magazine we looked at, it s an RV park, which usually means " parking lot"  layout and no campfire. Is that what it s like? (I don t care for being squished in like sardines, but like nice RV parks with things to do.)

http://www.49ervillage.com/

I got this from the NNC Web Page and it tells all about the campground.  It is definitely more resort-like than some we have camped in.  I think there is a group campfire area where we will be having our fire.  We camped in one place with this group that I said I would never go back to, but in reality if someone said... Hey, let s have a rally at DV, I d be making my reservation (and bringing my racoon spray!).

Surfcal

gsm x2Sactocampers, where are you?  Have you become a lurker?

It s actually nice that the Sick-Neff-Cough members, our budding sister club down south has been the content providers for our Rabble Rousing.  Here s the LIST:

Dormant or lurking:
 Sammyslave
 Sactocampers
 Nick (status upgraded from MIA)

Semi-Active:
 TeacherMom
 Hybrid Holly
 Otter
 Ab Diver
 6Quigs
 Otter
 CWB
 OC Campers

Frequent Flyers:
 GSM X2
 Cottonwooder
 G-Whiz
 Red Barchetta
 Surfcal

Missing in Action
 TMM
 Y-Guy

Inactive List
 Robucko

This list is not scientific and has an error margin of 10% above or below the shown figures.  Surfcal does not bear any responsibility on how this will psychologically affect the respondents.  Lastly, this survey does not reflect the opinion of the management.

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

QuoteNo! We can t have declining numbers for the Gold Rush Rally! . Oh well, I ll just have to substitute Cottonwooder in that site in case you cancel.

You are determined, aren t you?  I told dh about your Rally (minus the " threat" !!!) and we looked at a map.  He s up to the drive; I m the chicken.  We re *thinking* about it.  The fact that so many of you NNCers are going will be a great opportunity to finally put faces to these musical-chair names we have going here!  I read your rally page at the NNC Website.  Sounds like a lot of fun!

Mike s only reservation about it is that, from what we saw in the magazine we looked at, it s an RV park, which usually means " parking lot"  layout and no campfire.  Is that what it s like?  (I don t care for being squished in like sardines, but like nice RV parks with things to do.)

So, tell me again why we need to be there?  [8D]

Yes, it is an RV park. But it s a very nice RV park. The sites are not sandwiched together, but they are also not as spacious as a state park. We re all amongst friends and grouped together, so when asked, most folks felt it wasn t a big deal. Some of the sites have a largish grassy area behind them. It s kinda like a luxury RV resort. You have to turn the clock back to how this location was selected. The first rally at Bodega Dunes SP was " real"  camping, but we had very windy weather and no hookups...and that concern was made clear. So, when I decided to organize the next June rally (remember, this is before NNC was formed, before our second outing at Woodson Bridge in September) I decided to go to the other extreme. I wanted to find a place that had full hookups, lots of amenities, and facilities for kids to play. Because what we found out was that we spent so much time talking, hanging out, and socializing, that we didn t do much " camping"  kind of stuff like going to the beach (cause of the wind), hiking, etc. It was more of a social event. So for this year s rally I wanted to find a place that could cater to the " social"  side of Nick-Neff-Cough and I think you ll be pleased. The RV park is extremely well maintained, clean, and has lots of amenities, full hookups, and cable. No, there aren t campfire rings, but in the amphitheater adjacent to our reserved sites they have an area for a campfire where we can all gather around. I took a look at the Vail Lakes Resort web site since the Sick-Neff-Coughers are having your May rally there, and the pictures of their facilities remind me very much of 49er Village. Only difference is 49er Village sites are not as spacious and there aren t any views. So, for this rally we re not really " camping" , nor are we " RVing" , we re Nick-Neff-Coughing. I wanted to make this rally as easy and comfortable for everyone considering the conditions of the original rally, so I went from one extreme to the other, I suppose. I scoped it out in August and I think people will like it. The only disadvantage to this place is the sites are a little bit smaller than we re used to, but not packed in like sardines. Anyone else want to vouch for the 49er Village? Oh, Patricia, if you go to the Gold Rush Rally website and click on the little link that says " Want more information? Click Here"  it gives more detailed information about the campground.

Did I also mention there s gambling 10 miles away?