| /////
     \~ ~////
      ( @ @ )
 o-(_)-oOOo--------

g-whiz

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

G-Whiz:

I also heard that there is a Unicorn farm there at Snug Harbor (Kevin, Harbour?), where you can actually see real Unicorns.  That ll be something wouldn t it?

Along the slough, there are also Mermaids.

Surfcal

That can t be!  I know that the Unicorns were too busy frolicing to board the Ark, therefore, no Unicorns.  You can t pull one over on G-Whiz.  But, the Mermaids will be a sight to see!

gsm x2

6Quigs
QuoteNot everyone shares your love of driving for long distances in the clothes they slep in the night before  
 Especially the kids  

We certainly would expect EVERYONE to be willing to drive to the center of the country for a rally.  But hey, I bet SOMEBODY would show up.

Well, except for the fact that I believe THE CENTER of the country is somewhere in Kansas.  It s possible that NOBODY would be willing to drive to Kansas.

gsm x2

Surfcal

6Quigsbecause gentlemen, this is my last posting... well, at least until Sunday.

(ala Nixon upon failing to win the California Governor s election against Ronald Reagan in 1962.)

- Actually, I m headed out to Yuppieville Costanoa (www.costanoa.com) in the middle of this storm for a company retreat.  We ll be staying in tents no less.  I bet it s gonna be like the movie Twister out there.  I can t " Pull a Sacto"  on this one, it s mandatory.  

Have fun all and I ll see you folks later.

Surfcal

griffsmom

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

because gentlemen, this is my last posting... well, at least until Sunday.

(ala Nixon upon failing to win the California Governor s election against Ronald Reagan in 1962.)

- Actually, I m headed out to Yuppieville Costanoa (www.costanoa.com) in the middle of this storm for a company retreat.  We ll be staying in tents no less.  I bet it s gonna be like the movie Twister out there.  I can t " Pull a Sacto"  on this one, it s mandatory.  

Have fun all and I ll see you folks later.

Surfcal

pull a sacto...pull a sacto...sorry but I can t find " pulling a sacto"  anywhere in the NNC bylaws.  I find this potential misuse of the NNC bylaws troubling...[:o][:(][&:]

ps have a safe trip![;)]

6Quigs

6QuigsYou ll have to manage without me also, as I m off to Tahoe for a ski-ing weekend.
 They are be supposed to be delivering fresh snow this weekend!!!!!!

SactoCampers

6Quigs
QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

You ll have to manage without me also, as I m off to Tahoe for a ski-ing weekend.

Translation: That s Euro for skiing.

gsm x2

griffsmom
Quotepull a sacto...pull a sacto...sorry but I can t find " pulling a sacto"  anywhere in the NNC bylaws. I find this potential misuse of the NNC bylaws troubling...  

Its inclusion in the bylaws wasn t necessary because it is COMMON USAGE, akin to using PUT.

" pulling a Sacto"  is to say that you re coming to a rally, then backing all or part of the family unit out.

gsm x2

griffsmom

gsm x2Aaahh, pulling a sacto.  Gotcha.  Thanks Scott for showing me the light

otter

6QuigsFriday evening and we are just in from a Mexican dinner at a local Charter School. Always fun.  And now so much to react to here.  
 G-Whiz:  I actually have some proof that the Unicorns DID make it on to the Ark, but alas, never made it off the Ark.  [:o]  After the tragedy, all carnivors were kept below.  I ll bring my proof  to Snug Harbor.  
 Yuppiville or not it ll be wet and probably noisy in tents on the coast this weekend.  If we were in Santa Cruz we would bring you a bit of Baileys, Ray, but we are in MP and running around in cirlces this weekend.  Darn....[:@]
 Re: Kansas..There might be enough room there for a coast to coast Rally, but it will be a hard sell.  We ll have to talk to the Kansas people.  I think I have heard that the geographical center is somewhere in S. Dakota...but that probably includes Alaska.  Maybe we could argue the inclusion  Hawaii and move it west a bit.
 Our plans for the Snug Harbor weekend are back to Plan A.  My daughter, 3 grand girls and I ( the Otter) will arrive late...can t leave til after school so it will be 3ish and we will hit traffic.  Lon will stay home with the dogs.  We are still twisting his arm to come along with us, but that would mean 2 cars and he thinks he would rather stay home.
 OH!  Did you hear that he was doing his docent thing at Ano Nuevo when this lovely lady stepped in front of him and said, "  Doya pop-up."
 Yup! It was our very own Margaret Quigly!!   You had him going there for minute , Margaret!  Small world.  Sorry for the looooooong post.  I hope it does not infringe on any bi-laws.

g-whiz

otter
QuoteI actually have some proof that the Unicorns DID make it on to the Ark, but alas, never made it off the Ark.  After the tragedy, all carnivors were kept below. I ll bring my proof to Snug Harbor.

I ll be looking forward to the " proof" !  After some wine and Bailey s I might even believe it!  [;)]

g-whiz

6QuigsDid everyone get washed away in the floods???

Cottonwooder

g-whiz
QuoteDid everyone get washed away in the floods???

Yes, throw me a life boat!

Actually, I just got back from work.  On my way home on Telephone Road, thought I d hop into Kohl s to use that $10 card they stuck in those flyers.  HA!  I shouldn t have even bothered when I noticed that not only was there no parking, but the line down Telephone was about a block long.  Actually made it into the store, only to see the even longer checkout lines, and made a beeline back out the door.

Now I m going to try to make it into Vons.  If I don t re-surface soon, send TOS in to find me, LOL!

g-whiz

CottonwooderI m glad I m a bit under the weather so I didn t try anything like you described.  Scott picked up videos and we made popcorn.  A perfect rainy day!