News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

NickJust an edited entry in honor of Sactocampers.

Surfcal

SactoCampers

SurfcalRay,

I got a better idea. I ll just add it to my signature.

Actually, it s not working out the way I want it to, so I ll just keep manually editing.

Surfcal

NickSacto,

Then you can rag on me with entries of screwball quote formatting.  I always mess that up.  I m not into the rectangles.  I d really be lost.

QuoteRay,

I got a better idea. I ll just add it to my signature.

Actually, it s not working out the way I want it to, so I ll just keep manually editing.

Surfcal

P.S. More editing.  Just ignore.

g-whiz

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

P.S. More editing.  Just ignore.

Doesn t that belong over in the IGNORE thread???  Stop confusing me! [;)][8D]

Surfcal

g-whizG-Whiz:

This thread is long enough that we can look back at its history.  On March 3rd, you were also confused.  See quote below:

QuoteORIGINAL:  g-whiz

QuoteWhy is Brian calling you Ray? I am confused I thought that Ray was surfcal, and Georganne is g-whiz? Did I miss something?      

I fess up that I was also confused, but then realized that this was NNC that I was dealing with, so I let my confusion go and accepted the post for what it was worth....  the answer to my question!  Does a true NNCer ever admit to confusion? [&:][8D]

This history moment has been sponsored by:
 Smith Barney:  We earn money the old fashioned way, we ignore.

(Submission by SactoCampers)

Surfcal

g-whiz

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

G-Whiz:

This thread is long enough that we can look back at its history.  On March 3rd, you were also confused.  See quote below:

QuoteORIGINAL:  g-whiz

QuoteWhy is Brian calling you Ray? I am confused I thought that Ray was surfcal, and Georganne is g-whiz? Did I miss something?      

I fess up that I was also confused, but then realized that this was NNC that I was dealing with, so I let my confusion go and accepted the post for what it was worth....  the answer to my question!  Does a true NNCer ever admit to confusion? [&:][8D]

This history moment has been sponsored by:
 Smith Barney:  We earn money the old fashioned way, we ignore.

(Submission by SactoCampers)

Surfcal

So in other words:

Confusion is the welcome mat
 at the door of creativity
- Michael Gelb

griffsmom

OC Campers

QuoteORIGINAL:  OC Campers

A D-land rally??  Way cool.  I think we could make that rally.  It is only 8 miles from our house.  I bet we could get Griffsmom there too.  

Actually, I wouldn t grumble at all about going to D-land if it meant that I would get to camp with and meet the people who give me so much to laugh about on these boards!  [:D]I bet I could even convince Dave that the drive wouldn t be too long for the monkey boy. [;)]

QuoteI don t know if I could wagonmaster anything that large though.  Plus most of the cg s around there are RV parks of state parks.  Hmm, may have to think about this one.

Jacqui s right.  The RV parks that are a few blocks from D-land are nothing more than asphalt parking spaces that are ramma-jamma next to each other, and that s being kind.  Camping overnight at Park Wal-Mart would be more scenic than these places.  Canyon RV Park (sometimes known as Featherly Park, http://www.canyonrvpark.com/) could work.  It s located off the 91 fwy and the 241 tollroad and is more convenient than some of the state parks (e.g., San Onofre, San Clemente, and some places off Ortega hwy in San Juan Capistrano).  It has a more rural setting, but Dee4j commented that you can hear the traffic going by.  I suppose we could endure it for the sake of an NNC D-land rally. Dee had also mentioned maybe having an impromptu outing there the weekend of April 11th, and if we go, I could check it out and report back.

QuoteMy only gripe about Disneyland is the crowds.  It seems that no matter what day, what time or what season the crowds are unbearable.  

You re right about that, and since this rally would most likely need to be in one of the summer months while the kids are out of school, we may just have grin and bear the crowds; but hey with this group, I think we could grin and bear just about anything!  July could work, since there is no rally currently planned for that month.  My vote would be for July 18th or after, since we ll be in Rhode Island the last week of June/first week of July.  

OC Campers

NickLori, I was also thinking Canyon RV.  We have had our church campout there and it is quite nice except for the 91 fwy which runs right next to the park[: (]  It has a nice pool and a sprinkler area where the kids can run thru them instead of going to the pool.  They also have a small store.  They have full-hookups (at least they were in the process of putting in sewer when we were there in August.  There are also plent of trees and grass in case there is a tenter amongst us.

I too would grin and bear D-land for a rally.  I guess Nick will just have to provide some extra " brew"  for those long lines.

Jacqui

Surfcal

NickHey:

I like that concept of you guys using this forum to exchange useful information.  We ve never really used it for the purpose.  It s a nice development.

Keep it up guys.

Surfcal

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
Quotehave you ever noticed that their are three elevated towers strategically placed on three of the four corners of the harbor? Check it out next time you are in the harbor.

Haven t been to the Harbor in ages!  Can t picture " four corners"  to it.  In relation to the big grassy patch, where are these towers?

Cottonwooder

SurfcalCan t resist...

griffsmom

OC Campers

QuoteORIGINAL:  OC Campers

Lori, I was also thinking Canyon RV.  We have had our church campout there and it is quite nice except for the 91 fwy which runs right next to the park[: (]  It has a nice pool and a sprinkler area where the kids can run thru them instead of going to the pool.  They also have a small store.  They have full-hookups (at least they were in the process of putting in sewer when we were there in August.  There are also plent of trees and grass in case there is a tenter amongst us.

I too would grin and bear D-land for a rally.  I guess Nick will just have to provide some extra " brew"  for those long lines.

Jacqui

Info gathered from a Mousesavers site:

Generally, there are  three " seasons"  at Disneyland: Value Season (roughly January, February, last three weeks of October, first three weeks of November, and first three weeks of December) is the least crowded time. Regular Season (roughly the months of March, early and late April, all of May and June, and last week of August through first week of October) is moderately crowded. The most crowded time of year is Peak Season (roughly mid-April, July, first three weeks of August, and dates around Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year).

So if we were to plan a " House of Mouse"  rally and wanted to minimize crowds while still not having to pull the kids out of school, we could hold the rally on the last weekend (before Labor Day) in August.  That would be the weekend of the 22rd through the 24th (Fri-Sun).  If the neffers wanted to join us, they would be camping back-to-back from their prior Halfdome Hyjinx"  weekend.

Any interest?

Cottonwooder

griffsmom
QuoteIf the neffers wanted to join us,

So, now we have the Neffers and the Snickers?  Love it!

Hate to plan so far ahead, but we re interested in this.  [:)]

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteHaven t been to the Harbor in ages! Can t picture " four corners"  to it. In relation to the big grassy patch, where are these towers?

Cottonwooder:

Tower #1 to prevent terrorist attack by land is at the corner of Harbor and Schooner cleaverly disguised by hanging the Harbortown Four Points Sheraton sign from it.

Tower #2 to prevent terrorist attack by boat is the tower of the National Park Service Visitor Center.  Please note the peculiar design of the three " telescopes"  and how they stratigically face different directions.

Tower #3 to prevent terrorist attach by inflatables up the South Beach is the tower at Harbor Village.  I am secretly spending twelve hour shifts up there, which is why my posting has gone down a bit---but they do have a DSL line hooked to a laptop, so to keep my presense secret I do occationally post just to throw of the Evil Doers.

gsm x2

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteSo, now we have the Neffers and the Snickers? Love it!

Hate to plan so far ahead, but we re interested in this.  

Is my memory failing me?  Wasn t it two days ago that we had a " Won t let the Mouse in my House"  thread?

No wonder I get confused easily.

Of all the things I have lost in my life, I miss my mind the most.

gsm x2