News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SactoCampers

GuestThat above post was from me, Sactocampers. I forgot to login.

Here is a link to that link I mentioned:

http://www.nick-neff-cough.org/nnc/id57.html

Another thing I forgot to mention is that 49er Village has received very high ratings from Trailer Life Magazine:

http://www.gocampingamerica.com/farhorizons49er/2_accommodations.html

Here are some pictures of their sites:

http://www.49ervillage.com/About_the_Sites.htm

Not huge, but not sardines, either. Imagine popups in those sites rather than big motor homes. There were so many variables/requests from so many people for me to consider that I had to make a few compromises. Site size and campfire rings were the only compromises I made. I think this place is as good as we ll find for our group. Think of it as a vacation in your popup and not camping. You won t regret coming up. I ll even put you and OC Campers right next to each other in sites 227 and 229 so you and your pals can be together. Then all we have to do is work on Griffsmom. If she comes, I ll put all three of you next to each other with Tracy & David! <actually, I ll put you all wherever you want to be [:)]>

gsm x2

gsm x2I also have to add something to Sacto s discertation.

When you are with a group, being close together takes on a whole different perspective than when you are camping individually.

Take the Woodson Bridge Rally.  Those spaces were right in a line, as close as the Lake Cachuma sites.  But because there were nine of us in a row, it seemed like ONE HUGE SITE....the kids had lots of room to run and play around in.

Same with Mount Madonna.

Actually now that I think of it, those places where we have been spread out, like Del Valle, were something of a pain because it was so far from one end of the group to another....we even had to CLIMB a hill to be acquainted with Holly and Peterster.

Of course having Surfcal in the " second room"  does have certain disadvantages.

gsm x2

6Quigs

gsm x2I have to agree.
 When we are camping by ourselves, we are looking for a spacious site, away from our neighbours.
 When we are camping on a Rally, sites grouped together are better,
 especially at night, when you put the kids to bed, yet you want to stay up by the campfire, which is 3 sites away, but still close enough to be able to see and hear your own popup, just in case there is a problem

Surfcal

gsm x2I guess I will chime in with the only dissenting opinion.  There s too much agreement going on.

* If you want to hear me snore, tight spots are great.

* If you want processed yeast in the air, tight spots are great.

*  If you want to hear me banging around in the morning while looking in the trailer for a spoon, tight spots are great.

If you still want tight spots, I ve warned you...

Surfcal

Nick

Surfcal
QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

Missing in Action
 Nick
 TMM
 Y-Guy

I m not MIA, just extremely busy at work.  Looks to be a little slowing down a bit today.  I ve been lurking a little just no time to post.

Surfcal

NickOK, I moved you up the list to lurker.

Surfcal

SactoCampers

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

OK, I moved you up the list to lurker.

Surfcal

You can move me up to Semi-Active or Frequent Flyer.

Surfcal

gsm x2The List:

Dormant or Lurking:
 Nick (status upgraded from MIA)
 SCCS

Rookie:
 Griffsmom

Hit & Run Posts
 TMM

Ocassional:
 TecherMom (Soon to be traded to WA Club)
 Hybrid Holly
 Otter
 OC Campers (trying to become a Frequent Flyer)
 Ab Diver

Active:
 Sactocampers (just came out of hibernation)
 6Quigs (needs someone to pick on to maintain activeness)
 CWB (chimes in but needs provocation)

Frequent Flyers:
 GSM X2 (going for the record)
 Cottonwooder (just chatty)
 G-Whiz (chattier)
 Red Barchetta (ha)
 Surfcal (can t figure him out)

Missing in Action
 Sammyslave
 Duane Family Mama
 Ralph
 Cal_girl_101
 Champ521
 CKKevin
 Colin & Chelsea
 Calstate360

Inactive Roster
 Robucko

Traded:
 Y-Guy

Rabble Rouser of the Day:
 Sactocampers

SactoCampers

SurfcalHow can Y-Guy be traded and missing in action?

You forgot about Sammyslave. He s MIA.

Cottonwooder

6QuigsSacto, thanks for all the info and links.  Will take a look a little later.

Sorry, I meant that in general (i.e. camping ourselves), we like spacious sites.  Ask OC or GSM how our spot was at NYEve Cachuma.  [:D]

When it comes to rallies, the closer, the better.  Except for Surfcal, of course.  [;)]

Cottonwooder

Surfcal
QuoteFrequent Flyers:
 GSM X2
 Cottonwooder
 G-Whiz
 Red Barchetta
 Surfcal

Great list!  Perhaps if not a listing for " Yakkiest" , it should be entitled " Venturans" .  Don t know if it s a Ventura thing, but the Gs and I are the mostest postingest here in NNC.  We leave the others in our Venturan dust, LOL!

6Quigs

gsm x2How could you forget the following MIA s Surfcough

Duane Family Mama
 Ralph
 Cal_girl_101
 Champ521
 CKKevin
 Colin & Chelsea
 Calstate361

Hybrid Holly

gsm x2
QuoteOcassional:
 TecherMom (Soon to be traded to WA Club)
 Hybrid Holly
 Otter
 OC Campers
 Ab Diver

I wouldn t be go darn ocassional if I could figure out what was going on while I was out of town.  Who started the " posting under alias names"   game, anyway?

I will post  the Snug Harbor site assignments over on that board....the original one, not the renamed one.  
 Nothing can be straight forward here, can it?

OC Campers

gsm x2Ray, we camped next to you at Lake Cacuma and I never heard you snore, of course all I heard was Randy snoring.  Now the outside automatic drip coffee pot I thought was great and the cabana tent thing.

Randy wants to know if he will have to fight you for fire starter responsibilities or if you 2 can behave and act like adults and do it his way[:)][:)] (if I can get him to commit to God Rush weekend)

Brian you can put us anywhere you want, can I request a site near Sammyslave, He and Rita are cooking right?[:D][:D][:@]  (only kidding, )

Jacqui

P.S. I am trying to improve  my posting status, I am a wannabe frquent flyer or at least active status.

Nick

gsm x2I just had an associate visiting from our Michigan office.  I mentioned " Simply Red"  and she knew exactly what I was talking about.  She said if we think the Red was bad to try the " Table Wine"