SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteCons--view through the viewfinder is only 80% of the actual shot scene

You re kidding!!!  [:o]  I m assuming there s a reason for such a quirk, but can t begin to imagine what it could be!

QuoteI ll have the camera and laptop at SLO so can show you the whole process.

Oh dear, I can see myself spending the entire weekend playing with these gadgets! [:D]

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
Quotequote:

Cons--view through the viewfinder is only 80% of the actual shot scene

You re kidding!!!  I m assuming there s a reason for such a quirk, but can t begin to imagine what it could be!

I wish I was kidding, but I am not.  And I can t image why either.  Since it is not an SLR camera, I expected a little variation, but 80%....very rediculous and unnecessary.  A PIA too because the worst way to take a stable picture if to hold the camera in a position where you are looking through the LCD screen.

gsm x2

Civil_War_Buff

gsm x2
QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Dear SBP,

I got a Canon A40 camera.  It s a 2 Megapixel camera because I don t blow stuff up over 5 x 7 anyway.

Pros:  Uses CompactFlash which I like for durability and I have 4 cards
 Quiet and takes pictures rapidly
 3x Optical zoom  Forget any digital zoom settings.  Digital zoom sucks
 LIke the larger size
 Has really nice software including a STICH program that stiches " panorama shots" , shoot--move camera, shoot--move camera, shoot--move camera into a flawless wider than wide angle shot.
 Good battery life

Cons--view through the viewfinder is only 80% of the actual shot scene

I haven t figured out how close I can get for an " in focus"  macro shot, but will figure that out.

I ll have the camera and laptop at SLO so can show you the whole process.

gsm x2

For comparison, I have the HP315 (actually made by Olympus I beleive).

2.1 megapixel, 2X digital zoom, compact flash.  Battery life is about 600 pictures/set of 4 AA, (not bad by anyones standards).  View finder has a crosshair aim feature to allow centering of shots.[:)][:)]

Cost is ~$120, has fairly decent software, (but one could bootleg a copy of TOS s fine sounding software).[;)]

Con s.....I wish it had optical zoom, but not bad for the price, I think. [:(]

And final thought, my future depends on HP products, so I think EVERYONE should own an HP.[&:]

griffsmom

Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

[And final thought, my future depends on HP products, so I think EVERYONE should own an HP.[&:]

Then I m glad that we have 2 very nice HP desktop set ups (one for DH, one for 17 yo stepson), a couple of HP printers, and our most recent HP purchase: my laptop![:D]

Cottonwooder

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteAnd final thought, my future depends on HP products, so I think EVERYONE should own an HP.

Why, ~Buff~?  You work with HP?  You ll be glad to know since we got our first HP product about 7 years ago (LaserJet that is still great), I liked it enough to stay with HP for everything else: deskjet, scanner, external CDRW, and HP Pavilion.

TOS, couldn t you have returned that camera once you discovered its oddity?

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderHa, ha Ray.  My thread has special " top"  status.

Civil_War_Buff

Cottonwooder
QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

QuoteAnd final thought, my future depends on HP products, so I think EVERYONE should own an HP.

Why, ~Buff~?  You work with HP?  You ll be glad to know since we got our first HP product about 7 years ago (LaserJet that is still great), I liked it enough to stay with HP for everything else: deskjet, scanner, external CDRW, and HP Pavilion.

TOS, couldn t you have returned that camera once you discovered its oddity?

Guilty as charged!! Yes, Veronica and I both work for HP.  They do make good products, I was a user (my HP15C Calculator) before I was an employee!  I often get kidded that my study here looks like an HP demo center.  As I look around, I have 2 HP pavilion desktop computers, 4 HP printers, (a 940C, an Officejet v40xi (printer/scanner/copier/fax), a Laserjet 6L and a PhotoSmart printer), and an HP scanner. In the house are an additional 2 HP Desktops, 1 HP laptop, an additional 5 HP printers, another HP scanner, and an HP 170 Color copier, and then there s my calculators and the digital camera.  Veronica says that I am a little obsessed....I don t think so! [&:][&:]

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteTOS, couldn t you have returned that camera once you discovered its oddity?

Might have--but once I REALLY discovered it, I already loved the camera.

I ll just live with it and can crop out rogue limbs and telephone lines really fast anyway.  But it does keep me from recommending the camera.

gsm x2

griffsmom

CottonwooderHey, I just made the top twenty!  By tonight s count, eleven of the top twenty are NNC ers!  That s a mighty fine showing![:D]

gsm x2

CottonwooderI refuse to make a big deal out of this or get into a posting competition, but please note that numbers 3 - 5 on THE LIST are all from Ventura, although Patricia only claims to be from Southern California

gsm x2

gsm x2

griffsmom
QuoteHey, I just made the top twenty! By tonight s count, eleven of the top twenty are NNC ers! That s a mighty fine showing!  

Mighty fine indeed.  If you were to take over THE LIST FROM Patricia for the next week, you might even break into the top 15.

gsm x2

gsm x2

gsm x2As Griffsmon says, " Eleven of the top tweny PUT posters are from NNC

Very kewl indeed.

gsm x2

griffsmom

gsm x2Hey, that s neat.  How d you do that?

Cottonwooder

gsm x2Hello, am I here?  Does my post look the same?

Been installing our new DSL hook-up this past hour or so, and it finally seems to be finished now.  OMG, these pages are loading instantly, no waiting and waiting.... it s like dial-up on steroids!  " Hey, slow down before you kill yourself!"

BTW, looks like TOS is playing with G s lipstick on that list, doesn t it?  I hadn t looked at it in a couple of days, didn t know I was at 400.  Wow!

So, is this what DSL is like?  I m going to have fun all weekend exploring this...  [:D]

Surfcal

gsm x2Hey Cottonwoder, you posted so quickly with that new DSL I barely recognized you.  You just zipped right by.

Hey TOS, since you are into the posting statistics, with you and G-Whiz, as a household, you hold the record for more postings than any other couple.

However, even with the two of you combined, you are still lagging behind Tracy, tlhdoc.

During the First Quarter of this year, Jan. thru March, you are posting at the rate of about 5.2 per day.

If you are to maintain that rate for the rest of the year, you will have about 1898 postings at the end of the year.

Just food for thought.

Surfcal