SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

griffsmom

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Is my memory failing me?  Wasn t it two days ago that we had a " Won t let the Mouse in my House"  thread?

No wonder I get confused easily.

Of all the things I have lost in my life, I miss my mind the most.

gsm x2

Actually, your  mind is still with you on this one.  Yep, that was me spitting bile against Disney the Conglomerate, Cold-blooded, Money-extracting corporation only a few posts ago, but deep inside, I ve always known that eventually the day would come when I would have to break down and forego my own personal feelings in order for Griffin to have the slightest of chances at having something even remotely resembling a normal childhood.  It wasn t enough that God took us out of the gene pool, that we end-ran around Him and got a baby anyway!  With parents like us, the kid s gonna get rabble roused on the playground for something.  Let s at least not let the kids think he s a freak because he hasn t been to Disneyland!  [:)]

Cottonwooder

griffsmomLori, whatcha doing here on the board instead of in the chatroom with us?  C mon, we re still in here.  Pronto!

griffsmom

CottonwooderHey Trish,

Sorry I missed the chat.  I got home late from church and was only able to sneak in a post or two between trying to put the monkey in his cage for the night, do laundry and find out what kind of flooring we have under all the toys, clothing, etc.  Also, DH was trying to set up his basketball pool with all his cronies so I did t have my usual take-over-the-computer access.  Sounds like a great time was had by all, although I m not so sure about all the f*rting that was rumored to have been going on.  I don t need to go to a chat room to have others " sharing"  that with me...remember, I live with three boys![: (]

Surfcal

CottonwooderGriffsmom:

It is now Day 6 since someone else has followed up on your post in the Website thread.  You are in danger of thread killing.  How could you let that happen?  Someone else other than you has to enter to make it active again, but then again, tsk tsk, no one is doing it.

You might want to go and campaign some good friend to prevent it from slipping into a whole week.  But, I don t know who will do that.  Maybe your good friend Cottonwooder?  That s what good friends are for.

Hmmm, could you be the new thread killer?

Surfcal

SactoCampers

SurfcalI noticed that too. It s like she walked in there with Birkenstocks and sweaty feet and cleared that room out.

griffsmom

SurfcalSurf,

I am shocked and appalled at myself!![:o]  I had no idea that I even had those kinds of murderous tendencies! Where did my mother go wrong?

Please, please, please someone.  I implore you!  Save me from myself and help me to not become a thread killer.  I m a victim of circumstances!  I...I...I have a child!!  What will become of him if this is allowed to happen?  Please, won t you post to the Web site thread?[:(]

Cottonwooder?  OC Campers?  Red Neff?  Sacto?  the Gs?  Is there anybody out there....[&:]

Cottonwooder

Surfcal
QuoteIt is now Day 6 since someone else has followed up on your post in the Website thread.

Is one week considered the death of a thread?  This forum is so active, I have my prefs set to go back only 1 day, so have no idea of what s lagging beyond that.  Hmm, I could be a pal and rescue her, or I could be a Snicker and let her languish, thereby snagging a less-than-stellar place on the RR List.  :::Insert evil grin here:::

(Why on earth is there no evil grin face????)

SactoCampers

griffsmom
QuoteCottonwooder? OC Campers? Red Neff? Sacto? the Gs? Is there anybody out there....  

Cottonwooder s on the fence thinking, " Hmmm, what s in it for me?"

OC Campers would probably help but when will she be checking in?

Red Neff? Yeah, I bet he ll help, but probably just complain that one of the buttons is misspelled or something really lame like that.

Sacto? Sorry, I can t help you out. I m in rabble rouse mode. Besides, I work on the website. It s a little self-absorbed to congratulate Nick and myself on the work we ve done. It also doesn t make sense to ask ourselves for changes when we can just go ahead and make them.

The G s? They re on the road, so forget it.

If you don t want the " Princess of thread killing"  label to stick, it looks like you re holding out for OC Campers and Red Neff. I m not sure how I would feel about that. Unless some prince in shining armor saves the day for you. It could happen....

Next time.......leave the Birkenstocks on your feet. [8D]

Surfcal

CottonwooderGriffsmom:

You might want to build a " coalition" in the future to make sure this doesn t happen to you again.  I am afraid that you will be slipping into that dreaded 7 days since someone posted after you.

Just so you know, I would help you, but I am going camping and it takes time to build a thought and think of something clever to enter.  I just can t do that spontaneously.  I wish I could help.

Surfcal

P.S.  Hey, there s a lot of newbies, like Stimpy, ckkevin, etc.  You might be able to bamboozle them.

griffsmom

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

QuoteCottonwooder? OC Campers? Red Neff? Sacto? the Gs? Is there anybody out there....  

Cottonwooder s on the fence thinking, " Hmmm, what s in it for me?"

Trish, as a mother yourself, I m begging you...if not for me and all that we shared at Casitas, then think of Lil  Griffy

QuoteOC Campers would probably help but when will she be checking in?

Jacqui, please check in, please check in...

QuoteRed Neff? Yeah, I bet he ll help, but probably just complain that one of the buttons is misspelled or something really lame like that.

Neff, we ve never met, but everyione says that you re just a genuinely nice guy.  From surfcal: " Red  neff  Barchetta is always in a good mood and not mischievous enough. He s like the NNC Boy Scout and altar boy."   and from Sacto: " Red Neff: Ray hit the nail on the head. He s always helping out, offering batteries, helping old ladies cross the street, saying nice things & stuff. "   See?  Could you help me out here?

QuoteSacto? Sorry, I can t help you out. I m in rabble rouse mode. Besides, I work on the website. It s a little self-absorbed to congratulate Nick and myself on the work we ve done. It also doesn t make sense to ask ourselves for changes when we can just go ahead and make them.

<sigh>  I understand

QuoteThe G s? They re on the road, so forget it.

D*mn[>:]

QuoteIf you don t want the " Princess of thread killing"  label to stick, it looks like you re holding out for OC Campers and Red Neff. I m not sure how I would feel about that. Unless some prince in shining armor saves the day for you. It could happen....

Dead woman posting...

griffsmom

CottonwooderDear Guest,

On behalf of myself and Lil  Griffy, THANK YOU AND BLESS YOU!!!![:D]  You are truly my hero!!  I only hope that I will someday have the chance to express my gratitude in person.

(I would have posted this in the Web site thread, but no way am I chancing that AGAIN!)[;)]

Surfcal

CottonwooderGriffsmom:

I have to call a slight technicality here, but who is Guest?  It could have been you.  It s got to come from a legitimate NNC or SNC members, otherwise, I think it s a foul!

I don t mean to be a fly in the ointment, but you want to get this right.  Nick is rooting for you to earn this dubious title.

Surfcal

P.S.  Sacto, am I being too brutal?  What do you think?

SactoCampers

SurfcalAs a die hard rabble rouser, I m inclined to agree and it is somewhat consistent with my rabble rousing profile of her on previous pages. However, it does seem slightly out of character for her to try and bail herself out considering she had already resigned herself to doom. Coupled with the fact that her surprise and elated response seemed genuine perhaps it should stand this once. Those are psychological tactics and military strategy combinations far above the capabilities of even the most seasoned of rabble rousers. If she pulled that off, then we have met the new rabble rousing MASTER. Finally, a full scale investigation is not within the budget of NNC. That said, if she threatens to kill another thread, no such approval of " Guest"  bailout will be granted by the rabble rousing executive council. So you reluctantly have my vote.

CottonwooderI say no guests.  I did not get that luxury.  Sacto, don t go soft on me man.  Stand up for whats right.  A true RR would not let a guest post count.[:D][:D][:D]

Oops, this guest was me.  Just cleard the cache and such on my puter and did not realize it logged me out.

Nick

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  Guest

I say no guests.  I did not get that luxury.  Sacto, don t go soft on me man.  Stand up for whats right.  A true RR would not let a guest post count.[:D][:D][:D]

" Guest"  reveal thyself!