News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g-whiz

Red neff BarchettaI got back over an hour ago but am exhausted from the marathon shopping.  I was practicing in case I need to use my shopping skills while in Snug Harbor.  Whoever heads up the marketing department for Kohl s should get a medal.  That place was packed.  They opened at 7 a.m. and will be open until 11 p.m.  I got there at 3:30 and had to park a mile a way.  I should have thot to bring my kazoo.  I could have made weird noises so that people would move out of my way.  Next time!  Kazoom.

OC Campers

Red neff BarchettaI went to Kohl s taday too.  The first time was at 9am with (2 year old).  After 10 minutes turned around and left.  Too many people for my tastes.  Went back at 8:45pm and spent $250.  Whew my credit card is smokin .  My 11 year old lucked out cause mom was in the shoppin mood.  She got most of the stuff.  Nice store just wish I could shop there.  Not too many departments have stuff for 6 foot 1 in. woman.  Thank god for capri pants.

Jacqui

p.s.  Hey Scott (GSMx2), did you get my e-mail about Malibu RV or did it get lost with your computer problems?

gsm x2

OC Campers
Quotep.s. Hey Scott (GSMx2), did you get my e-mail about Malibu RV or did it get lost with your computer problems?

Jacqui--got your e-mail.  Sent you a reply.  Work is trying to get in the way, but I am willing to werk around it.  So we are still planning on it.  Will send you a check as soon as we have our discussion to make sure that G-Whiz and I are on the same page.

Up to FIVE FAMILIES.  And to think it was just a few days ago that you were ready to throw in the towel.  Yippee for persistance.

gsm x2

otter

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

Oh!  I love Bristol.  I have friend who lives on the water there.  Fantstic.  
 I can t imagine popuping across the country with a 2 year old, but flying is not bad.  We have done it serveral time with the grandkids.  Just buy $100 worth of new ( and small)  toys/books/ etc.  That is ALO$$$T but worth it.  
 Good luck...
 I agree: Neff ers need to tell us when they are not going to be here to gab with.
 I miss them aaaaaaaaalllllllloooooooootttttt.

We are flying (I d rather popup!) but I m still not looking forward to a long flight with a monkey boy in tow (or in NNC-speak, toe).  Griffin can be a bit, uh, how you say, rambunctious, but I wouldn t have him any other way.[;)]

griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

Oh!  I love Bristol.  I have friend who lives on the water there.  Fantstic.  
 I can t imagine popuping across the country with a 2 year old, but flying is not bad.  We have done it serveral time with the grandkids.  Just buy $100 worth of new ( and small)  toys/books/ etc.  That is ALO$$$T but worth it.  
 Good luck...
 I agree: Neff ers need to tell us when they are not going to be here to gab with.
 I miss them aaaaaaaaalllllllloooooooootttttt.

We are flying (I d rather popup!) but I m still not looking forward to a long flight with a monkey boy in tow (or in NNC-speak, toe).  Griffin can be a bit, uh, how you say, rambunctious, but I wouldn t have him any other way.[;)]

Oops!  That was me.[:)]

Red neff Barchetta

g-whizWhoohoooo!  I m off to pick up the PU.  It is a gorgeous day today and we had a sudden urge to camp tonight.  So we re heading out in about 1 1/2 hours.  Good thing I charged up the batteries the other day.  Get to try out the new faucet-mounted water filter too.  Think I ll throw in a gallon of bottled H2O just in case it doesn t fit the faucet threads.

otter

g-whizJeff:
 Don t ya just hate it when your threads don t match up????  I have that probnlem with this site ALOT.
 This weather has me outside too.  WE have visiters from Minn. this weekend and although I know it will be cold by dinner, I just had to set up the patio and pretend we can eat out!

G-whiz and OC  tell me about Khol s.  I don t know the store.  But then I am not a good shopper; unless we are speaking antique/second hand stores...then I can spend the day!

g-whiz

otter

G-whiz and OC  tell me about Khol s.  I don t know the store.  But then I am not a good shopper; unless we are speaking antique/second hand stores...then I can spend the day!

Otter, we just got back from Huntington Library in Pasadena.  Have you ever been there???  Gorgeous gardens and we had a tea party in the tea room.  Scott (TOS) was the Mad Hatter!  [:D]  After walking around Kohl s all day yesterday and then more walking at the HL today, my dogs are barkin !  Kohl s is sort of like Mervyn s only bigger with more stuff to mix you up and distract you from what it is you really need.  I m not a good shopper either, but Scott would most likely say that I am since I don t buy much!  [;)]  I feel like I have too much " stuff"  now and need to get rid of some before I bring anything else into this house.  Except for another 4.5 pounds of kazoos!!!

otter

g-whizWe did a good job  shopping  in Solvang.  I enjoyed the companionship and the looking.  And we did get a great deal on those dolls!  But I m with you.  I have too much STUFF now.  I find myself buying little things for the camper, and yet I like to keep it minimal too.  I have weeded down the number of pots and pans and dishes etc.  Then I added chili lights and portable shower thing.  I tried to find that dish strainer at Camper world..Actually in the catelog and on line....but no luck.  
 We just finished cleaing up after a family dinner.  Lon s cousin and family are visiting  from Minn so we had his mom & dad n aunt & uncle over to visit with them .  The older folks just can t entertain any more.  It is always fun to see them tho and this was a great excuse.  
 Tomorrow we do the " cousins"  party.. Now that is always a blast!  And better still..it is not at my house.  I just have to bring my spinach salad for 20 and a bootle of wine.  I can do that.  
 G, are you the bread pudding fan?  I am planning on bring some to Snug Harbor.  I had an email from Rita.  She said all her kids and grandkids were coming.  Sounds like lots of fun.  
 hugs to GSMx2.

g-whiz

otterWe DID do a good job shopping in Solvang.  Maybe we were just trying to impress Ray!  [;)]  Maybe you have just the right amount of " stuff"  and that is why when you get rid of something, then something new comes into replace that space.  I have also gone over the edge when purchasing stuff for our camper.  I like simplicity and I have to keep chanting it so I stay on the straight and narrow.  

If we get over by Camper World before Snug Harbor I ll look for the dish drainer.  Too bad we didn t have a wireless connection today since we drove right by on our way back from Pasadena.  [:(]  And, yes, I am a connoisseur of bread pudding and I am so happy that you are bringing some.  I e-mailed Rita too about food!  Let the planning begin.  We should probably talk about food over in the Axe Me About My Weekend thread, tho.  [8D]

OC Campers

g-whizGeorganne is right.  Kohl s is just like Mervyns but bigger.  I would guess they carry twice as much stuff.  The prices seemed real good but it looks like the clothing catered to the younger set.  I wear a womans size (plus size)[:(][:(] and the clothes looked like something my grandma would wear but my daughter found a ton of juniors stuff.  People were also hauling out steam cleaners, coffee pots and toasters so they must of been priced good too.  I have a feeling Mervyns is gonna be hurting.  Of course the Grand Opening usually has better prices.  Will wait and see in a few months how things are.  Kohl s are all over the country.  The first one I ever saw was in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  Now they seem to be every where.  there add said they are in 38 states.

Did someone say bread pudding???  YUMMM, my favorite.  Too bad Snug Harbor is so far.[:(][:(]

Jacqui

g-whiz

OC CampersYeah, I wanna raise some rabble with Kohl s with whoever does their purchasing.  And what is all the stretch material being used in shirts these days?  I mean, pul leeze people, we all don t like shirts that stick to each and every curve, bump, roll, or whatever!  I m thinking of becoming a nudist!  No cling there.  [8D][:D]

Surfcal

g-whiz

QuoteORIGINAL:  g-whiz

I m thinking of becoming a nudist![8D][:D]

Hey G-Whiz,

The mud wrestling at Snug Harbor just became a little bit more interesting.

Surfcal

g-whiz

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  g-whiz

I m thinking of becoming a nudist![8D][:D]

Hey G-Whiz,

The mud wrestling at Snug Harbor just became a little bit more interesting.

Surfcal

Oh right.  I forgot that thongs are the attire for that event.  Guess I ll wait to join the colony. [:)]

otter

g-whizTrust me folks, you do not want to see me in at a nudist colony...and definitely NOT in a thong.  So fear not  whiz  there will be at least on other person in non clingy comfy clothes!!