SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

griffsmom

ckkevin

QuoteORIGINAL:  ckkevin

For those of you who haven t ventured out of the NCCNEPHCOFF area of PUT for a while and need a Bal Leveler you might be interested in this: [link=http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=16896&p=1&tmode=1]Bal Leveler Sale [/link]

What?  There are areas other than NCCNEPHCOFF on the boards?  I ll believe it when I see it.

Cottonwooder

griffsmom
QuoteWhat? There are areas other than NCCNEPHCOFF on the boards?

Since NNC constitutes 99.99999999999999% of all PUT posts, we probably aren t missing much. [8D]

Nick

Hybrid Holly

QuoteORIGINAL:  Hybrid Holly
 Wow, I just read through this whole issue.  Still the happiest place on earth to me!  As a matter of fact, we are going to Disneyland the week after Snug Harbor for Pete s birthday!  I especially love Epcot.  Unfortunately, it sounds like I am in the minority, but the tickets to Disney are a lot cheaper than a lift ticket at most of ski resorts.....and a two hour movie at night costs what, 8 or 9 bucks.  My Disney tix were a bargain in comparison.  

I m with Holly on this one.  Michele and I are going to Disneyland for four days the weekend after the SLO raly.  Will be our fist weekend away from Hunter.

Nick

ckkevin

QuoteORIGINAL:  ckkevin

For those of you who haven t ventured out of the NCCNEPHCOFF area of PUT for a while and need a Bal Leveler you might be interested in this: [link=http://www.popuptimes.com/members/tm.asp?m=16896&p=1&tmode=1]Bal Leveler Sale [/link]

I have one, and highly recomend it.  It works great!

Nick

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

A couple of years ago we made up a Popup song when driving through Temecula.  We sang it over and over again because it was so good.  Now we ll just have to remember the exact words, then we ll propose that it become the Official SoCal Rally song.

It went to the tune of the Happy Wanderer

The happy wanderer
 I love to go a-wandering,
 Along the mountain track,
 And as I go, I love to sing,
 My knapsack on my back.

Chorus:
 Val-de-ri--Val-de-ra-
 Val-de-ri--Val-de ha ha ha ha ha ha
 Val-de-ri--Val-de-ra.
 My knapsack on my back.

But instead of singing the Valderi--Valdera, you sing Temeculi--Temecula  and I know that its " A popup in the back."   We ll come up with it on the way to Snug Harbor if not before.

gsm x2

Nice lyrics Scott.  Did you have kazoo for back up?

Nick

6QuigsWhere is Cottonwooder?????

Oh, well guess I get to do it.[:D]

6Quigs

Nick

QuoteORIGINAL:  Nick

I m with Holly on this one.  Michele and I are going to Disneyland for four days the weekend after the SLO raly.  Will be our fist weekend away from Hunter.

Where s Y-Guy when you need him.  He is also a big fan of the Mouse,

otter

NickDisneyland and Disney movies are very different.  Walt  would NEVER allow such scantily clad women..Or theose gusy with beards work for (minimum wage ) at the d=land or the d=world .  But then double standards reign supreme everywhere.  I love going to D=land, once every 15 years.  That total break from reality is ok for a day or 2.  The videos that play on my tv in my house is another thing all together.
 Let s all go to D-land!.  a nccnephcoff  pop up with the mouse...cool.  Anyone ready to wagon master that one?  

Well, I am quickly becoming the mold treatment queen.  My first line of attack has always been bleach.  I used those Chlorox whipes on what I had.  Forget that.  It actually does stop the growth, but sets the stain.  I may never get rid of itthe stains.  There is a product at most marine supplies Star Brite, I think is the name.  It did nothing.  It washed everything nicely, but didn t take the mold stains out.  
 I am trying to get a product called Iosso now.  The closest dealer who sells it in Golita.  So mail order/web order is the only way to go and that takes a while. It is what Viking recommedented.  It is a powder that is mixed with warm water and best pump/sprayed on.  Foamy and is supposed to remove the mold and the stain.  It may be too late for me as far as the stains go.  
 All products de=water proof your tenting.  So then you have to re water proof it.  
 I feel better that the mold is not still growing, but wish I could get rid of the stains.  
 So I think I am mold-less, but can t prove it because of the stains.  Its like being the slim young thing hidden in this aging roll-poly body...
 Tomorro wnight is campfire right?

TeacherMom

6Quigs
Quotehere s Y-Guy when you need him. He is also a big fan of the Mouse,

IT s the wife checking in. Didn t jump in on this thread earlier for fear of being bashed for liking Disney. [;)]

We are fans of Disney. We find the parks a get-away from reality. Our children enjoy the rides, the theming and the characters.

I believe Walt wanted to create a fun, family atmosphere and I believe that Disney has accomplished that. Do I think Disney is perfect - no. Do I think they can make improvements - sure - most companies can. Am I a big Eisner fan - no. Do I think the company has suffered under his leadership - sure. Do I think they make tons of money - of course - so do a lot of movie companies or any very large corporation for that matter.

I tend not to get wraped up in underlying meanings of movies, literature. I m not that deep!!!!! (can you tell I wasn t a Lit major) We enjoy Disney movies - again - fairly family oriented - fairly clean cut - usually well done and entertaining. Not all are perfect - again, just like anything.

Because Disney is a " family"  company, I think they are overly critized (in general) if they fall short in some peoples eyes.  

I could go on and on but won t. We love the Mouse - we have made some great family memories at the Disney parks. Two particular memories are Sean hugging Pluto with all his might at a tender age of 9 months and Scott walking down the monorail ramp at the end of a long day in the park - holding his grandmothers hand.

Sandi
 Once a Disney Cast Member - always a Disney Cast Member!

OC Campers

NickA D-land rally??  Way cool.  I think we could make that rally.  It is only 8 miles from our house.  I bet we could get Griffsmom there too.  I don t know if I could wagonmaster anything that large though.  Plus most of the cg s around there are RV parks of state parks.  Hmm, may have to think about this one.

My only gripe about Disneyland is the crowds.  It seems that no matter what day, what time or what season the crowds are unbearable.  We have lived close to the park for almost 5 years and have been there 3 times

Jacqui

Sorry about the mold problems.  Wish I could help.  Goleta wasn t too far from Lake Cachuma, too bad it didn t happen while you guys were down here.

Surfcal

NickWhat has lilliPUT come to?  Can t we just all get along?  LilliPUT has come down to this, pro-Disney and anti-Disney.

There are those who accuse that the Disney regime is being run by a lunatic, preying on hapless consumers and usurping other corporations.  And there are those who just are just content to let it ride and let Eisner be Eisner.

Sentiments are running high for the anti-Disney movement and there are protests in the land.  How dare he run a company purely for profit with no regard for childhood memories and respect for the heritage of a fantasy.  It s a small world after all.

But then there are those who stand by Eisner, allowing him run his Magic Kingdom and his many palaces, and forcing his subjects to shave their facial hair.  From cruise ships, to network television, to cultural hegemony in Europe, Eisner s influence is uncontainable.

And the people have become extremely agitated, fueling high hopes that Eisner will move on, without confrontation, without controversy and take exile, perhaps at neighboring institutions like Seven Flags or Legoland.

But that is not the case, for stockbrokers strongly support Eisner and this small loyal band aims to keep him in power, if only because its resources keeps the money flowing in, and it is this tight guard that keeps him in power.

But perhaps, he can only be taken down from power by brute force.  It is brewing to become a troublesome conflict.  We will just have to wait to see what transpires.

Surfcal

SactoCampers

Surfcal
QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

What has lilliPUT come to?  Can t we just all get along?  LilliPUT has come down to this, pro-Disney and anti-Disney.

There are those who accuse that the Disney regime is being run by a lunatic, preying on hapless consumers and usurping other corporations.  And there are those who just are just content to let it ride and let Eisner be Eisner.

Sentiments are running high for the anti-Disney movement and there are protests in the land.  How dare he run a company purely for profit with no regard for childhood memories and respect for the heritage of a fantasy.  It s a small world after all.

But then there are those who stand by Eisner, allowing him run his Magic Kingdom and his many palaces, and forcing his subjects to shave their facial hair.  From cruise ships, to network television, to cultural hegemony in Europe, Eisner s influence is uncontainable.

And the people have become extremely agitated, fueling high hopes that Eisner will move on, without confrontation, without controversy and take exile, perhaps at neighboring institutions like Seven Flags or Legoland.

But that is not the case, for stockbrokers strongly support Eisner and this small loyal band aims to keep him in power, if only because its resources keeps the money flowing in, and it is this tight guard that keeps him in power.

But perhaps, he can only be taken down from power by brute force.  It is brewing to become a troublesome conflict.  We will just have to wait to see what transpires.

Surfcal

Latest report: Bill Gates has given him 48 hours to accept his buyout and rename it Microland.

Cottonwooder

SactoCampers
QuoteLatest report: Bill Gates has given him 48 hours to accept his buyout and rename it Microland.

Another deserving to be nominated for SOMETHING!

Cottonwooder

NickWell, tonight s 11pm news wasn t exactly entertaining.  [:(]

TOS, as the local harbor cop, do you have to take any extra patrol precautions?  Anything extra you need to be on the lookout for?  I can t imagine tiny li l Ventura being on anyone s hit list, but you never know. [:(]

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteTOS, as the local harbor cop, do you have to take any extra patrol precautions? Anything extra you need to be on the lookout for? I can t imagine tiny li l Ventura being on anyone s hit list, but you never know.  

Sworn to absolute secrecy following an inside tip from the FBI that SS was actually a Bin Laden Lieutenant charged with cruising the PUT Boards looking for tidbits like what Ventura Harbor s Homeland Security plan is.

But just so you don t think that we are unprepared, have you ever noticed that their are three elevated towers strategically placed on three of the four corners of the harbor?  Check it out next time you are in the harbor.  Not many people notice this.

gsm x2