SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g-whiz

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Ah, wonderful, many thanks!!!  Lori, take a look.  That " September"  song still plays, LOL!

How come we don t have a song for our May Rally?  I think we need one.  You know... tradition and all!

g-whiz

griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  griffsmom

I thought ILULULM"  was maybe code for " I love u love u, love me." [:)]

That s pretty close Lori!  It s I love you, like you love me!  Just one of those silly little things that means a whole lot to us!

g-whiz

griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2
 I put some photographs on G s computer so she can post them onto her WebShots page in the morning.  G--they are on your data drive in a folder LakeCasitas.  You can delete them once you ve posted them.  ILULULM

gsm x2

Ya know, this might just qualify as an addiction when you find yourself communicating with your loved one via your posts here instead of just turning to Georgeanne and saying it to her directly!  [:o]

Repeat after me, my name is Scott, and I m a PUTholic  [;)]

He must have added that last part.  Look at the time it was edited.  I was sawing wood by then and deep into dreamland.   Scott knows the first thing I do in the morning is read the posts while sipping my freshly brewed java.  I used to read the newspaper but there is so much insanity being reported now, that I have a much better day when I skip the paper and read here instead.  [;)]

Civil_War_Buff

Cottonwooder

QuoteBut every other Sunday, our church offers communion,

Last year, when Karen wasn t quite 2yo, I was carrying her while going up to receive communion.  As the priest was trying to put it into my mouth (my hands are full), Karen was reaching out to grab it.  The priest moved his hand away, and Karen s hand followed.  Can you picture it?  Then she asked why she didn t get a " cookie" . [&:]

~Patricia~ You know that a post like this will only get that CATHOLIC thing started all over again!! [;)][:D]

g-whiz

Cottonwooder

TOS, do you still have the page up that listed all the events, attendees, and their jobs for September s Casitas rally?  It s my weekly scrapbook time, and I m trying to decide between scrapping our visit to Knott s Berry Farm or the Rally. [:)]

Hi Patricia... I posted the shots that Scott had from the September Round-Up.  He must have been VERY busy doing other things because there are not very many pictures.  Does bring back memories, tho.

http://community.webshots.com/user/g_whiz

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderI would think that as women, you gals would especially dislike Disney.  Walt hated strong women and had a serious problem/attitude towards his mother.  Women are " usually"  the villian, cause of the problem, or dead or killed in Disney movies.  Bambi, 101 Dalmations, Cinderella, Little Mermaid, etc...  We have a few Disney movies ourselves, but that guy and his legacy gives me the creeps.  As for Michael Eisner, he needs your money to pay for his $130,000,000.00 stock option bonuses each year.  How s a guy to survive, especially when the greedy assembly line workers and the employees at the parks actually had the nerve to request 10 more minutes added on to their daily breaks last year, lol?
 Sorry about the rant, but as you can see Disney does not rate very high in this house.
 Btw, I can t remember his name, but the CEO before Eisner " worked"  for Disney for 8 1/2 months and left with $90,000,000.00 in his account!

Cottonwooder

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteWomen are " usually"  the villian, cause of the problem, or dead or killed in Disney movies. Bambi, 101 Dalmations, Cinderella, Little Mermaid, etc.

I never, ever noticed that, and wondered what Dr. Laura Schlessinger had against how females were portrayed in Disney stories.  Dunno, doesn t bother me, which is surprising, since a lot (most?) things out there for girls these days REEEEAAALLLLLYYY bother me.

BTW, hi ~Larry-Buff~ [:)]

otter

Cottonwooder
 Disney is a definite no=no in my house.  I like more clothes on my female s/heros.  Disney uses a classic/predictable story line.  KId s parents are dead, kid is being raised by the wicked witch of the west;  Kid disobeys...causes all kind of havoc for everyone around him/her, but saves the day by accident...and becomes the hero.  And we wonder , " What is wrong with kids these days" .  As a;ways oit is the $$driven adults that lead them like sheep down the golden path.  I m glad I hang out tiwth people who like to take their kids camping....although I do wonder how many VCR s are disguised as porta-potties in some of the pop ups.  
 Soap Box Derby

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderDiane - Touche` my dear lady.  Alas I have been caught.  We do indeed have no less than a tv/dvd combo in the PU.  The hypocrite in me has been found out!  No Disney though, ha - I swear as Mother Nature is my witness!  May a finches beak strike me down.

griffsmom

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Diane - Touche` my dear lady.  Alas I have been caught.  We do indeed have no less than a tv/dvd combo in the PU.  The hypocrite in me has been found out!  No Disney though, ha - I swear as Mother Nature is my witness!  May a finches beak strike me down.

Oops, since we re playing true confessioins, we have the tv/dvd combo too, but my dh bought it--I only fought it until I realized that if winnie-the-pooh is playing, you can actually set up camp and maybe even get a meal prepared before you can no longer handle the two-year-old and still do those things at the same time!  The bad part about it is that Disney owns the rights to Pooh and of course has commericalized it beyond recognition.  I think I even remember reading somewhere that the estate of A.A. Milne was not happy about it and threatening to pull back rights.  Unfortunately, Lil  Griffy is addicted to Pooh so we re stuck for the long haul [:(]

gsm x2

CottonwooderOr can one pull a Cottonwooder if Cottonwooder will be asleep for hours?

I would think it would be alright.

Oh well, here goes.

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteOr can one pull a Cottonwooder if Cottonwooder will be asleep for hours?

I wish I were asleep for hours!  Woke up at 6am and couldn t get back to sleep.  Didn t get to bed till 1am, and my wrist is sore from typing till 11pm, and now I m cranky and tired. [>:] [:(]

SactoCampers

otter
Quotealthough I do wonder how many VCR s are disguised as porta-potties in some of the pop ups.  
 Soap Box Derby

Uh...guilty as charged. We have the TV/DVD combo too. But Elmo and Baby Einstein aren t Disney are they <knees chattering>? [&:][&:]

Okay, I ll fess up. We have Winnie the Pooh too. I m not going to deprive Sacto toddler of Disney movies because of my issues with corporate greed [;)][8D]. Not sure how to explain that to a toddler. But Mrs. Sacto and I have agreed that Disneyland will be a once-or-twice in their childhood event.

On a different note, the popup served as an extra bedroom the past few days as we ve had my SIL and her family at our house since Wednesday night. They may be with us through this week, so the popup and TV/DVD combo have come in handy since 8 people and a dog inside a 1250 sq foot house can get a little tight. Their two kids are 4 and 7 and can get a little stir crazy after a weekend cooped up in the house  cause of the rain.

champ521

gsm x2Four more days until I lose my self-imposed stepchild status. I m so excited. Do you think that the weather will be nice enough that I can advertise the G.C. rally for Brian by wearing my thong? Do they come in 3X?

Clueless in Sacremento

gsm x2I have been viewing the site here for several days waiting for my PUT membership to activate before I could officially log in as something other than the anonymous guest.   I m a little embarassed to admit it, but I had to exchange emails with  PUT before I realized that the password I used to register my membership wasn t the same I would use to login.   Of course, I did it all in my husband s name - so he ll have to take the fall for that one.    

I  d have him take the blame for this next inquiry but I m afraid he ll change his password if I create too much unwanted attention.  So here goes -  does anyone know how we change our screen name?  I mean Ralph Hilton is a nice enough name (after all I was willing to add it to my Mrs. when we got married) but after spying on, I mean lurking about,  I mean viewing all the posts on the NNC site the last couple of days -allright weeks -  we re ready to  jump right in the thick of it all.   If it is possible to change it, I was thinking something along the lines of Sleepless in Seattle -only more like " Clueless in Sacramento" .  That pretty much sums up my experience to date.  

Although several weeks have passed since our inagural rally at Olema we keep talking about the great time we had as we prepare for Snug Harbor.  Thank you Holly for your efforts to accomodate us, despite our last minute decision to make the rally.   I m stocking up on guacamole, chips, salsa and top shelf margaritas to share with all our new friends.   You think I m clueless now - you should see me after some tequila and grand marnier.  

For those of you who missed us at Olema, my name is Madlyn and of course Ralph is the terrific guy who chooses to keep me along for the great times.  We have a 4 y.o. boy and our little girl is 14 months.  We feel very lucky to have met this group and have been warmly welcomed by all we have met!