SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

griffsmom

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

You re Not Going To Believe This, But...

During our first night at Cachuma, we were woken up at 3:30am by our neighbor.  They said our heater was " rattling"  and keeping them up.  (They were very nice, and we chatted with each other throughout the weekend.  They even loaned us their electric heater to use instead, so don t want to give the impression that they were unreasonable/nasty folks.)  

We figured something must be loose and rattling on the outside that we couldn t hear inside.  The guy said it sounded like a diesel engine, but it didn t make sense for an engine to switch on-off-on-off, etc. and that he walked around the entire grounds trying to find the sound, and that he could hear our heater from the " other side"  of the area.  So the next night we switched it on to take a listen.

It was fine!  It was the regular sound that it s always made!  Not only that, but it sounded exactly the same as Griffsmom s heater (our neighbor at last summer s rally), not to mention any other RV heater we ve ever heard!

Can you believe they woke us up in the middle of the night for that???  And I was in a deep sleep at the moment, and couldn t get back to sleep for an hour afterwards.    Grrr!!!

So, at SLO next month I plan to take a listen to all of your heaters.  Perhaps we should hand out tickets to the most noisy ones, eh?

Unbelievable....

Hey Trish...that wasn t our heater you heard....[;)][:)]

The Memory Maker

CottonwooderLarry(CWB)
 Email me!
 No, Really-
 Email me!

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderDon t do it!
 E-mail me, e-mail me!
 I ve got the goods on TMM!
 Unless he e-mails me first,
 then I ve got the goods on you!

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderIf he asks for a check for the boring Tahoe rally remember to put my name on it as well as hand me some cash too.

otter

Cottonwooder[:)][8D] Happy Birthday,Surfin Ray-Cal
 have beer on us...[&:][8D]

Holly!  Holly! Holly!  You  broke a bi-law by not telling us to watch.  
 It specifically says in section Nic: paragraphap  cough456  that all members shall be notified......etc.  
 CWB needed to tell us about the picture too according to this section...  
 We ll need to deal with these infractions at Snug Haaaaaarbaaaa.

Re: noisy heaters.  As the world s worst sleeper, I have heard lots of heaters in the camp grounds...but if I m awake so what?  When I m asleep I never hear them.  I like the electric ones tho, besides being quieter they don t give off any fumes.  
 That s my story and I m sticking to it!!!!

6Quigs

Cottonwooder
Quotebesides being quieter they don t give off any fumes.
Are we talking about Surfcough or heaters??????

g-whiz

6Quigs

QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

Quotebesides being quieter they don t give off any fumes.
Are we talking about Surfcough or heaters??????

Heaters!  Surfcal was not quieter and he did...  well, you get the picture!

Surfcal

CottonwooderHey G-Whiz:

I only snored because I was trying to mask the noises that you and GSM X2 make as Sammyslave had described on another thread.  I provided the perfect distraction.  After all, there were minors in the vicinity.  Don t you think it worked beautifully?

Ask GSM about the " it"  topic on PUT.  I m liable to get kicked out!  Uh oh, that s the first mention of the " it"  on a NNC thread.

Surfcal

g-whiz

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

Hey G-Whiz:

I only snored because I was trying to mask the noises that you and GSM X2 make as Sammyslave had described on another thread.  I provided the perfect distraction.  After all, there were minors in the vicinity.  Don t you think it worked beautifully?

Ask GSM about the " it"  topic on PUT.  I m liable to get kicked out!  Uh oh, that s the first mention of the " it"  on a NNC thread.

Surfcal

I remember Scott reading the " it"  topic to me in my pre-posting days, but I really don t know what noises Sammyslave could have heard with all the racket coming from HIS place!  Maybe he should get back here and defend himself!

Hybrid Holly

Cottonwooder
QuoteSorry for the cheating posts, but I just had to mention that I caught the last 1/2 of the 2003 RV Show on HGTV and thought our very own super host Mrs. Hybrid Holly herself did an excellent job hosting the show! Amy walked in to the room when I called her in to come check out the ridiculous $710,000. mega-bus and the first thing she said is; " That looks just like Holly" . Has anyone else seen the show? It was on here tonight from 9:00 - 10:00.

OK. now you know why I haven t been posting very much lately!  Seriously, that is my twin sister, POPUP POLLY, she got the gig on HGTV in hopes that Surfcal would hire her for one of his Ebay promos.  (Happy belated birthday, Ray!)

This is funny, because Petester saw that advertised and told me to watch it...I forgot all about it!

g-whiz

Hybrid HollySorry I missed the show!  Would have loved to have seen your sister, Popup Polly.  Seriously, I have to start watching more TV!  I miss all the good stuff!

Cottonwooder

g-whiz
QuoteI remember Scott reading the " it"  topic to me in my pre-posting days,

What made you start posting?  BTW, welcome back.  It was quiet yesterday without you around.  [:)]

g-whiz

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

What made you start posting?  BTW, welcome back.  It was quiet yesterday without you around.  [:)]

Gee, why did I start posting?  I used to have so much " free"  time!  [:D]  I had to attend a class in LA yesterday.  How people can make that drive everyday is beyond me.  I feel so fortunate that I live 10 minutes from where I work and that I can also work on things at home.  Figuring out what thread I m in, tho, is becoming a job in itself!  [8D]

Civil_War_Buff

g-whiz

QuoteORIGINAL:  g-whiz

[I had to attend a class in LA yesterday.  How people can make that drive everyday is beyond me.  I feel so fortunate that I live 10 minutes from where I work and that I can also work on things at home.

Yeah, but look at the up side of the class at least it won t show up on your DMV record now!! [;)][;)][:o]  So just HOW FAST were you going?[:D][&:][8D]

g-whiz

Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

Yeah, but look at the up side of the class at least it won t show up on your DMV record now!! [;)][;)][:o]  So just HOW FAST were you going?[:D][&:][8D]

It wasn t about how fast I was going. [;)][;)]