News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OC Campers

gsm x2Welcome Madlyn and Ralph.  We are part of NNC but from the Southern half of the state.  If you make it to the Gold Rush Rally then we can meet then.  This group has quite a few characters but we love them all.  

I am not sure about changing your name but I know it can be done.  I think you just have to e-mail the PUT gods and they will change it for you.

Again welcome to you and your family from the Sick-Neff Coughers.

Jacqui

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Welcome Madlyn!!  I wondered when you and Ralph would find your way here.
 Great to hear you ll be at Snug Harbor.  I ll be glad to help you with those margarita s.
 e-mail Steve, the PUT webmaster and he ll be happy to change your screen name.  He added " neff"  to mine and changed Nick s and Holly s also.  You can reach Steve at this address;
 webmaster@popuptimes.com

If you don t get a reply shortly (although I m sure you will), then you could always go to the top and send a request to Dave (the owner of PUT) at;
 dave@popuptimes.com

See you in a few days!

otter

gsm x2Hi Madlyn-Ralh-Hilton-clueless in Sactramento.  I m Otter -Dianne- from Menlo Park/Santa Cruz...and we missed Olema.  Our daughter and I and 3 of the grandkids are coming to Snug Harbor however.  
 We ll meet then I m sure.  It looks like close quarters.  
 Ok, here is my problem-de-jour.... I just popped up the Viking after it sat for  2 months and Voila!  Mold/mildew.....The bed curtans are  a mess.  Anyone know why the instruction manual says DRY clean rather than just wash the silly things??   Also lots of mold on the tent/canvas, inside and out.  The mold on the ceiling wiped off with those bleach enhanced towel things.  But it didn t do much on the tenting.  I search mr. Fix-it with no success and have an email in to Viking, but hope someone here has some suggestions.  There is no smell, but it looks awful.
 I ll be watching.  Gotta use the little guy mor e often.  I think I will leave it up like Cottonwooder does.  Makes sense.  But it s parking space is right out the kitchen window.  
 I ll be watching for some tried and true solutions.  

SactoCampers

Ralph HiltonGlad you finally made it over here " Ralph Hilton,"  I mean Madlyn. [8D][:D]

Quoteonly more like " Clueless in Sacramento" . That pretty much sums up my experience to date.

I like it! It s almost like you stole the name of a future unscheduled NNC rally, yet it s still all your own. [:D][:)]. If you don t like that one, then I suppose " Hilton Hotel"  is always appropriate. [;)][8D]

QuoteYou think I m clueless now - you should see me after some tequila and grand marnier.

Uh, oh. G-Whiz, Otter, Rita, et al.: Looks like you found another member for the Ha-Ha Sisterhood.

QuoteIf you make it to the Gold Rush Rally then we can meet then.

That was a subtle hint for you to sign up for the Gold Rush Rally.

I have to give a high five to all the Southern Californians for welcoming the new members and being supportive of Nick-Neff-Cough. You guys really do add a lot of fun and humor to the group. So, as Cottonwooder says:

^5

Cottonwooder

SactoCampers
QuoteI have to give a high five to all the Southern Californians for welcoming the new members and being supportive of Nick-Neff-Cough.

I m guilty for not posting a welcome yet, but for good reason: Was having a conference with Rebec s teacher, and she is brilliant. [:D]  Her choice for going out to dinner tonight to celebrate is HomeTown Buffet.

Ralph et al, welcome!  Is this the same Ralph in that photo where whoever took the picture (I forget who) didn t remember who Ralph is?  WELCOME, from another Snicker (" Snick-Neff-Cougher"  said really quickly).  [:)]

Cottonwooder

otter
QuoteI think I will leave it up like Cottonwooder does.

It s a spare room, so why not use it?  More fun that way, Dianne.  Enjoy!  [:)]

BTW, Ralph, forgot to tell ya, but if you flip a page before I get to it AND mock me like the rest of  em here, you re that much closer to full NNC initiation.  (And I ll whack you with my tiara.)  [;)]

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Diane - I remember you were scrubbing the canvas in January at Lake Chabot.  I think you ve obviously got a leak somewhere.  Try searching the archives here;

Well, I just tried the archive link and they are still unavailable!  Sorry.  The Coleman site just suggests warm water and mild soap!  Guess they don t want to be responsible if their suggestion were to cause staining or something.  I think there s a Viking forum somewhere on PUT btw.  You might post there as well.  Some folks that have snow sit on top of their PU s all winter might have some solutions.  I just checked tim5055 s (who s in MD) site, but he doesn t address this issue.

Cottonwooder

Red neff BarchettaOur canvas has developed spots, mainly over the bigger bed, but both are mainly around the shepherd s pole.  I posted both on PUT s General board and IRV2 s, but no real answers.  Is there something we can spray on it?  Anyone know what causes it?

6Quigs

champ521

QuoteORIGINAL:  champ521

Four more days until I lose my self-imposed stepchild status. I m so excited. Do you think that the weather will be nice enough that I can advertise the G.C. rally for Brian by wearing my thong? Do they come in 3X?

What sort of people are we attracting to NNC????

Great to see that Ralph, Tanya and Duane_family all had such a good time with everyone at Olema, want to meet us all again at Snug.

Ralph & Madlyn, welcome to our hangout at PUT, and don t be afraid to just jump right in.

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2That would be quite an entrance to see Dave setting-up in a NNC thong.

g-whiz

Ralph HiltonWelcome to the boards Madlyn and Ralph!  Earlier in the month I was trying to find out your e-mail address using the PUT roster.  Guess I know now why I couldn t find you.  Sure glad you got hooked up.  I love Clueless in Sacremento as a nickname and hope you go for it.  It is just so Nick-Neff-Cough.  See you at Snug Harbor!  I ll taste test the Margarita s for you just to make sure they are okay! [;)][:D]

g-whiz

SactoCampers
QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

QuoteYou think I m clueless now - you should see me after some tequila and grand marnier.

Uh, oh. G-Whiz, Otter, Rita, et al.: Looks like you found another member for the Ha-Ha Sisterhood.

Ah yes, Madlyn.  Are you familiar with the HaHa Sisterhood?  The only prerequisite is that you must be able to laugh hysterically for hours on end whether you have had nothing to drink or ALOT to drink.  Either way works for us sistahs!

BTW Sacto, when I quoted the original message with your High Five included, you wouldn t believe the words that showed up.  Amazing.  Give it a try or did you already know about it?

g-whiz

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Our canvas has developed spots, mainly over the bigger bed, but both are mainly around the shepherd s pole.  I posted both on PUT s General board and IRV2 s, but no real answers.  Is there something we can spray on it?  Anyone know what causes it?

Patricia... are the marks you are referring to on the canvas on the " ceiling"  part of the bed?  If so, then it might be your aluminum door causing the marks.  We have tried to get them off and you can with some elbow grease and some of that orange solvant-type stuff, but it s ALOT of work and gives me a pain in the neck!  We now cover our door with two old beach towels so it doesn t rub against the canvas.

g-whiz

otterDianne.... I found this:

http://camping.about.com/c/ht/00/07/How_Remove_Mold_Mildew0962934063.htm

And this: (go halfway down the page)

http://www.iosso.com/prod.htm

Hope you can find the answer.

otter

gsm x2Thanks for checking the archives, Jeff:  I tried that too, no luck.  
 I did email Viking.
 I will search a little more in a while .  The best I have found is 5% solution of bleach, which will do zippo.  Maybe they are just spots, Cottonwooder and not mold.  Hopefully the outside ones are that.  
 I had forgotten I was trying somethng at Chabot.  And I did have leaks, at the seams.  Did the seam seal thing there.  Maybe another sealer treatment would be helpful.  It was covered all that time.  
 Well, I ll keep plugging.  
 Getting eager to see everyone.  But this week is freaking me out.  The world should be exploding as we are drinking margaritas at Snug Harbor.  It ll take some doing.  
 hugs