News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SactoCampers

OC Campers
QuoteBrian you can put us anywhere you want, can I request a sight near Sammyslave, He and Rita are cooking right?    (only kidding, )

Are you back in?! Site 241 is two sites over from Chef Larry, but adjacent to the creek. I ll need your approval before I go ahead and assign you that site in case you have any safety concerns. But take a look at the map and tell me which one you want:

http://www.nick-neff-cough.org/nnc/id10.html

I could give you site 251 but that would put you within spittin  distance of Surfcal. And if you re within spittin  distance then you re within range of his other " functions."

The Memory Maker

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

QuoteNo! We can t have declining numbers for the Gold Rush Rally! . Oh well, I ll just have to substitute Cottonwooder in that site in case you cancel.

You are determined, aren t you?  I told dh about your Rally (minus the " threat" !!!) and we looked at a map.  He s up to the drive; I m the chicken.  We re *thinking* about it.  The fact that so many of you NNCers are going will be a great opportunity to finally put faces to these musical-chair names we have going here!  I read your rally page at the NNC Website.  Sounds like a lot of fun!

Mike s only reservation about it is that, from what we saw in the magazine we looked at, it s an RV park, which usually means " parking lot"  layout and no campfire.  Is that what it s like?  (I don t care for being squished in like sardines, but like nice RV parks with things to do.)

So, tell me again why we need to be there?  [8D]

Yes, it is an RV park. But it s a very nice RV park. The sites are not sandwiched together, but they are also not as spacious as a state park. We re all amongst friends and grouped together, so when asked, most folks felt it wasn t a big deal. Some of the sites have a largish grassy area behind them. It s kinda like a luxury RV resort. You have to turn the clock back to how this location was selected. The first rally at Bodega Dunes SP was " real"  camping, but we had very windy weather and no hookups...and that concern was made clear. So, when I decided to organize the next June rally (remember, this is before NNC was formed, before our second outing at Woodson Bridge in September) I decided to go to the other extreme. I wanted to find a place that had full hookups, lots of amenities, and facilities for kids to play. Because what we found out was that we spent so much time talking, hanging out, and socializing, that we didn t do much " camping"  kind of stuff like going to the beach (cause of the wind), hiking, etc. It was more of a social event. So for this year s rally I wanted to find a place that could cater to the " social"  side of Nick-Neff-Cough and I think you ll be pleased. The RV park is extremely well maintained, clean, and has lots of amenities, full hookups, and cable. No, there aren t campfire rings, but in the amphitheater adjacent to our reserved sites they have an area for a campfire where we can all gather around. I took a look at the Vail Lakes Resort web site since the Sick-Neff-Coughers are having your May rally there, and the pictures of their facilities remind me very much of 49er Village. Only difference is 49er Village sites are not as spacious and there aren t any views. So, for this rally we re not really " camping" , nor are we " RVing" , we re Nick-Neff-Coughing. I wanted to make this rally as easy and comfortable for everyone considering the conditions of the original rally, so I went from one extreme to the other, I suppose. I scoped it out in August and I think people will like it. The only disadvantage to this place is the sites are a little bit smaller than we re used to, but not packed in like sardines. Anyone else want to vouch for the 49er Village? Oh, Patricia, if you go to the Gold Rush Rally website and click on the little link that says " Want more information? Click Here"  it gives more detailed information about the campground.

Did I also mention there s gambling 10 miles away?

Brian-
 There is no need to defend your choice.
 That what this " club"  is all about. If you like the larger wide-open spaces, then you wagonmaster and/or attend a rally at a park that has wide open spaces.
 If you like being " cozy"  then you wagonmaster and/or attennd a rally that puts you a little closer to your " friends" (please note the use of the " quotes"  here since I m never 100% sure who is waiting in the wings to RR me and try to start something.....)
 {of course, I can depend on my friend Jeff AKA CWB to always defend my postings!}

The Memory Maker

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

The List:

Dormant or Lurking:
 Nick (status upgraded from MIA)
 SCCS

Rookie:
 Griffsmom

Ocassional:
 TecherMom (Soon to be traded to WA Club)
 Hybrid Holly
 Otter
 OC Campers (trying to become a Frequent Flyer)
 Ab Diver

Active:
 Sactocampers (just came out of hibernation)
 6Quigs (needs someone to pick on to maintain activeness)
 CWB (chimes in but needs provocation)

Frequent Flyers:
 GSM X2 (going for the record)
 Cottonwooder (just chatty)
 G-Whiz (chattier)
 Red Barchetta (ha)
 Surfcal (can t figure him out)

Missing in Action
 TMM
 Sammyslave
 Duane Family Mama
 Ralph
 Cal_girl_101
 Champ521
 CKKevin
 Colin & Chelsea
 Calstate360

Inactive Roster
 Robucko

Traded:
 Y-Guy

Rabble Rouser of the Day:
 Sactocampers

Surcough-
 move me!
 Ocassional:
 Hybrid Holly
 Otter
 Ab Diver
 TMM

Surfcal

SactoCampersThe List:

Dormant or Lurking:
 SCCS

Rookie:
 Griffsmom

Ocassional:
 Hybrid Holly
 Otter
 Ab Diver
 TMM

Active:

Frequent Flyers:
 G-Whiz (chattier)
 Red Barchetta (ha)
 Civil War Buff (just made the cut 3.07.03

Missing in Action:
 Sammyslave
 Duane Family Mama
 Ralph
 Cal_girl_101
 Champ521
 CKKevin
 Colin & Chelsea
 Calstate360

Inactive Roster
 Robucko

Traded:
 Y-Guy

CWB

The Memory Maker

SactoCampersThank You

g-whiz

Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Nick

I just had an associate visiting from our Michigan office.  I mentioned " Simply Red"  and she knew exactly what I was talking about.  She said if we think the Red was bad to try the " Table Wine"

What a HOOT!  Did you wince when she said to try the Table Wine?  If you want me to bring some back when we visit next, just let me know.  Please send all requests to my e-mail.  I wonder if she s tried the Blue Heron Chardonnay?  It was almost tasteless compared with the wonderful Solis Chardonnay which happens to be my favorite.  Thanks for the report.  [:D]

g-whiz

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

The List:

Dormant or Lurking:
 SCCS

Rookie:
 Griffsmom

Ocassional:
 Hybrid Holly
 Otter
 Ab Diver
 TMM

Active:
 CWB (chimes in but needs provocation)

Frequent Flyers:
 G-Whiz (chattier)
 Red Barchetta (ha)

Missing in Action:
 Sammyslave
 Duane Family Mama
 Ralph
 Cal_girl_101
 Champ521
 CKKevin
 Colin & Chelsea
 Calstate360

Inactive Roster
 Robucko

Traded:
 Y-Guy

CWB

Cal_girl_101 is no longer missing.  Although she did sign in under " guest" , so maybe under NNC R&R s she is still technically MIA.  What is the length of time between posts when someone becomes MIA?  I remember seeing posts from Duane Family Momma and Calstate after Olema.  

How do we really know if any of those MIA s are REALLY missing?  Maybe they are all lurking and laughing at the fact that we think they are MIA.   Five out of the eight MIA s begin with the letter " C" .  Do you find that strange?  

BTW, TOS s computer is laying in pieces on the floor so don t expect too much out of him for the next few hours!

Cottonwooder

g-whiz
QuoteBTW, TOS s computer is laying in pieces on the floor so don t expect too much out of him for the next few hours!

Hey neighbor, what s up?  I had a 5-hour struggle with my machine last week, but I WON, without needing to take anything apart.  Want me to come over and kick it a few times?

griffsmom

SactoCampersI MADE THE LIST!!  I MADE THE LIST!!  WHOO HOO!!  I M FINALLY SOMEBODY!!! (as if just being griff s mom weren t eneff!)[:D]

OC Campers

SactoCampersBrian--give me a few more days.  Randy is trying to secure his vacation time.  I don t want to back out on you again.  The river makes me a little nervous but there is gonna be a lot of people around and that will keep is attention.   Matthew my 2 year old) hung out at Sammyslaves site most of the Cachuma trip.  He was attached to Rita s Swiffer mop and my 11 year old daughter was attached to Sophie and Sadie.  Just for the record, we aren t afraid of Surfcal s big bad self.  He and Randy got along great at the Cachuma rally.

So where ever you put us is fine.  We are easy to please.

I will know shortly.  

Jacqui

g-whiz

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

QuoteBTW, TOS s computer is laying in pieces on the floor so don t expect too much out of him for the next few hours!

Hey neighbor, what s up?  I had a 5-hour struggle with my machine last week, but I WON, without needing to take anything apart.  Want me to come over and kick it a few times?

Well, it s a long story that he will have to tell.  Bottom line, don t think you can use hard drives bigger than 32 gb in Win98.  Upgrading to Windows XP and cable to be installed next Thursday!   YIPPEE!!! [:D]

SactoCampers

OC Campers
QuoteThe river makes me a little nervous but there is gonna be a lot of people around and that will keep is attention.

If it eases you any, I wouldn t really call it a river. I ve seen garden hoses with more current flowing. IIRC, there s just a little ravine and you can just walk over it. Either way, let me know when you know. And if you can t come, Cottonwooder  and Griffsmom will be really disappointed. [;)]

Patricia, not to beat a dead horse, but I was looking at the pictures of Vail Lake resort  on Griffsmom s website and the spacing of those sites is identical to that at 49er Village. Except instead of dirt in between the sites you have grass [:)]. I think the same developer/construction firm must have designed both campgrounds. They re eerily similar.

QuoteJust for the record, we aren t afraid of Surfcal s big bad self. He and Randy got along great at the Cachuma rally.

I was referring to you possibly wanting your distance from Ray s nighttime methane lab. [:D][:D][8D]

griffsmom

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

[ And if you can t come, Cottonwooder  and Griffsmom will be really disappointed. [;)]

Sadly, we won t be able to make it to the Gold Rush Rally (despite wanting to test out my my newfound knowledge of the wonders a TV/DVD combo may be able to work on a two-year-old and a long drive--thanks Brian!)  The following week, we re off to Rhode Island for Maze Fest 2003, my husband s family reunion that they hold every couple of years.  Ugh, kill me now...[: (][:(][>:][&:] We ll be spending the weekend of the Gold Rush to finalize our travel preparations for the reunion.[: (][: (][: (]

SactoCampers
QuoteORIGINAL TMM

Brian-
 There is no need to defend your choice.

If you like being " cozy"  then you wagonmaster a rally, that puts you a little closer to your " friends" (
Now you have me realy worried about the  Getting Lucky by the Lake Rally"
 Can t wait to see your site assignments and who s next to who[:o]

Quote(please note the use of the " quotes"  here since I m never 100% sure who is waiting in the wings to RR me and try to start something.....)
Quote6Quigs (needs someone to pick on to maintain activeness)

Hey, just doing like I am supposed to

gsm x2

g-whiz
QuoteWell, it s a long story that he will have to tell. Bottom line, don t think you can use hard drives bigger than 32 gb in Win98. Upgrading to Windows XP and cable to be installed next Thursday! YIPPEE!!!  

XP installation is going well.  I learned ALOT in the three days and three installations it took to move G-Whiz from Windows98 to XP.  See, I am already able to add a post here.

Well, now I get to see what hardware is EASY COMPATABLE, COMPATABLE AFTER A DOWNLOAD, and ADD TO THE PAPERWEIGHT DOOR JAM CATAGORY.

gsm x2