SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Civil_War_Buff

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Yes, better get going.  Thanks for stopping by for a chat.  Now that it s Sunday afternoon and the Snug Harbor-ers are getting back home, PERHAPS THEY WILL TOO!!!  (hint, hint!)

(I ll turn my signature back on now.)

~Patricia~

You are starting to scare me now!!  It s OK, we are home from the HarboUr
 now, and the troops should be checking in soon.  I was looking for you, but alas, you stood us up AGAIN!! [&:]

Hope you had as nice a weekend without us as we had with each other!!   Surcal indicated that  this particular outing was different than the others, and man was he right!...wait till you see the pictures.....dancing ON the tables, etc. etc. etc.  Ask G-whiz about that!!  Or you can wait till the pics get posted!!  And after Ray does his ever so popular review of the weekend!!

HAD A GREAT TIME!! Missed those that couldn t make it.

Later dudes!

Happy Campin  <><

6Quigs

CottonwooderWe re home safe also.

Had a great time with old friends and the new ones we just met.
 Missed those that couldn t make it.
 Snug Harbor was a great location, with our very own Party Tent.
 Sacto, you need to get one of those for the June Rally!!

We will check back in here later with a full report, once we ve dried the popup, and put everything away.

Hugs to everyone

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderOK, I ll check in here also (I just posted in the Snug thread).
 Had a great time and truly enjoyed everyone s company!
 After hearing about the w/e, I doubt Amy will ever miss a rally again.  She missed seeing everyone.

champ521

CottonwooderJust checkin in. We had a great time. This is a wonderful group. Thanks to Holly for putting this trip together. I m glad I finally got to meet everybody. The drive home was quite uneventful, which is a good thing. Popped back up to dry out after we got home. Now that we know what to expect, you can expect to see more of us. Looking forward to seeing everyone in June.

otter

CottonwooderOur trip home was uneventful also: and a lot shorter thanks to Jeff and Larry who sandwiched us out of  camp and onto the ferry and to the right road (which I missed at first, but got it at the second shot) hehehehee,  
 Thanks again to Naomi and Michael for letting us follow thier tail lates around several islands and cow pastures before leading us to all the fun.  
 Great weekend.  
 hugs

gsm x2

CottonwooderKevin s list at Snug Harbor pretty well sums it up.  It was a very eventful weekend.  For TOTAL NUMBERS of people, I think it may have been the biggest Rally yet.  6Quids became 10.  Sammyslave s kids and grandkids, around 12 or 14 in all were there.  Jeff s folks stopped by for a bit.

Georgeanne had told me to make sure I got pictures of all sleepers and visitors.  I don t think there are enough memory cards in all of Best Buy to accomplish that goal.

Having failed that, I am ready to set out on my next photographic assignment, " The Dogs of NNC."   I had such great success with my first three subjects this week, NOT, I even managed to get a back picture of Sophie...her eyes were closed.

Just wait until next time.

Heading for bed now.  Hasta Manana,

Scott

Cottonwooder

Civil_War_Buff
Quote~Patricia~
 You are starting to scare me now!!

Hey ~Larry-buff~, boo!  Good to see you all back and posting.  Geez, it s darn difficult to keep all these boards afloat with no one around to help.  Where d everyone go?  Probably glued to CNN all weekend. [:(]     Welcome back!  [:)]

Civil_War_Buff

Cottonwooder~Cottonwooder~ (aka ~Patricia~),

I did notice that you were spending a LOT of time talking to uhhh errrr  ummm the " others"  (yeah, that s it..the " others" ).  I figured that it was a conspiracy to bump gsmx2 off the throne...I was glad to see that forestwalker kept you company, and I saw that Nick snuck in a whine or two!!  

I learned a LOT about you this weekend, I just kept handing G-whiz harvey-wallbangers and askin  questions.  Tip for the CIA, DO NOT pick G-whiz for any top secret stuff, but as for NNC, she is Purrrrfect!!  

I understand that she brought " Rocky"  and let her go swimming in the river...funny thing though...Rocky never came back.....must be one of those aminal kingdom stories, and I ll bet Rocky ran for 2 solid days and was sitting happily (but tired) in the yard where she belongs!!  Animal have such an uncanny sense of direction!

We missed everyone that wasn t there, but if you look at the group picture that gsmx2 posted, you can see why it was so quiet on the NNC site this past weekend.

Happy Campin  <><

Surfcal

CottonwooderHello fellow NNCers.  As you know, I am pretty much a tinkerer and do a lot of deshnitizifications.  As Sammyslave though says, it s not fair Ray because you own a company that employs a carpenter.  Well, that s true and even though I personally don t do the modifications, I watch intently!  And they are my ideas and more importantly, I funded them!

A few months ago, I did the flooring in my trailer and got a lot of positive responses about it. After a few campouts, it has proven to be a good move. It is easy to keep clean, improved the insulation of the trailer and above all, the trailer looks good.

I ve provided a link to a set of photos of my other deshnitizifications since. They are:

- a removable TV stand
 - a removable bar for hanging clothes
 - a custom box for the BAL leveler
 - and some other toys to improve and enhance the camping experience.

Check it out and see what you think. They have all made camping such a fun and orderly experience.

Surfcal

http://community.webshots.com/album/67428178BimMuL

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta(A repeat of my entry in the Axe Me About My Weekend thread)

Hello and we re happy to report that NNC held another successful rally.

First of all, what a blast! In life, you can measure a lot of things, what things weight, how far one can jump and even clock the " movement"  of matter in nanoseconds. But it s those intangible things like " fun"  that certainly defy any quantifying scale.

Like what is the measure you use when the weather turns out better than predicted? Well, we had beautiful weather. And just how do you keep tabs of smiles and laughter throughout the whole weekend. And the food, just how much one can stuff in the belly before the body cries for mercy.

Well, all told, this was another vintage NNC rally, complete with someone taking the wrong site, to people taking the wrong routes and getting lost, but most of all finding old friends and making new ones.

Clearly, the NNC rallies have become a regular activity, but each and every rally breeds a personality of its own. To get to Snug Harbor, it is a pretty trying experience (especialy in the dark), but once you turn off a lonely levee road, you come upon a community that is reminiscent of the town in the movie Deliverence. It is a pretty backwoods and backwater kind of a place. But, you get over that quite quickly. That place actually grows on you once you re there.

But as delightful as ever are the familiar faces and the warm smiles that greet you upon arrival. And it doesn t matter whether it s been since the last rally you ve seen them or a couple of rallies back, what s evident is the kind of warmth and friendship that eveyone exudes, like putting on a old comfortable pair of sneakers. It s a feeling never goes out of style nor ever loses its richness.

From Larry s gourmet like cooking, to CWB s stories of reenactment (where people are apparently shot one day, but they come back to fight again the next day, go figure), to Neff s enthusiasm for the pop-up, one can never really exhaust all the tall tales and the yards upon yards of yarns spun. It is like camping out on steriods.

There are stories that will be told in future rallies, like the night when Georgeanne and Rita ended up dancing on the tables in their drunken stupor. Or the time that Pete passed out, a rabid Lakers fan, we took pictures of him with a maksshift sign that said GO KINGS, a little prank for which he was none too pleased when he woke up in the midst of camera flashes. Or when we filled the big tent with enough smoke to gas the Nick-Neff-Coughers away because the pit was in the wrong place. To Madlyn s signature Margaritas that proceeded to intoxicate everyone.

And the time when Ralph assigned CWB to take care of his tri-tip while it was cooking on the grill while he stepped away for an errand, but by the time he came back, Larry, Pete and I had all but consumed every bit of it. And that p*ssed Larry off again because he didn t get any.

And Kevin and Margaret proudly presenting their Irish stew for dinner, only to find out that the potatoes weren t quite done. And they started cooking that stuff since ten tar-tee in the mar-neeng in a crockpot.

I guess you have to be there to really get what I m talking about. But for those that didn t make it, it s just a glimpse of the shenanigans and sentiments of another unforgettable weekend. It is an unparalled experience, a bunch of folks whose bonds were first initiated by the rolling rigs they have in common, but what transpired was something more that what canvas walls could contain. It is a spirit of childlike innocence, the pursuit for wholesome fun and some pretty prime rabble rousing. Axe Me About My Weekend was a terrific rally.

And so, just how do you measure fun? You just can t and it s something you ll just have to do in person. And for those who were there and our friends who couldn t make it, here s some photos that capture the memories.

http://community.webshots.com/album/67386972dySnLC

SactoCampers

6Quigs
QuoteSnug Harbor was a great location, with our very own Party Tent.
 Sacto, you need to get one of those for the June Rally!!

Did anybody else translate that as Kevin volunteering himself to coordinate that? [;)][:D].

Sounds like I missed a great rally!

BTW, the website is updated with a few pictures from the rally and a link to the Webshots!

Civil_War_Buff

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

BTW, the website is updated with a few pictures from the rally and a link to the Webshots!

Is it JUST ME? or does anyone else have trouble finding where these pictures and links are on the NNC site?  I will see and hear things that are posted, then I will spend a LOT of time trying to figure out where they are on the site.  I figure that  it IS just me, but a little LOGIC would sure be welcomed there.[:D][:D][&:]

Happy Campin  <><

Surfcal

CottonwooderLarry,

I hear you man.  I also went to the Website and found nothing, nada, not a stitch of what Sactocampers is talking about.  I think he s just an angry man for not having made a great rally.

I bet he also posted a complete section of the Unicorn farm.

Surfcal

Hybrid Holly

Cottonwooder
QuoteIs it JUST ME? or does anyone else have trouble finding where these pictures and links are on the NNC site? I will see and hear things that are posted, then I will spend a LOT of time trying to figure out where they are on the site. I figure that it IS just me, but a little LOGIC would sure be welcomed there.    

Oops, we forgot to give CWB the secret code again.

Oh, and Surfcal, I think even those who were not at Snug Harbor remembered the gate code!

Civil_War_Buff

Hybrid Holly
QuoteORIGINAL:  Hybrid Holly

Oops, we forgot to give CWB the secret code again.

Holly, you too???????  I am crushed!!!! Secret codes to gates, secret Unicorn locations, secret website codes, this is a VERY secretive group.!![:@]

I ll bet that even the resolution to keep the code secret was kept secret!!! Wasn t it? Or is THAT information secret? [: (][: (][&:][8D]

HC<><