News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

gsm x2@#$%^&**(@!!!!!!  [:@]   [: (]  [:@] Using good ol  dial-up at the moment because of endless problems this past hour with the new DSL.   [:@] [:@]  Worked that one time, and not since.  [:@] [:@]  Am not up to another midnight hour on the phone with tech support, and today s " List"  will have to wait till tomorrow.  [: (]

TOS, do you know if Earthlink DSL is instantly online when you switch on the computer, or do you have to launch something first?  SBC Yahoo DSL has to be launched first.  Duh! [:@]

g-whiz

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

@#$%^&**(@!!!!!!  [:@]   [: (]  [:@] Using good ol  dial-up at the moment because of endless problems this past hour with the new DSL.   [:@] [:@]  Worked that one time, and not since.  [:@] [:@]  Am not up to another midnight hour on the phone with tech support, and today s " List"  will have to wait till tomorrow.  [: (]

TOS, do you know if Earthlink DSL is instantly online when you switch on the computer, or do you have to launch something first?  SBC Yahoo DSL has to be launched first.  Duh! [:@]

Since I m up with indigestion from the wonderful bean dip we had at Yolie s tonight, just thot I d give a pitch for Earthlink even tho I really don t know the answer to your question.  I can say I was VERY unsatisfied with SBC Yahoo dial-up.  See, I started out way back in the dark ages with Prodigy and Scott had Pac Bell.  Pac Bell changed to SBC and the next thing you know it was SBC Prodigy.  Then to make matters worse it became SBC Yahoo.  Another VERY good quality of Earthlink is their customer service.  Call them, Patricia, and ask them your questions because they are awesome. [:)]  Hope you get your problems solved soon!

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteTOS, do you know if Earthlink DSL is instantly online when you switch on the computer, or do you have to launch something first? SBC Yahoo DSL has to be launched first. Duh!  

Patricia--sorry, don t know anything about DSL.  It was my understanding that both cable and dsl were " always on."

I ll echo G-Whiz s praise of Earthlink.  Last week I called to cancel my subscription and move my gsmx2 account over to Georgeanne s allotment of e-mail accounts.  Even when losing a customer, the technician was friendly, helpful, and accomplished the task easily.

gsm x2

gsm x2

gsm x2Oh--and did I mention that AS SOON as SBC became Yahoo SBC we were bombarded with spam and popup ads.  If we have an Earthlink CD around here, we ll drop it off to you.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2I m not quite as hip as most of you when it comes to computer things.  Thought I d try a trick I just learned here.
 This is a test of the emergency NNC system, if this were an actual NNC emergency then you would have been advised on how many Ales to consume.;

[link=http://www.nick-neff-cough.org]Our silly camping group[/link]

*Should be a link to the NNC site.

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Very cool trick.  I know, I know, I m the last one to get that trick, but at least I ve finally arrived.

Cottonwooder

Surfcal
QuoteHey Cottonwoder, you posted so quickly with that new DSL I barely recognized you. You just zipped right by.

Ssswwooooooooooosshhhhhhhhh....  Hey Surf, you can t catch me, you can t catch me, neener neener!       :-p~~~~~~    <--blowing raspberries

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Brian, shmian.  I want this thread back on " top" .

otter

gsm x2I m With you Jeff:  TOP it out!!!!
 R--R for all.  
 The few who are leaving have just been beat up lately!  After the lick their wounds they will be back!

6Quigs

gsm x2Just when you thought you had heard the last of it

Pop Up Times

Page 22

The D**m Ham has managed to get a photo of itself in our fine publication

griffsmom

6Quigs

QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

Just when you thought you had heard the last of it

Pop Up Times

Page 22

The D**m Ham has managed to get a photo of itself in our fine publication

Sorry to be so clueless, but what, exactly, does that mean?  [:o]

Cottonwooder

griffsmom
QuoteSorry to be so clueless, but what, exactly, does that mean?

Wow, Lori, here s a story for you!  It must be G who tells it, though.  I can t wait to see it in the magazine... had no idea its fame reached beyond these boards, LOL!

otter

gsm x2I missed the " ham"  experience too, Patricia.  We will have to get the story from G at SLO.  I do intuitively understand , however, that we do not suggest Ham as a menu item for a rally.  I was in Hawaii when it all happened.  

Cottonwooder

gsm x2With new faces popping up over on the HHS board, I wonder if the rest of us NNCers scare away other people with our antics.  Do you think so?  (I like the goofiness.  [8D])

gsm x2

gsm x23-2-1

gsm x2