News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

Cottonwooder
QuoteNow I m going to try to make it into Vons.

Vons schmons... I ended up going straight to bed, and only got up a few minutes ago.

Life is hard when you get to my age!

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteLife is hard when you get to my age!

Find it very hard to give my SBP buddy sympathy for age.

But two kids---I bow to you and anoint your feet in respect.  Even if you have great kids.

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteEven if you have great kids.

Fooled another one!  Honestly, sometimes I have to not only warn them, but threaten them life  n  limb before we go out in public, especially quiet places like church.  OMG!

TOS, do you still have the page up that listed all the events, attendees, and their jobs for September s Casitas rally?  It s my weekly scrapbook time, and I m trying to decide between scrapping our visit to Knott s Berry Farm or the Rally. [:)]

griffsmom

Cottonwooder
QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

QuoteEven if you have great kids.

Fooled another one!  Honestly, sometimes I have to not only warn them, but threaten them life  n  limb before we go out in public, especially quiet places like church.  OMG!

Well then, this should make you feel better.  The second Griffin turned 2, we put him in sunday school, so that we could (1) both sit in the pew longer than 4 seconds without having to take turns taking him outside so as not to disturb those around us; (2) sit quietly without having to perform calisthenics and physical contortions as we stretch under the pew in front of us to retrieve Pooh Bear, a sippy cup, and the entire container of cherrios that he just " accidentally"  dumped; (3) actually hear the sermon; and (4) allow those sitting around us within a 10-foot radius to actually hear the sermon.  

But every other Sunday, our church offers communion, so we pull him out of his sunday school class early to get a blessing (trust me, the kid needs all the blessings he can get!), and as I walk into the sanctuary with him, he immediatley blurts out, in his regular two-year-old speaking megaphone voice, " whassat?"   And mind you, not just once, but over and over and over.  [:o]  There is nothing like having the whole congregation of your church turn around en masse as one collective body to look at who s child is the loudmouth.  Besides, you d think they d just know by now anyway and wouldn t have to turn around anymore!  And let s not forget once we re done with communion and we re singing the closing hymn, Griffin joins in singing too.  Of course, it s pretty much a single note wailed at the top of his voice.  Good thing our Pastor, music director and congregants are good-natured people and fond of our boy![:)]  Otherwise, I m pretty sure they would have run us out the church on a rail long before now! [&:]

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteTOS, do you still have the page up that listed all the events, attendees, and their jobs for September s Casitas rally? It s my weekly scrapbook time, and I m trying to decide between scrapping our visit to Knott s Berry Farm or the Rally.

Patricia,

Yep--I found the last copy I had made on my computer.  It s at:

http://www.avenuecable.com/~scott423/lakecasitas/

I put some photographs on G s computer so she can post them onto her WebShots page in the morning.  G--they are on your data drive in a folder LakeCasitas.  You can delete them once you ve posted them.  ILULULM

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

griffsmom
QuoteBut every other Sunday, our church offers communion,

Last year, when Karen wasn t quite 2yo, I was carrying her while going up to receive communion.  As the priest was trying to put it into my mouth (my hands are full), Karen was reaching out to grab it.  The priest moved his hand away, and Karen s hand followed.  Can you picture it?  Then she asked why she didn t get a " cookie" . [&:]

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteYep--I found the last copy I had made on my computer. It s at:

Ah, wonderful, many thanks!!!  Lori, take a look.  That " September"  song still plays, LOL!

Now, what is " ILULULM" ???  I can only think of our ilium (guts).

griffsmom

Cottonwooder

QuoteYep--I found the last copy I had made on my computer. It s at:

Ah, wonderful, many thanks!!!  Lori, take a look.  That " September"  song still plays, LOL!

Now, what is " ILULULM" ???  I can only think of our ilium (guts).

What fun to walk down memory lane! Of course, now that song is stuck in my head again! [:o] Remembering what agreat time we had makes me that much more anxious for May to get here. Good thing we re able to go to Jacqui s mini-rally at Malibu, or I d really be in a tizzy!

I thought ILULULM"  was maybe code for " I love u love u, love me." [:)]

griffsmom

Cottonwooder

QuoteBut every other Sunday, our church offers communion,

Last year, when Karen wasn t quite 2yo, I was carrying her while going up to receive communion.  As the priest was trying to put it into my mouth (my hands are full), Karen was reaching out to grab it.  The priest moved his hand away, and Karen s hand followed.  Can you picture it?  Then she asked why she didn t get a " cookie" . [&:]

I can absolutely picture it!  [:D]  I m always careful to hold Griffin a bit further back when the wine comes through--he loves " shuush"  (juice) and has reached out for that on more than one occasion--of course after asking " wassat?"  as loud as can be as the pastor gives it to me!

Ai-yi-yi!

griffsmom

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2
 I put some photographs on G s computer so she can post them onto her WebShots page in the morning.  G--they are on your data drive in a folder LakeCasitas.  You can delete them once you ve posted them.  ILULULM

gsm x2

Ya know, this might just qualify as an addiction when you find yourself communicating with your loved one via your posts here instead of just turning to Georgeanne and saying it to her directly!  [:o]

Repeat after me, my name is Scott, and I m a PUTholic  [;)]

Cottonwooder

Cottonwooder
QuoteI thought ILULULM"  was maybe code for " I love u love u, love me."

Argh, talk about a song sticking in your head, now you ve got that Barney tune stuck in mine!   [&:]  I will get you back for that.  Repeat after me:

It s a world of laughter
 A world of tears
 It s a world of hope
 And a world of fears
 There s so much that we share
 That it s time to compare
 It s a small world after all...

That ought to take care of you for the next week or so, after which you ll have been driven stir crazy. [:o]

griffsmom

Cottonwooder

QuoteI thought ILULULM"  was maybe code for " I love u love u, love me."

Argh, talk about a song sticking in your head, now you ve got that Barney tune stuck in mine!   [&:]  I will get you back for that.  Repeat after me:

It s a world of laughter
 A world of tears
 It s a world of hope
 And a world of fears
 There s so much that we share
 That it s time to compare
 It s a small world after all...

That ought to take care of you for the next week or so, after which you ll have been driven stir crazy. [:o]

LOL!  That song is exactly why I ve been avoiding the inevitable--Griffin s first trip to Disneyland!  Besides, I hate Disney!!![: (][>:][:@]  I know Walt is turning in his grave...

Cottonwooder

griffsmom
QuoteBesides, I hate Disney!!!

Why??????

griffsmom

Cottonwooder

QuoteBesides, I hate Disney!!!

Why??????

The corporate, conglomerate nature of the company has left nothing but a bad taste in my mouth; I have a particular dislike for Eisner; the cost to get into the parks is absolutely outrageous, and IMHO, uncalled for, not to mention food, beverages, and souvenirs once you re inside (how are large families able to afford it?); it makes me furious how they threaten to pull movies off of the for-sale shelves and make them unavailable for " 10"  years so that parents feel they have no other option but to rush out and buy the movies so that their children won t miss out on childhood memories their parents want them to have; and I disagree with the messages they send to children--espeically girls--in their movies.  Simply put, shouldn t it all be for the children and not the pockets of the suits running the company? (putting soapbox away...you re probably sorry you asked the question...>[:)]

Cottonwooder

griffsmom
QuoteThe corporate, conglomerate nature of the company

Oh, THAT!  I thought you meant Walt himself.  You re referring to the money-grabbing, blood-suckers.  You forgot the one about preschools, daycares, etc. not being legally permitted to show Disney videos on their premises because of I-forget-what-stupid-reason.  Something to do with having to pay an extra fee to show it?

Yes, one day at Disneyland can fund about 4 weekends of camping trips for us.