News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

g-whiz
QuoteYou might not know this, but at Chabot I even protected Sophie from a couple of barking male dogs that wanted to have their way with her. Rita was pulling Sophie back, I stepped in-between Sophie and the Barker Brothers, and then yelled at the owner to put them on a leash. Even I amazed myself!

Is the NNC developing an effective cure for K-9phobia?

First G is stepping between Sophie and the Barker Brothers.  Then DuanneFamily Son gets a dog.

I swear we have to get on the Mr. Phil show.

gsm x2

griffsmom

Surfcal#7

Where is this list of the top 20 posters that everyone keeps referring to?  I looked all over but obviously didn t find it.  

BTW, the rabble-rousing going on in here is killing me, but it s not good to laugh at your computer when you re supposed to look like you re working and your work isn t supposed to be funny.

Cottonwooder

griffsmom
QuoteBTW, the rabble-rousing going on in here is killing me, but it s not good to laugh at your computer when you re supposed to look like you re working and your work isn t supposed to be funny.

That s exactly what I discovered -- much to my dismay -- last week at work.

Click " Member List"  in the top right listings, then click the down arrow on the column listing the number of posts.

griffsmom

Cottonwooder
QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Click " Member List"  in the top right listings, then click the down arrow on the column listing the number of posts.

Oh dear, oh dear.  This just won t do.  I m all the way down on page 4, for pete s sake.  Time for some meaningless posts...

BTW, thanks for the info Trish! (insert old forum thumb s up here)

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteClick " Member List"  in the top right listings, then click the down arrow on the column listing the number of posts.

No fair.  I thought I was the designated computer question answering service.

gsm x2

griffsmom

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

gsm x2

There, there, Scott, you still are the designated computer question answering service...you were probably out walking Rocky, so Trish thought she d just help you out a little

(How s that Trish, did I cover for you okay?)

Civil_War_Buff

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

QuoteClick " Member List"  in the top right listings, then click the down arrow on the column listing the number of posts.

gsm x2

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, Listen to me!! What TOS speaks here is true! Go back into your houses and look at your computer, place your right hand over your heart....now repeat after me....." I will never let anyone answer my computer related question except TOS, so help me Arvee" .  

We have asked for a Bylaw designating TOS as the definitive  puter question answerer, but apparently it hasn t made it yet, or else it was IGNORED!!

TOS, tell us about bits & bytes......

Cottonwooder

griffsmom
Quote(How s that Trish, did I cover for you okay?)

Ya done good!

Actually, I do have a computer question for you.  Now that you ve made the move to XP, can you explain how to organize all those programs under the Start >> Programs button?  In 98 it was through Settings >> Taskbar >> Advanced.  I can t figure it out in XP, one of several things I don t like about it.

Surfcal

SurfcalHey all:

I was poking around the Campfire Forum and someone had noted there was deal on BAL Levelers at this place.

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/smg/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=74076

Thought I d pass it on since there s been a lot of interest in these things lately.

Nick has one and Ab Diver just ordered one.  I believe CWB has one.  And since CWB has one, I ordered one.  Now Sacto is interested in one.

Surfcal

P.S.  If you want a product review, here s a link from one of our very own, Ab Diver, http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=11537&p=1&tmode=1

Surfcal

SurfcalHere s a story that ll warm your heart.  For those that don t often visit the General and Campfire forums, I ll bring you up to speed.

Birol is a member of PUT and he is a frequent poster in the above forums.  He is a Turkish immigrant that lives in Canada.  During his many postings, we ve learned of his lack of employment and how he s been looking for a job for sometime now.

But along the way, he s always wanted to get into PopUpping, but without a job, there s no possibility of getting a camper.  In fact, he s never really camped before and doesn t even own a tent nor all the other accessories that go along with the hobby.

Long story short, NightOwl started the conciousness among the national membership that people send Birol their excess camping items to help Birol become a camper.  Well, the drive spurred a couple of PUT members to gather some of their stuff, invite Birol to drive down from Canada to collect his stuff in Virginia.  Well, here s where this link picks up the story...

http://www.gonecamping.net/stories/birols_tent.html

And to boot, Birol was one of those folks whose membership was sponsored by another member.  I thought I d pass on this story as an amazing testament to the community that we ve all built as PUT members.

Even during troubled times, it s good to know that goodwill still fosters amongst the humble, especially on PUT.

Surfcal

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteActually, I do have a computer question for you. Now that you ve made the move to XP, can you explain how to organize all those programs under the Start >> Programs button? In 98 it was through Settings >> Taskbar >> Advanced. I can t figure it out in XP, one of several things I don t like about it.

Patricia,

I was cleaning up that HUGE LIST on my computer, so perfect timing.

Here are a few things that I am doing.

[ul]

• I am eliminating the unecesssary shortcuts by right-clicking on them and choosing DELETE.  This has been useful in the FOLDERS where there are README and UNINSTALL files.
  • If the only thing left in a folder once you delete the README and UNINSTALL shortcuts, you might as well CLICK AND DRAG the icon down where the other PROGRAM ICONS are and delete the folder.
  • Now you can EITHER right click on one ICON and choose, SORT BY NAME, or you can just CLICK AND DRAG the icons into whichever order you want them.
  • [/ul]

Dang, now I have something else to do....come on RAIN....keep me in tomorrow.[:)]

Scott

g-whiz

Surfcal
QuoteHere s a story that ll warm your heart. For those that don t often visit the General and Campfire forums, I ll bring you up to speed.

Thanks Ray for providing us with a wonderful good news story.  I ve actually followed this a little in the Campfire Forum and it s nice to get " the rest of the story" .  It was great looking at the pictures too.  Maybe sometime in the future we could plan a MEGA MEGA Rally in the most center place of the USA (I m not sure how to find that out, but bet we could).  If there was enough lead time (say a year), then people might plan a vacation!  Ya neva, neva know!  I know we d be game.  [:)]

Surfcal

SurfcalG-Whiz:

I also heard that there is a Unicorn farm there at Snug Harbor (Kevin, Harbour?), where you can actually see real Unicorns.  That ll be something wouldn t it?

Along the slough, there are also Mermaids.

Surfcal

6Quigs

Surfcal
QuoteI also heard that there is a Unicorn farm there at Snug Harbor (Kevin, Harbour?), where you can actually see real Unicorns. That ll be something wouldn t it?

Along the slough, there are also Mermaids.

Bit early in the morning to be hitting Nick s brew!!!

6Quigs

Surfcal
QuoteMaybe sometime in the future we could plan a MEGA MEGA Rally in the most center place of the USA  ...................I know we d be game.

Not everyone shares your love of driving for long distances in the clothes they slep in the night before[: (]
 Especially the kids[:o]